Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

R4 DS Cartridge for DS Lite ,€24 Delivered

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

gar wrote: »
    Ordered an R4 with 2Gig card from gameyeeeah.com on Friday 30th Nov. No dispatch information yet...

Gar :/
    I ordered from them on Sunday and got a dispatch email on monday. I used DHL option. Hopefully will have them tomorrow or friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

A word of warning if anyone is ordering the memory cards from MX2.co.uk,
    order placed a week ago and it's still showing as 'promised'.
    This means it hasn't even left their warehouse! Look elsewhere is my advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

That's my experience of MX2 as well: slow as **** and bad communications. Maybe play.com is a better option...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Ordered a M3 off supercards yesterday, as the R4 were sold out. Choose EMS, has been shipped and all... just hopefully nothing goes wrong so i can have it before xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

I'm amazed. I and a few other posters have posted comments on how we ordered the R4 from Supercardsnds and received the order in only a couple of days yet loads of you still insist on using other vendors and complain that they are takin an age to arrive. I mean i'm all for free choice and everything but surely you would go with the people who are having the least hassle as being a good option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Use dvd.co.uk, i would rate their service as excellent. Very fast dispatch and shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

FWIW, never had a problem with anything I've ordered from them and they have usually been the cheapest (with free shipping) for 2GB MicroSD cards.

My last order for this type of memory card:

Ordered 27th Nov, Shipped 3rd, arrived today. Not too bad, but caveat emptor 'n all that! Maybe they're suffering from the www.boards.ie flock of bargain-hunters effect!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Cheers Doodlebug, they replied to my mail this morn and advised the item was out of stock when I placed my order on 29/11 but they hoped to get it
    shipped shortly. Historically I ordered memory cards from 7dayshop, but
    we all know what they did with their shipping charges! Glad to hear mx2
    are normally fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Orange69 wrote: »
    Use dvd.co.uk, i would rate their service as excellent. Very fast dispatch and shipping.

how much is their standard shipping?

• Advertisement

Scruff wrote: »
    how much is their standard shipping?

2.98 GBP as far as i recall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gar

Ordered an R4 with 2Gig card from gameyeeeah.com on Friday 30th Nov. No dispatch information yet...

Email I got today:

Sorry this inconvenience caused you.

Please be noted we had run out of our r4,and we are restocking it now.We will try our best to ship out your item as soon as we get it back this week.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Email I got today:

Please be noted we had run out of our r4,and we are restocking it now.We will try our best to ship out your item as soon as we get it back this week.

:(

Facks sake!

My order with Volumerate didn't seem to be moving and I worried that it wouldn't be here in time for Xmas. I emailed Gameyeeeah to verify they had stock before I ordered, they said they had. I ordered with DHL delivery and got a mail saying I would have it in 3 - 5 business days. Today I got a mail with my order status, all it says is payment received.

I'm beginning to think I'll have a disappointed niece on Xmas day and two R4s sometime in January.

milltown wrote: »
    Facks sake!

My order with Volumerate didn't seem to be moving and I worried that it wouldn't be here in time for Xmas. I emailed Gameyeeeah to verify they had stock before I ordered, they said they had. I ordered with DHL delivery and got a mail saying I would have it in 3 - 5 business days. Today I got a mail with my order status, all it says is payment received.

I'm beginning to think I'll have a disappointed niece on Xmas day and two R4s sometime in January.

I was back on to Gameyeeeah and they now have stock in again. I ordered on Sunday gone with DHL shipping also.

Here's a reply to an email I sent them,
    Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxx,

We are very sorry we do not update our r4 status when r4 is out of stock in time. But we had restock it today,and your r4 will be shipped out soon.

Best regard,
    Vincent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Postie tried to deliver my R4 today but I was asleep. Gotta wait until monday now to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Ordered a week ago and got in touch with volumerate yesterday as the status has been Collecting Products Now (via EMS Express) for 7 days
    now. Asked them Are the products in stock as I need them for Christmas?

Alas I got this garbled email today

"And the R4 is in limited quantity supply and we received them from time to

time, so we will have to arrange the shipping accordingly, so we will not sure

whether you can receive that Xmas or not. If you can not wait, then please

inform us, so we can cancel and full refund you the order. And the processing

time for the refund is around a week.

Sincerely,

Susan"

Am going to keep my fingers crossed... Will give my R4 away for Xmas if it doesn't come in time.

• Advertisement

Grawns wrote: »
    Sincerely,

Susan"

haha!

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I was back on to Gameyeeeah and they now have stock in again. I ordered on Sunday gone with DHL shipping also.

Here's a reply to an email I sent them,

Ok my R4 is with DHL in Hong Kong...
    Might have it Monday

Gar :)

Grawns wrote: »
    "And the R4 is in limited quantity supply and we received them from time to

time, so we will have to arrange the shipping accordingly, so we will not sure

whether you can receive that Xmas or not. If you can not wait, then please

inform us, so we can cancel and full refund you the order. And the processing

time for the refund is around a week.

Sincerely,

Susan"

Glad that's been cleared up :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

This looks the whole job lads, some great tips and advice. I ordered from Gameyeeeah today. I used DHL option. Hopefully will have it soon, tks all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

ok, Ive ordered from MX2 :CARD
    Voluerate :R4
    Is there any where else that should hve them in time for Dec 24.
    cathy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

6 days now and there's still no sign of mine (8 of the blody things) being shipped from volumerate. gonna be looking for a refund and an alternative stockist at this rate in the next 24 hours. who's the best people to get them off now? gameyeeah?

8 of them aye, will you get caught for tax on that amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 gilga

vibe666,

You can expect to wait a while with all these sites especially at Christmas. Ordered a R4 from volumerate on the 26/11 and it has been shipped, should get it this week. Also ordered a 2GB microSD from Mx2, it should be here monday/tuesday (they had been out of stock).

Patience is a bitch but at least good things come to those who wait.

I'm off to eat a karma pie and get drunk now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

gilga wrote: »
    You can expect to wait a while with all these sites especially at Christmas.
    i expect to wait the time advertised on their website or they will be losing out on over $400 of business, end of story.

I have no problem with them giving lead times, whether it be 2-3 days or 2-3 weeks, but I expect it to be what they say it is going to be.

what I don't expect is for a company to flat out lie about delivery times to reel people in and take their money with no intention of honoring them.

they know nobody is going to order off them if they were to be honest about such long waiting times, so they bullsh*t everyone into paying up and then force them to wait.

they have till tomorrow or I cancel my order and go elsewhere, end of story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Addict Supplies have M3 cartridges for DS lite in. Fairly speedy at delivery.

My 29/11 order with volumerate is still showing as "in assembly", as it has for the past week. On the upside, my DHL order from gameyeeeah has shipped since being placed three days ago.

Bottom line: if ya need it for Xmas, don't bother with volumerate. If ya need it cheap, don't bother with anyone but volumerate. R4 and a 1GB card is €50 delivered in time for christmas or $50 delivered whenever.

Off topic, but has anyone else noticed that in spite of all the claims that "we aren't allowed sell R4s anymore so we pass any enquiries onto volumerate, who are a completely seperate entity and nothing to do with us", when you first get onto volumerate.com the address bar has the DX icon in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

so i want to get this whole package for my gf for christmas, sd card, usb stick, card and whatever else is needed to play "backups" on the ds what am I looking at paying and who should I be buying off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Got word from MX2 my card is in the post.YIPPPPEEE.Now all I need is the R4.Cathy

My R4's according to the tracking number that gameyeeeah gave me, lshould be with me tomorrow

Mine arrived today from gameyeeeah. Happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

j0e wrote: »
    so i want to get this whole package for my gf for christmas, sd card, usb stick, card and whatever else is needed to play "backups" on the ds what am I looking at paying and who should I be buying off

I ordered off www.supercardnds.com on Sunday, it was shipped today. Total including 3-6 day shipping was $65. (€45.52)

Also ordered a micro SD card off Dabs.ie (€20) which was shipped yesterday, so should have both for Xmas I think:D.

What does one do next?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Chris1

I Ordered 4 on the 27th November from Dealextreme EMS Delivery,they arrived today.Took long enough but in all fairness they were with postal services over there on the 30th to be sent to Ireland.

Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alias123

Is anyone planning to get more cards in future? I may be able to pick some up when travelling to Asia. I will be back in Ireland after christmas. If anyone is interested PM for more info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭gerrykiddy

Ordered 11 Nov, despatched 21st Nov and arrived today from Volumrate by EMS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Ugh, thats discouraging. I ordered 24th Nov and am hoping to get them by Christmas :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Ordered one from gameyeah at the weekend, got an an email on Monday saying it was in preparation for shipping and site has being down most of the time since. Cant even log into their site when its working, says my email address doesnt exist! Stay away from them! Gonna contact my credit card company tomorrow if theres no change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They had a server crash (site is working fine now)
    Due to the server malfunction,we lose some of the data.We are now trying our best to resume it.The data before OCT.17TH has been resumed and we are keeping doing the job.If you have difficulty in log in or finding your order record,please don't worry about it,we are exerting ourselves to resume the data.You still can place order through our website and we will process it.We are sorry that you couldn't use the coupon discount temporarily.Sorry about all the inconvenience.

Arrived yesterday the 11th, Not too bad even though I used DHL

Gar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Picked mine up from the post office yesterday. This thing is great! A serious must-have for anyone with a DS.

• Advertisement

Arrived yesterday the 11th, Not too bad even though I used DHL

Gar
    The delay was due to them running out of stock. I ordered my on Sunday 2nd Dec and I also got mine yesterday, however if you look at the tracking info, it was only picked up in Hong Kong on Saturday the 8th and I had it by the 11th, now thats some service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

best service plz
    thanks
    johnnyboy4711
    looking to order a few but NOT in hurry as away for holidays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Mr E wrote: »
    They had a server crash (site is working fine now)

The site is not working fine . I ordered two r4 cards on monday last and there is no record of my account on the site since the crash. Luckily i have the email confirmation I recieved at the time of placing my order. I have emailed them to advise them of my situation. Anyone else in the same boat may want to do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭matchthis

The Muppet wrote: »
    The site is not working fine . I ordered two r4 cards on monday last and there is no record of my account on the site since the crash. Luckily i have the email confirmation I recieved at the time of placing my order. I have emailed them to advise them of my situation. Anyone else in the same boat may want to do the same.

Dont' have records when i log in either, but if you look at the description of the card(bout half way don the page) it has a link where you type in your order number and Sir name to get status. Ordered mine 26th of Nov and arrived in ireland today. Not as smooth running as with dealextreme though

http://www.volumerate.com/details.vr/sku.1202

The Muppet wrote: »
    The site is fine, but some orders are missing. I ordered one on Sunday, and the order is also gone. They are working on restoring the lost orders. Have a little faith....

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭konline

Ordered mine from Volumerate on 29/11, still showing status as 'Collecting Products Now'. I lost hope that I will get it before Christmas.

• Advertisement

edit: item sent so at least their trying to fix things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Mr E wrote: »
    The site is fine, but some orders are missing. I ordered one on Sunday, and the order is also gone. They are working on restoring the lost orders. Have a little faith....

This is my first purchase from Gameyeaah (monday last), My newly created account is gone. There may not have been a backup between me placing my order and the system crash.

Faith is one thing blind optimism is another, Why have they only restored to mid october? do they not have more recent backups? I have a bad feeling about this one, I hope I'm wrong .

Yeah, I'm sitting in their office in Hong Kong right now. :rolleyes:

I've used gameyeeeah twice before, no problems. Believe me - I'm not happy about the crash either - if something doesn't happen to restore my faith in the next 24 hours, I'll be cancelling my order too.

edit: item sent so at least their trying to fix things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭matchthis

#400 - fair play to the OP:eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement