Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

R4 DS Cartridge for DS Lite ,€24 Delivered

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭darraghw

hi all, ive been reading through this thread and am getting kind of confused as to which card to buy, where to buy it from etc

Could someone please advice me as to what card is the best to buy and what website?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Gameyeeeah seem to be the way to go. The R4 card seems to be the card. I have two and cant fault them. You can buy with or without the micro sd card. links below

http://www.gameyeeeah.com/r4ds-c-36.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

does anyone have any idea what the approximate shipping times are for gameyeeeah at the moment?

i got a bunch of R4's for mates at work before xmas from volumerate, but now word has spread and a heap more people want them. the problem now is that i'm not over happy at the idea of giving my money to volumerate again after the last debacle that very nearly ruined christmas for a lot of boys and girls.

checking out gameyeeeah now, but if anyone has recently (in the last week or so) bought an R4 from them then I'd be very grateful if they could give approx. times from order to delivery atm.

thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

As a previous post pointed out, using the courier delivery option with Gameyeeeah is the quickest.

For $73.95 ($53.95 + $20 P&P) I got an R4 and 1Gb card delivered in around 3 working days.

Items are marked with a value of $6 so shouldn't be an issue with customs.

Courier delivery is via DHL and is trackable once the order has shipped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

Hi all

Got my R4s just before Christmas so was able to give one as a present and the other for myself; fantastic piece of kit :)

Can anyone tell me if there's a similar kit available for PSPs? I've 3 nephews with new PSPs from Santy and something like an R4 would save a fortune for their parents.

Thanks for all your help,

L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

darraghw wrote: »
    hi all, ive been reading through this thread and am getting kind of confused as to which card to buy, where to buy it from etc

Could someone please advice me as to what card is the best to buy and what website?

Thanks in advance.

Darragh,

I would go with the toptoy DSST as it takes SDHC cards which the older R4 does not. Cards like this

**edit** check out dealextreme and go for the fast shipping, its only an extra tenner and you should expect the cart in a few days

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ordered a good few from Gameyeeeah on Sunday. Shipped Monday received today from TNT.

Thats an excellent service.
    Pick up date 07 Jan 2008
    Destination Waterford
    Delivery Date 12:05, 09 Jan 2008
    Signatory xxxxxxxxx
    Date Time Location Status
    09 Jan 2008 12:05 Cork Delivered
    09 Jan 2008 11:34 Cork Out For Delivery
    09 Jan 2008 08:19 Cork Import Received
    09 Jan 2008 03:09 Liege Euro Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
    09 Jan 2008 02:15 Liege Euro Hub Consignment Passed Through Transit Point
    08 Jan 2008 03:46 Hong Kong Consignment Received At Transit Point
    08 Jan 2008 00:23 Shenzhen Shipped From Originating Depot
    07 Jan 2008 22:02 Shenzhen Consignment Received At Transit Point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

far2gud wrote: »
    I would go with the toptoy DSST as it takes SDHC cards which the older R4 does not. Cards like this

If you get one of those cards for your DSTT, you'll be disappointed. One of those regular SD cards is about the same size as the DSTT.

You need a Micro SDHC, like one of these (MicroSDHCs listed near bottom)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Lpfsox wrote: »
    Hi all

Got my R4s just before Christmas so was able to give one as a present and the other for myself; fantastic piece of kit :)

Can anyone tell me if there's a similar kit available for PSPs? I've 3 nephews with new PSPs from Santy and something like an R4 would save a fortune for their parents.

Thanks for all your help,

L.

You can run homebrews etc on the psp but (depending on the firmware of the psp)it may not be as straight forward as using r4s with the ds lite. Have a google on the subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Mr Mojo

Thinking of getting a 4Gb card like this one from dvd.co.uk . Can anyone confirm if these work 100% with the R4?

Cheers Mojo

No, R4DS cards do not support SDHC cards (HC=High Capacity).
    You need to go with a regular MicroSD card, like one of these:

https://www.dvd.co.uk/Hw/SanDisk-Flash-memory-card-SD-adapter-included-2-GB-microSD/SDSDQ-2048-E10M/product.htm
    https://www.dvd.co.uk/Hw/Kingston-2GB-MicroSD-Micro-SD-Secure-Digital-Memory-Card/SDC2GB/product.htm

4gb MicroSD is the max size you can use in an R4, according to the FAQ:
    http://www.r4ds.com/product-en.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Ordered from gameyeeeah too, thx for the link.

Mr E wrote: »
    No, R4DS cards do not support SDHC cards (HC=High Capacity).
    You need to go with a regular MicroSD card, like one of these:

https://www.dvd.co.uk/Hw/SanDisk-Flash-memory-card-SD-adapter-included-2-GB-microSD/SDSDQ-2048-E10M/product.htm
    https://www.dvd.co.uk/Hw/Kingston-2GB-MicroSD-Micro-SD-Secure-Digital-Memory-Card/SDC2GB/product.htm

4gb MicroSD is the max size you can use in an R4, according to the FAQ:

Thanks for clearing that up Mr E - much appreciated mate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

I wouldn't recommend the extra EMS shipping from DealExtreme... it doesn't speed it up very much at all.. I've ordered a LOT from that website.

Why does everyone go for the R4DS? It costs at LEAST €40-€50 for the cartridge and a memory card. DSST and NCards are far cheaper... less than €20 delivered... and no extra memory thing needed.

I have both R4DS and NCard, and I still prefer my NCard...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Why does everyone go for the R4DS? It costs at LEAST €40-€50 for the cartridge and a memory card. DSST and NCards are far cheaper... less than €20 delivered... and no extra memory thing needed.

Well I've ordered a NCard on your advise. :) Question regarding it as I haven't received it yet. Do I need to put home-brew on it or does it come preconfigured? have you any links to instructions on it or is it straightforward enough?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BCawley

Just thought I should point out this website, its handy and is updated regularly.
    http://www.gbatemp.net/
    Stick it in Favourites and swing by for a few seconds, its well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

I think ill go for the Ncard, seems a lot better. No extra storage needed and 8gig for just 35dollers, or is there a catch.

Also whats the best site to buy it of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭matchthis

I think ill go for the Ncard, seems a lot better. No extra storage needed and 8gig for just 35dollers, or is there a catch.

Also whats the best site to buy it of?

where'd you see the 8gig, only came across the 1 and 2 gig myself :confused: Got a linky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Don't diss the R4!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Some of those flash cards have the memory in bits not bytes, so 8 giga bits would probably be around 1gb or something like that.

No way would you get a proper 8gb card for $35

• Advertisement

Ye thought it was to good to be true. is this still worth buying though, way cheaper than an RS card

Well what do yis think of the one in the link? Worth buying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

Ye thought it was to good to be true. is this still worth buying though, way cheaper than an RS card

would you care to comment a little more on that item . was thinking wow 8gb hahaha when i saw the link..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

anyone got one of these and how does it compare to R4?
    thanks
    john

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Feeder

fdevine wrote: »
    As a previous post pointed out, using the courier delivery option with Gameyeeeah is the quickest.

For $73.95 ($53.95 + $20 P&P) I got an R4 and 1Gb card delivered in around 3 working days.

Items are marked with a value of $6 so shouldn't be an issue with customs.

Courier delivery is via DHL and is trackable once the order has shipped.

I bought one of those R4 cards on the 9th of Jan off Gameyeeeah, with the 1Gb card, still no sign of delivery, the DHL track number they sent was incorrect and just this morning I received an email from the orders dept. saying that my address was remote and they needed another $20 to deliver it ? :mad:

I contacted DHL and they said they never look for more money they just leave a package at the depot at Shannon, sorry my address is Limerick City, and they try and get a contact phone number. :confused:

This sounds a bit fishy from Gameyeeeah to be honest, any else have this kind of bother?

Just a heads up for people who are thinking of dealing with them

Yeah happened to me too, and my delivery address was Limerick City.
    I just bit the bullet and paid it. I won't be going back to them in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Feeder

Really you paid it? did it get delivered then to your address, funny thing about it is I often see a DHL van parked up in a house around the corner. Did they send the wrong tracking ID for the package too?

I'm thinking about opening a dispute with Paypal about it, but that could take forever.

When you gave the money was the package only shipped then? will I have to wait another few days for delivery if i give in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

i know i should probably put this in as a separate request in that forum but hoping people here might have a better idea, my ds lite finally from the states and i'm wondering if anyone can tell me where's the best/cheapest place to get a power transformer in dublin city centre? had a quick look in game yesterday but they didn't seem to have any. think i remember someone mentioning hmv before. any ideas?

Feeder: I had problems with GameYeeeah (just after I ordered, they had a site crash and lost a bunch of orders, including mine), so I'm not the best person to ask about the regular ordering process... Look back around December 10th-ish in this thread for more info.

Derek: There is definitely a shortage of them. Try ringing around rather than travelling from store to store... it'll be alot quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭south

i got 3 r4 card's from gameyeeah in about 4 days with no problems at all.ordered on the 11th and delivered on the 15th .. can someone please tell me whats the biggest memory card that can be used in them?

Q: How many files can I have on the R4?
    A: R4 Adapter supports 128MB~4GB TF(MicroSD) card , 4GB=32Gbit

Make sure its a regular MicroSD card, and not Micro SDHC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭south

Mr E wrote: »

Make sure its a regular MicroSD card, and not Micro SDHC.

thanks for that Mr E

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

for those after a good value 1gig MicroSD card, SVP have one for €5.47 ex postage, the postage is too high to order just a card on its own, but if you're ordering some blank cds/dvds etc then its well worthwhile to tag this guy, you get the slighter cheaper price of €5.47 when you setup an account with SVP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Ordered a good few from Gameyeeeah on Sunday. Shipped Monday received today from TNT.

Thats an excellent service.

After reading some of the comments on this board regarding the excellent service from them I ordered an R4 with 2gig SD card from Gameyeeeah last friday night, and have had nothing but hassle so far from them. I opted for the DHL option for an extra $22 and payed for the whole lot through paypal.
    I didnt get a proper order confirmation until monday and when I reviewed the details of the order is stated that I had paid for the cheap (and slow) airmail option. This was wrong so I emailed about it and the next day I received a mail stating not to worry that they would DHL it. It didnt actually ship till yesterday (Wednesday) and by the looks of the tracking code they still sent it airmail.

So if it wasnt bad enough that they took almost a week to just process and ship the item now it looks like I'll be waiting for weeks to receive it after being assured in two emails by someone called Zoe that it would be sent via DHL and now have to fight to get the extra money I paid back from them for that shipping. Very frustrating.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

kendragon wrote: »
    After reading some of the comments on this board regarding the excellent service from them I ordered an R4 with 2gig SD card from Gameyeeeah last friday night, and have had nothing but hassle so far from them. I opted for the DHL option for an extra $22 and payed for the whole lot through paypal.
    I didnt get a proper order confirmation until monday and when I reviewed the details of the order is stated that I had paid for the cheap (and slow) airmail option. This was wrong so I emailed about it and the next day I received a mail stating not to worry that they would DHL it. It didnt actually ship till yesterday (Wednesday) and by the looks of the tracking code they still sent it airmail.

So if it wasnt bad enough that they took almost a week to just process and ship the item now it looks like I'll be waiting for weeks to receive it after being assured in two emails by someone called Zoe that it would be sent via DHL and now have to fight to get the extra money I paid back from them for that shipping. Very frustrating.

I am very sorry to hear that, but I have had ordered from them on 5 different occassions since the start of Dec and all 5 have been a breath of fresh air. All came within 7 days of order date by either DHL or TNT.

I have emailed them on many occassions but I dont think I have come accross a Zoe, but all my replies have been very helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I am very sorry to hear that, but I have had ordered from them on 5 different occassions since the start of Dec and all 5 have been a breath of fresh air. All came within 7 days of order date by either DHL or TNT.

I have emailed them on many occassions but I dont think I have come accross a Zoe, but all my replies have been very helpful.

I guess I'll have to chalk this up to bad luck but I dont think i'd risk buying from them again unless it was an exceptional deal.
    Just to add insult to injury I got an email from Zoe saying sorry for their big mistake and that they would refund me $17 for the shipping. I checked my paypal account and it hasnt arrived which means I have to email them again. Sigh!!

Sorry if i sound like a whiney **** but I just feel that people should be aware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I ordered a R4 for my frined from Gamechee on Dec 28 I think , I recived it last week.No problems at all.Ordered a memory card from MX and it arrived today.2 gb.
    AM happy enough.
    cathy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Got the 1gb n-card from dealextreme yesterday. Took 10 days for delivery and so far no problems with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭The Hacker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

anyone got one of these and how does it compare to R4?
    thanks
    john

Yeah mine arrived this week.

I have not used/seen the R4 so I don't know how it compares. Took a good while to deliver, but seems to work well.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055201582

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ordered 2x R4's off gameyeeeeah thursday before last and it turned up thrusday last. can't argue with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

Right lads, help me out here, which of these should i order? I need two, one for each of my kids. Would it be cheaper if i got it sent to a mate of mine in the US and my sister who's going over to him in a few weeks can pick it up?

What size do i need, what is the average game size in mb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Murtinho wrote: »
    Right lads, help me out here, which of these should i order? I need two, one for each of my kids. Would it be cheaper if i got it sent to a mate of mine in the US and my sister who's going over to him in a few weeks can pick it up?

What size do i need, what is the average game size in mb?

Murtinho - Cheapest option would be to go for a 1gb N-Card from DealExtreme.com... They have free shipping to ireland, but it takes 1.5-2 weeks to get here. €20 ish delivered.

Average size of games...... well that depends... The games come in either 128mb, 64mb, 32mb, 16mb, or 8mb (I'm sure 4mb aswell, but I've only seen one like that).

Something like Zelda or Elite Beat Agents is 128mb (lots of graphics, movies, music)
    Something like Brain Training, Sudoku, Tetris is 16mb (low graphics)

1gb card should do most people...

Cully wrote: »
    Murtinho - Cheapest option would be to go for a 1gb N-Card from DealExtreme.com... They have free shipping to ireland, but it takes 1.5-2 weeks to get here. €20 ish delivered.

Average size of games...... well that depends... The games come in either 128mb, 64mb, 32mb, 16mb, or 8mb (I'm sure 4mb aswell, but I've only seen one like that).

Something like Zelda or Elite Beat Agents is 128mb (lots of graphics, movies, music)
    Something like Brain Training, Sudoku, Tetris is 16mb (low graphics)

1gb card should do most people...

Thanks for that, i'd prefer a bigger care as im fairly nifty with the downloading, what's the difference between the r4ds, N-card etc. Im mainly worried about ordering the worng thing!

• Advertisement

get a DSTT from gameyeah (link is above somewhere), they have support for micro sdhc cards while the r4ds dont. You can get 4gb micro sdhc cards off dvd.co.uk for about 25 euro delivered (ebay doesnt even have them that cheap). Dealextreme seem to be out of stock for nearly every sort of card and you'd be luckly to have anything by the end of February if you were lucky.

get a DSTT from gameyeah (link is above somewhere), they have support for micro sdhc cards while the r4ds dont. You can get 4gb micro sdhc cards off dvd.co.uk for about 25 euro delivered (ebay doesnt even have them that cheap). Dealextreme seem to be out of stock for nearly every sort of card and you'd be luckly to have anything by the end of February if you were lucky.

So i can buy one of these:

http://www.gameyeeeah.com/dstt-ndstt-with-rumble-pack-p-735.html

from gameyeeeah

and then a couple of sdhc cards from dvd.co.uk?

yep, thats what I got for a workmate and they said it works fine. i didnt get the rumble pack version though, just the cheaper one without rumble pack.

I dont know if 8gb micro sdhc work or not (there on ebay for 55 euro delivered). Anyways make sure its micro sdhc you get, not mini sdhc or the normal sdhc card.

Ordered R4 from Gameyeeeah on 13th Jan - received it today.

9 days in total - no complaints here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

Lads

I have only just been made aware of this cartridge thingy for the DS and would definitely be interested in buying one.

A guy in work has a 2GB "R4 Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS) Cartridge.

Are these the best on the market?

If so, then where is the cheapest place to get one of these or perhaps one with a higher storage capacity?

Furthermore, where do I go to download games?

cheers!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement