Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

R4 DS Cartridge for DS Lite ,€24 Delivered

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

400 posts ,not bad at all.
    I might be in line for an award ?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

edit: item sent so at least their trying to fix things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got an email from them this morning.

On the plus side, they have recovered my order (even though its not showing in the control panel yet). On the negative side, they said that DHL regarded my address (Limerick) as a remote location, and wanted an extra $20!!

I paid (its about €13) because I want this before Christmas, but I won't be going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

No reply from Gameyeah overnight and no reply from them on their forums (is that a suprise?)

Their gone adios

If you check their forums, they have posted details regarding all orders before 11th Dec when their server crashed...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 gilga

R4 arrived today , ordered 26th Nov.

Nice wait, but glad it's finally here.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭cunstunt

According to the Gameyeeeah website, all orders made by noon 11/12/07 (US time) have been shipped. I ordered my R4DS early on 10/12/07 and its one of the last numbers shipped.
    Here's a link to the list of shipping numbers for each order outstanding http://www.gameyeeeah.com/express.htm

Mine shipped today and is currently in the dhl facility in Hong Kong so hopefully will be here next week. Hope this helps others.

This has been a great thread to read - just a shame volumerate turned out to be a bit hopeless - I've one ordered there as well that went from "waiting for collection" back to "in assembly" over the space of a week. Didn't bother cancelling the order just in case they get their act together! :-))

A bit off-topic but if anyone is still looking for ds lite for Christmas, I can't recommend www.videogamesplus.ca highly enough. I bought a Crimson and black one yesterday with DHL shipping for about €125. They're due more stock tomorrow and DHL deliver in about 3 days from Canada. AThe crimson and black ds lites are muy cool!
    slan,
    cunstunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

looks like volumerate have finally decided to stop lying to people about their "3 day" lead time before shipping.

looks what's up on their website now.
    The Reason You Cannot Buy R4 Now and Solution

We are now decide to hold all R4 sales all together due to the all in a sudden supply shortage.

This shortage came quite suddenly because we receives 1 to 2 shipments from the R4 team each week and it was only after 2 missed shipments that we were officially told it's in shortage (after inquiries).

We have to hold from taking new orders so that existing orders can be fulfilled in the quickest manner. The R4 team is making steady supplies but the quantity still fluctuates, therefore we cannot give a definitive date as to shipment. If you need it by Christmas or not, if you may either choose to wait, or to request for a full refund by sending us an email at http://www.volumerate.com/accounts/cancelorder.vr . Please allow us 3 business days for the refund due to the large amount of requests for the cancellation.

To track your current order status for R4, please go to http://www.liveshipment.com/customers/ with your order number. (The order number which is started with letter "Q")
    i wonder how long it will be before they fulfill their backorders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gameyeeeah

No reply from Gameyeah overnight and no reply from them on their forums (is that a suprise?)

Their gone adios

We are sorry about that.But we are now try to recover all the data with the server company.And order if your order is not between the noon of Dec 11 and afternoon of Dec 13,you can now get your tracking at our site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gameyeeeah

he's on about gameyeah

Mr.E do you work for gameyeah?

How could anyone have faith in a company that loses all their database information for the last 2 months which is every order they have at the moment, dont reply to posts on their forum and seem to have unsecure web pages?

They also say they have stock when they dont

We do have large quantity in stock and all the post in our forum are replied.And all the missing order is making up through email.Site is going back to order and the item order today will ship out the same day.Anyway,thank you for your advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

gameyeeeah wrote: »
    We do have large quantity in stock and all the post in our forum are replied.And all the missing order is making up through email.Site is going back to order and the item order today will ship out the same day.Anyway,thank you for your advice.

I posted on their forum and recieved a reply. Unfortunately my order (order number 16015) is one of those that was lost in the crash. They have asked me to email the details of my order confirmation to them which I have done.

To be fair Gameyeahh do appear to be trying to sort out their Problems. I am more optimistic now than I was earlier this week.

• Advertisement

Yep they do seem to be trying to do their best to fix the problems so I've deleted any bad mouthing posts made by myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Grawns wrote: »
    Ordered a week ago and got in touch with volumerate yesterday as the status has been Collecting Products Now (via EMS Express) for 7 days
    now. Asked them Are the products in stock as I need them for Christmas?
    I have this on mine order still from volumerate:
    11/30/2007 12:28:24 AM Collecting Products Now
    That date is almost 2 weeks. I sent them an email yesterday but no reply yet.
    I paid $20 for EMS shipping...

Don't know what to do now...

[edit] Update:
    Although the site still says Collecting Products now, the link http://www.liveshipment.com/customers (enter in my order number and last name) says that it has been shipped and I can now track it on EMS.
    Perhaps sending the email yesterday made the difference

[/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

Gameyeeeah tracking no's for orders from 14664 to 15761 are now up on their site. Ordered my R4ds on 8th shipped on 13th sitting and waiting.

Mr E wrote: »

On the plus side, they have recovered my order (even though its not showing in the control panel yet). On the negative side, they said that DHL regarded my address (Limerick) as a remote location, and wanted an extra $20!!

I paid (its about €13) because I want this before Christmas, but I won't be going back.

Castleconnell is remote ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭matchthis

ordered of volumerate the 26th of Nov. Upgraded shipping and arrived yesterday. Anyone looking for Xmas should look elsewhere. No chance with these guys now

Castleconnell is remote ;)
    Cheeky f**ker... its being delivered to my work address in Castletroy. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I ordered last sunday from supercardnds, and it arrived this morning. :D Pity dabs.ie delivery service wasn't as fast and I'd have my mirco sd card.

Thanks for advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Volumerate update: ( They be crazy folk)

On Volumerate it still says collecting package by ems as it has for 2 weeks and gives me an invoice number Q....

On the Live Shipment link with my invoice number Q.... it says SHIPPED And gives me an EMS tracking number.

However my tracking number is not recognised on the EMS site :confused:
    If I get these by the 23rd ( Am xmasing in the uk) I will be stunned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭gerrykiddy

This may sound obvious so dont get annoyed as I am only trying to help.
    My package from them had a tracking number that appeared on the An Post site 12 hours before the delivery.
    A tracking number is always made up as follows 2 letters /some numbers/2 letters. Altogether there are no more than 13 letters/numbers.
    If you are getting no response from the Honk Kong Postal then your parcel is unlikely to have been sent.

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Lawdie wrote: »
    Addict Supplies have M3 cartridges for DS lite in. Fairly speedy at delivery.

M3 card and 4gb SD card arrived yesterday. As I said great customer service, any emailed questions usually back less than a day and thats pretty quick delivery. Thats my fifth order from Addict Supplies and no disappointments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Petey2006

I ordered an R4 on the 10th. About 11am here in Dublin. I've gotten no shipping number, one reply from gameyeeeah asking me for my order number, shipping and payment details and what have you. I replied to this email, TWICE, checked my PayPal account and the money's been taken and i've heard squat since. I'm beginning to get a little irked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Disregarding taxes, memory card & availabilty, ie R4 & shipping to ireland only, here are the prices for 1 unit shipped to Ireland in the cheapest possible way.

gameyeeeah € 28.85 + €13.00 if DHL delivered
    supercardnds € 32.27
    modchipstore € 39.42
    echostore € 39.66
    consoleup € 44.52
    modchipfitters € 46.37
    consolerepairsdublin € 65.00

You can get the chinese version for €25.11

Make up your own mind on who to trust etc.

Memory, 1gb MicroSD with adapter:
    dvd.co.uk €11.52
    Dabs € 16.83
    memoryc € 17.04
    microaid € 22.99
    Komplett € 24.00
    hitechvendors € 28.56
    Pixmania € 30.57
    memorysuppliers € 30.66

Cheapest option (due to delivery charge) is still €41.45 for combined unit from gameyeeeah.(+ €13.00 if DHL delivered)

Note that for all currency conversions XE.com was used, it may differ when you actually do this.

ETA €11.52 .dvd.co.uk for 1gb microsd

OK, Gameyeeeah are losing me as a customer. After getting their request for extra money for DHL last Thursday, I paid it immediately because I wanted it for Christmas. Now I got the exact same email from them this morning (DHL looking for an extra $20). Muppets. I won't get this before Christmas now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

OK, Gameyeeeah are losing me as a customer. After getting their request for extra money for DHL last Thursday, I paid it immediately because I wanted it for Christmas. Now I got the exact same email from them this morning (DHL looking for an extra $20). Muppets. I won't get this before Christmas now.

<snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

<snip>

• Advertisement

pauleoin wrote: »
    <snip>
    Thanks for the offer Paul (and the attempted gazumping, Cathy... cheeky cow...:)), but it was an M3 Real I ordered.

Its no biggie, I'll just give my own R4 as part of the present (the DS is the main gift), and I'll go without for Christmas....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

ch750536 wrote: »
    Disregarding taxes, memory card & availabilty, ie R4 & shipping to ireland only, here are the prices for 1 unit shipped to Ireland in the cheapest possible way.

gameyeeeah € 28.85 + €13.00 if DHL delivered
    supercardnds € 32.27
    modchipstore € 39.42
    echostore € 39.66
    consoleup € 44.52
    modchipfitters € 46.37
    consolerepairsdublin € 65.00

You can get the chinese version for €25.11

Make up your own mind on who to trust etc.

Memory, 1gb MicroSD with adapter:
    Dabs € 16.83
    memoryc € 17.04
    microaid € 22.99
    Komplett € 24.00
    hitechvendors € 28.56
    Pixmania € 30.57
    memorysuppliers € 30.66

Cheapest option (due to delivery charge) is still €41.45 for combined unit from gameyeeeah.(+ €13.00 if DHL delivered)

Note that for all currency conversions XE.com was used, it may differ when you actually do this.

Great post, fair play, saves alot of trolling!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I have used Gameyeeeah and found them great. I have since ordered 3 more r4 cartridges and 3 1gb cards for a total price of €115 including DHL shipping. Thats a good price. I ordered those 3 on friday and they were shipped today.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I have used Gameyeeeah and found them great. I have since ordered 3 more r4 cartridges and 3 1gb cards for a total price of €115 including DHL shipping. Thats a good price. I ordered those 3 on friday and they were shipped today.

with respect aquos the true test of a company is their customer service when there is a problem and unfortuantely from my experience gameyeeah is severly lacking in this department.

I ordered two cards on the 11th of december with express shipping and as far as I know they have not shipped yet. I say as far as I know because despite posting on their own forum and sending them emails with all the information they requested I have had no communication from them for 3 days now.

I understand they had a server crash but that was a full week ago now.They should have had everything sorted out by now.

IMO if anyone is ordering from Gameyeeeah they better hope all goes well because if there is a problem they will be in for some headaches. In these days of choice on the internet there are other options you can use to avoid the hassle of potentially having to deal with a company with zero customer service. I will never use their service again.

Buyer Beware

/Rant over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Note: No adverts here please, if you wish to sell your item then do so on adverts.ie. I understand ye might be helping each other out but still, thems are the rules. I've removed said posts. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Muppet, I guess my first order went so smoothly, I have not had the need to deal with them on that one.

However, I did order 3 more on Friday and I paid them through paypal, but yet when i logged into my account with them, there was no record of my order. I send them an email late on friday and I replied to them on Saturday morning. There was a mail in my inbox from them this morning saying my order was now put through and would be sent out later today.

So far, my experiences have been fine but from reading on here and also on their own forums, there are quite a few who have had problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

eh no I didnt try and gisup or what ever you call it.I did say if you wheren't going to buy it I would.Come on, its Christmas I have an 11 year old looking forward to games etc from the big man.
    Its not like I elbowed you out of the way in a Q at TESCO.
    No, I said if you dint want it.I have, or should have a card.If I dont get an R4 and do get the card you can bet I will post it hear and offer it to a person that needs it.To see I am for real look at the post I put up hours ago for a WII.
    Honeslty,
    heres to Dec 25 ,12..am when its all over.
    PS Does anyone know anyone looking for a Left kidney in exchange for a ROBOT BOY doll.???
    cathy

Relax Cathy..... The smiley at the end of my post should tell you I wasn't offended. :)

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Muppet, I guess my first order went so smoothly, I have not had the need to deal with them on that one.

However, I did order 3 more on Friday and I paid them through paypal, but yet when i logged into my account with them, there was no record of my order. I send them an email late on friday and I replied to them on Saturday morning. There was a mail in my inbox from them this morning saying my order was now put through and would be sent out later today.

So far, my experiences have been fine but from reading on here and also on their own forums, there are quite a few who have had problems.

Aquos76, let us know how the new order works out for you. Did you get a tracking number yet? I ask because some users on their website claim gameyeeah have cancelled orders placed after the 11th and issued refunds. It's just one big mess at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

gameyeeeah are trying to scam me out of another 20dollars too. I have ordered off them before and it has been fine but im demanding a refund now.

Hmmm dont think I'll be picking DHL again

December 13, 2007 16:11 Hong Kong - Hong Kong Shipment picked up

December 13, 2007 20:49 Hong Kong - Hong Kong Departed from DHL facility in Hong Kong - Hong Kong

December 13, 2007 21:26 Hong Kong - Hub - Hong Kong Arrived at DHL facility in Hong Kong - Hub - Hong Kong

December 14, 2007 04:01 Hong Kong - Hub - Hong Kong Departed from DHL facility in Hong Kong - Hub - Hong Kong

December 14, 2007 16:20 Leipzig - Germany Arrived at DHL facility in Leipzig - Germany

December 15, 2007 02:26 Leipzig - Germany Transferred through Leipzig - Germany

December 15, 2007 02:27 Leipzig - Germany Departed from DHL facility in Leipzig - Germany

December 15, 2007 02:38 East Midlands - UK Arrived at DHL facility in East Midlands - UK

December 18, 2007 00:44 Leipzig - Germany Transferred through Leipzig - Germany

December 18, 2007 00:44 Leipzig - Germany Departed from DHL facility in Leipzig - Germany

December 18, 2007 01:45 East Midlands - UK Arrived at DHL facility in East Midlands - UK

December 18, 2007 06:48 East Midlands - UK Shipment on hold

I know something was up when Dublin wasnt mentioned on Monday even though it was in the Uk on Saturday

Hi Kaisersose,
    Did you get any reason for the delay from DHL?
    My gameyeeeah order has the exact same tracking details as yours.
    I'm going to try and ring them now but it took a couple of hours to get someone yesterday who told me he couldn't do anything until today (the website didn't even show that it had gone back thru Germany at that stage).
    In fairness to DHL, I got a crimson ds lite from VG+ in Canada that was shipped on 14th and arrived at the door yesterday morning (17th) so hopefully its just a (Christmas) gremlin!

slan for now,
    cunstunt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

DVD.co.uk have Sandisk 2GB cards for c.€18.50 and 1GB cards for c.€12.60, Kingston are available for a couple of euro extra. Prices include delivery of £2.99 for the first item and £1.99 for each subsequent item.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

Hi folks

Hoping someone can give me a bit of reassurance - I ordered a second R4 kit from dealextreme via EMS on 28/11 which I can track as far as Beijing on the EMS website. Last update on that site says it left Beijing's sorting centre on 09/12.

What happens now? No sign of the tracking number listed on the An Post website, does this mean that my parcel is in a depot somewhere or in transit or what?

How long does EMS shipping usually take?

For info, I ordered the first kit on 21/11 and was sent by standard air mail and was received on 12/12.

Am hoping to get it for Christmas (it's a present) - any advice folks?

Thanks,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Lpfsox wrote: »
    Hi folks

Hoping someone can give me a bit of reassurance - I ordered a second R4 kit from dealextreme via EMS on 28/11 which I can track as far as Beijing on the EMS website. Last update on that site says it left Beijing's sorting centre on 09/12.

What happens now? No sign of the tracking number listed on the An Post website, does this mean that my parcel is in a depot somewhere or in transit or what?

For info, I ordered the first kit on 21/11 and was sent by standard air mail and was received on 12/12.

Thanks,

Lucky you. I ordered one the same day (28/11) and its still in assembly (for the 5th time). It should come this week, otherwise, theres not much you can do now anyway but wait. Most other sites wont have it here in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

thanks for the reply - just getting anxious now because it's so close to Christmas. Hopefully it'll turn up this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

how long did it take gameyeeeah to go from the below to actual shipping for people?

Dear Customer:
    Thanks for the payment, your orders will be shipped! We will send you the tracking number the day after the shipment done. Please log onto the DHL official website www.DHL.com to track it. Usually it can be tracked 12-24 hours after shipment.

Please don't forget to leave Feebback to us if you glad with our products and services.

Best regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Chris1

Lpfsox wrote: »
    Hi folks

Thanks,
    I ordered on the 27th November from Dealextreme,the order was sent ont the 29th EMS and it arrived on the 11th Dec,my friend ordered on the 29th November Ems and it arrived today.

Chris

brightkane wrote: »
    how long did it take gameyeeeah to go from the below to actual shipping for people?

Dear Customer:
    Thanks for the payment, your orders will be shipped! We will send you the tracking number the day after the shipment done. Please log onto the DHL official website www.DHL.com to track it. Usually it can be tracked 12-24 hours after shipment.

Please don't forget to leave Feebback to us if you glad with our products and services.

Best regards.

I got that mail over a week ago , it still hasn't shipped AFAIK. Check out the forum on their website for a litany of similar tales.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭konline

Chris1 wrote: »
    I ordered on the 27th November from Dealextreme,the order was sent ont the 29th EMS and it arrived on the 11th Dec,my friend ordered on the 29th November Ems and it arrived today.

Chris

You are lucky. I ordered my R4DS from Volumerate, which is DealExteme's sister company, on 29/11 by a standard airmail. My order status still shows 'In Assembly'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

Mine took about 4 weeks from Volume rate, I emailed them about waiting time and they got back to me straight away, have no problem recommending them, stuff works great :)
    konline wrote: »
    You are lucky. I ordered my R4DS from Volumerate, which is DealExteme's sister company, on 29/11 by a standard airmail. My order status still shows 'In Assembly'.

I just sent my last email to those donkeys in gameyeeeah with all my order details.
    If I don't have a shipment notice when I wake up, I'm cancelling.
    (Wish me luck cancelling an order that doesn't exist in their system)

Me too. I think the best way to recoup the payment may be through paypal or direclt from the credit crd sompany. I don't fancy having to deal with gameyeeeah any more.

On the subject of volumerate I also ordered from them (gameyeaah was my backup plan) and their communications is very good. My order shipped from there last week it is showing the same infomation as the one posted above. I'm hopeful that I will have it by christmas.

I ordered from Gameyeeeah on the 10th and its finally going to be delivered by DHL today.
    I've no problems with gameyeeeah - I was probably lucky that I placed my order just before their "crash" and they answered my e-mails quickly enough (<1 day) but DHL had the package in East Midlands on saturday and sent it back to Germany for some reason. Finally arrived in Dublin this morning.
    I'm presuming Kaisersose's R4DS was on the same shipment as mine, but you never know with DHL.

Just relieved to be getting it and have a play!
    It's been a hairy time trying to get these for Christmas but I gotta say thanks to the OP as I'd never have heard about the r4ds and what it can do without Boards.ie!

slan for now,
    cunstunt

• Advertisement

Ugh... the last 2 emails I sent to gamenooooooo were ignored completely.
    Time to get my money back, wish me luck.

Muppet: I don't know if the CC company can help as the money went through an intermediary (paypal). I'l need to do a bit of research.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement