Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MRI scan for Children

Options
  • 05-04-2007 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Guys, I have to get an MRI scan done for my 8yo girl.
    I can't see her lying perfectly still for the 35-45 mins and I'm wondering what hospitals provide sedation and if anyone has previous experiences.

I was hoping to get one of the VHI approved hospitals but with the nurses on a work to rule, the hospitals are taking my questions and will get back to me...however this could be some time. Meanwhile the consultant wants to know today what hospital we want to be referred to after our initial hospital did not provide sedation services.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

my son was 3 when he got an MRI scan done and he was sedated in beaumont

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Crumlin childrens do it (under sedation)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Why don't you phone the x-ray departments of the hospitals concerned? MRI is carried out by radiographers - I can't understand why the nurses' strike is being used as an excuse for not answering your questions, when nurses don't perform these examinations. Just ask to speak to a radiographer next time.

Advertisement