Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

R4 DS Cartridge for DS Lite ,€24 Delivered

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

I must dig out my fermenting bin :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I ordered mine from dealextreme.com and it was sent from HK on the 16th and it still isn't here...is this normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

FutureGuy wrote:
    I ordered mine from dealextreme.com and it was sent from HK on the 16th and it still isn't here...is this normal?

Do you mean the 16th of this month?.
    If so, yes that is normal.

How did you managed to get one shipped this month when they have been sold out for about four weeks.

They only shipped my four yesterday after ordering and paying a full month ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Ordered mine on gameyeahh and it arrived 2 days later.
    Happy as a pig in shi*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

FutureGuy wrote:

16th of what? If July id send them an email, it might take them a day or so to get back but the always did get back! If august i wouldnt worry about it and i certainly would not go waiting out by the front door for the postman! Youll be doing well to get it before september. Its worth the wait though!

Where is the best place to find out about homebrew stuff on it? Completely ingore this question if its legality is questionable!:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Apologies, I meant 16th August :o

TVDX, I ordered it and paid for it in July, but I got an e-mail stating they were out of stock and they will send it as soon as more arrives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

pissed wrote:
    They are still in stock

http://www.gameyeeeah.com/r4-ds-revolution-r4ds-microsdtf-slot1-solution-adapter-p-190.html

Sale Price: $35.95
    Availability: In Stock postage is $5.95 and takes about two and a half weeks.

Ordered this yesterday, thanks for the link. Got the DHL for a few extra bucks too.

for all of ye getting these without memory cards dabs.ie has a 1gb micro sd for €10.76, cost bloody €5 for delivary... but maybe if your getting something else at the time!!

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=48JT&Quicklinx=48JT

Just checked Gameyeeah btw, says the R4 is out of stock. Seems to be like this in most places. Ordered mine 2 days ago and it says its shipped but who knows, its just says unavailable on the DHL site using the tracking number?

I read on the deal extreme forums that the crowd that makes those chips are under investigation or something and thats why theres a shortage of them, Kyle of dealextreme (sounds like a made up name to make him sound more american if you ask me!) said that they were selling them at a lose for the last few weeks as the price has went up 20-30 %, cant find the link now though sorry!

Edit: Ordered 3 of gameyeeah.com , Is right for my tracking with Dhl to say that the products destination is dublin? Is that just saying where Dhl's main depo is and it will be distributed from there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Was helping someone to order this today - here is a summary of the cheapest deals found for the R4 card and a 2GB MicroSD card (All in stock right now):

2GB MicroSD

www.shop4memory.com €33

www.7dayshop.com €25.60

www.mx2.co.uk €19.59

R4 Card

dealextreme €30.72
    ($41.95) (P&P free) (Price has gone up since we first heard about this site - but still good!)

ConsoleUp €33.83

gameyeeeah €32.55
    ($35.95) (+ P&P $5.50)

Went for dealextreme & mx2, total = €50.31

Hope that helps! Git 'em while they're hot! ;)

Dealextreme arent accepting anmore orders though, there sold out! good find with mx2 though! Gameyeeeah are a litlle strange. I paid them with paypal and after my order status hadn't changed i emailed them and the replied:

After we checked the Paypal record, it shows that you have made the payment. Herewith, we will ship out the items as soon as possibel. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
    Rachel

And soon after my order status changed. So make sure you get on to them after you make payment. I recieved mine yesterday which was a week so i cant complain there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Doodlebug wrote:
    Was helping someone to order this today - here is a summary of the cheapest deals found for the R4 card and a 2GB MicroSD card (All in stock right now):

2GB MicroSD

www.shop4memory.com €33

www.7dayshop.com €25.60

www.mx2.co.uk €19.59

R4 Card

dealextreme €30.72
    ($41.95) (P&P free) (Price has gone up since we first heard about this site - but still good!)

ConsoleUp €33.83

gameyeeeah €32.55
    ($35.95) (+ P&P $5.50)

Hope that helps! Git 'em while they're hot! ;)

Very handy. Thanks!

No problem. :)

Jeez, Dealextreme sold out again pretty fast! I guess "you snooze you lose" with these things! Thanks again to the OP.

Maybe its time to update the thread title though, to reflect the new prices??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

are they bac in stock? i can add it to cart :S

Depends on the site were you looking at Placebo?

Using the links I posted above, Dealextreme comes up as Back-ordered, Gameyeeeah and ConsoleUp are showing In-stock...

Anyone know where I can buy the USB adapter to connect the microcard to the PC? I lost mine :/

If you have microSD to normal size SD card converter that probably came with your card, you could do worse than:

http://www.ledshoppe.com/Product/com/CA2018.htm
    USD$3 (free shipping)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭matchthis

Ok, bit of a weird one. Link below says the have them in stock with the 1gb Kingston card?? Maybe they have pre-made packs http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1459 :confused:

Thanks Doodlebug, €2.19 for a replacement and free shipping! delighted with that. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

matchthis wrote:
    Ok, bit of a weird one. Link below says the have them in stock with the 1gb Kingston card?? Maybe they have pre-made packs http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1459 :confused:

This one also shows up as in stock with the 2gb kingston card.
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2397

Whereas the one with the noname 2gb card thats $10 cheaper is out of stock, a suspicious person would say their milking it a little. I ordered a 2gb pack for my new ds last night in any case. Shipped today, so they def have them in stock.

Got mine from Gameyeeah the other day. Took about 3 days not inc weekend with DHL, very pleased with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

My second one arrived yesterday from gameyeeeah, took about two weeks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭SteM

Doodlebug wrote:
    ConsoleUp €33.83

Anyone buy from this bunch before? I bought an R4/card package from them a few weeks ago. It was shipped the following day but still hasn't shown up. I contacted them for a tracking number twice and they haven't gotten back to me. Getting a bit nervous...

I've assemled a starter pack for R4 cards, read about it here
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53886508#post53886508

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alias123

:D
    Got mine ,it took about 5 days to arrive since it left hong kong

Am well pleased so far, thanks to OP for this.

Fair play witness ,was helpful to get starter pack

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Popped this on the r4ds starter pack thread in the Nintendo forum also, but thought it would be good to put it here just in case...
    ___

Word of warning for those considering ordering from gameyeeah - don't...

I ordered 1 r4ds from dealextreme and 1 from gameyeeah. Dealextreme were excellent - no problems whatsoever.

Firstly, gameyeeah sent me my shipping notification. When the package finally arrived, the postage from the franking machine was 8 days after the shipping notification - in other words, it never shipped when they said it did.

The R4DS from gameyeeah was quite obviously second-hand or possibly a repaired one. It had heavy scratching on the microSD USB adapter, scratching on the cartridge itself (from inserting/removing from NDS), and also label wear at the point where someone would be trying to remove the card, and plastic peeling back.

I contacted gameyeeah, and was told that I have to send it back. Checked out the price of registered post to China for a package - _not_ cheap (registered, as I dont trust them now). As I paid by credit card, and I know that I am entitled to return shipping costs refund, I pointed this out to them. They are refusing to cover the return shipping costs of the r4ds. Nothing left now but to contact the bank and raise an issue with the transaction...

Buyer beware...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭GreyAlien

fmul9798 wrote:

I contacted gameyeeah, and was told that I have to send it back. Checked out the price of registered post to China for a package - _not_ cheap (registered, as I dont trust them now). As I paid by credit card, and I know that I am entitled to return shipping costs refund, I pointed this out to them. They are refusing to cover the return shipping costs of the r4ds. Nothing left now but to contact the bank and raise an issue with the transaction...

Buyer beware...

Had a similar problem myself. Ordered from them via DHL, package arrived crushed, though I only noticed this after signing for the item and opening it. The cards were damaged and the metal usb readers were dented.

I had to take a picture of the damaged items and email it to gameyeeah before they even believed me. After several emails they promised to refund me the cost of the items and the cost of sending it back to them.

Sent it back by registered post. Got my refund in about a week, minus any additional compensation for the cost of sending it back. On top of that the exchange rates at the time screwed me over even more. Not a happy experience and I won't be ordering from them again... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

In fairness I ordered some items from Gameyeaah last week and they turned up on tuesday morning with no problems. I was a little dubious about the microsd cards turning up outside of any packaging apart from the standard hardcase sd cards come with. Still they worked fine.

Overall I was happy enough with the order. It was a bit odd that the dhl delivery number had to be looked up via the forums but I get the impression they aren't a large scale retailer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

howdy lads, just picked up a half-price (vouchers ) DSLite in Tesco and was wondering which to go for, an R4 or M3 Simply??????? and major advantage to either?????

I can recommend the R4 anyway - great piece of kit and very simple to use! Have a look over on the console forum for details on both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

SteM wrote:
    Anyone buy from this bunch before? I bought an R4/card package from them a few weeks ago. It was shipped the following day but still hasn't shown up. I contacted them for a tracking number twice and they haven't gotten back to me. Getting a bit nervous...

Have a look through this thread

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470377&page=30

Apparently they are taking ages to turn up but they are turning up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

As far as I know, the r4 and m3 are pretty much the same thing. Just in different packages.

Just got my 7th r4 recently and they've all worked flawlessly. (They've all been for different people, I don't keep breaking them ;))

well, had a good look around and best deal is still per posting on previous page

2GB MicroSD

www.shop4memory.com €33

www.7dayshop.com €25.60

www.mx2.co.uk €19.59

R4 Card

dealextreme €30.72

ConsoleUp €33.83

gameyeeeah €32.55
    ($35.95) (+ P&P $5.50)

Hope that helps! Git 'em while they're hot!

dealextreme + mx2, for the r4 and microSD - nearly got a minisd by accident -, picked up a 3-1 for browser/gba/rumble usage also from dealextreme, now lets see how long it all takes to arrive.......

ARE you all using the USB micro card readers you got with R4 , there was a problem with them way at the start saying they were burning out the cards ?
    are they working fine now ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I think that they are fine now. Well, I've had no problems....

price of the R4 card has been reduced from $41.95 last week - when I ordered:rolleyes: to $36.95, with the dollar so low at the minute even better...http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1202

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭5500

Is it possible to still save whatever your playing on the ds or does the card just let you preview the game so to speak

lets you save... its exactly like playing the real deal!

MX2 MicroSD cards, ordered 13th, dispatched 14th, arrived 24th, 7 working days from order to receipt, not bad

• Advertisement

@Slave1 did you use the standard free airpost or the EMS option?

free option, well let's be clear it's not free, just included in the price, anyhow I'm not in any mad rush so I choose the free option, I'm expecting 2-3 weeks and will post back upon receipt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Just FYI,

I ordered the R4 from Consoleup last Tuesday and it arrived this morning. Pretty efficent although I may have been lucky !!

Ordered the 1G card from them too and they sent out a 2G instead..:D :D

well, my R4 cart and 3in1 expansion pack arrived today so that's not bad, about two and a half week from order to delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭matchthis

Anyone know how to add on the ems shipping on dealextreme.com? Need it in a hurry for a pressie, but it will not let me alter the shipping :confused:

You can normally just click it in the drop down menu then onto the next page and it'l be added.

Mine arrived friday,it was sent the previous wed via ems so 10 days for delivery,i actually expected it to be abit quicker but happy with what i recieved none the less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Just ordered one from dealextreme ( R4 with 2GB = $82.41 USD or €66 including ems delivery). Can't wait, hate waiting ,but now I can't find the ems tracking number. Am presuming it won't appear until package has shipped. Anyone any wiser?

If you log into your email and enter the recipet number and email address on the dx homepage it'l come up.

Or if your have your browser set to save p/words go to the ems site and Enter EA and the rest might pop up.

Incedently i had ordered another card and just checked via the anpost site and it says "into customs" so looks like im going to be hit on this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

eireal wrote:
    Incedently i had ordered another card and just checked via the anpost site and it says "into customs" so looks like im going to be hit on this one

mine was "into customs" in portlaoise mail centre for about a week but recieved no customs charges. the package was slightly opened to see what was in it but got away with it. i had three r4ds kits with 2gb transflash cards. might not use ems next time as that will probably go through customs in portlaoise again, but then again registered mail is probably the same.

lads what is up with this, dealextreme, normal shipping

Order: placed on 9/23/2007 8:03:34 PM
    Shipped - via Hong Kong Post (step 4/4).
    see all processing steps

Shipment:
    5 to 14 days as quoted by the post office by Tracked Air Mail

theres a link there with my reference and i click it and it takes me to hongkong post
    Destination - Ireland
    The item will leave Hong Kong for its destination on 10-Oct-2007

i ordered it 16 days ago why is it only leaving hongkong tom #!!!!!?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement