Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ways to ring a mobile phone??

Options
  • 05-04-2007 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭

I have no landline so just use my mobile. Having a good gossip will eat into most of my phone credit (ready to go). Can anyone suggest a phone card or something that is cheap to ring mobiles (Irish)??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I don't know if there is such a thing.

Why not go bill pay and get a couple of hundred minutes free per month? If your on phone alot and spending alot of credit then bill pay will probably work out cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

have you access to internte then you could use skype for 16c a min to irish mobiles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Without a landline, you're fooked. Most phone cards you pick up will charge you extra for calling from a mobile and I'm guessing that you don't have broadband. If you do (clearwire or sth), you can connect from your mobile to a landline for only 8c/min without using your broadband connection.
    It's at voipcheap.com (saved me a fortune over the summer!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭niallb

If you want cheap calls, forget about Ready to Go.
    If that's not an option, you'll have to pay the price.
    Otherwise it depends on which operator you want to ring.
    None of them will do you a deal which is cheap to ring everybody.

If the people you ring most are on Meteor, go meteor billpay,
    and then those calls are free.
    If you call somebody a lot and they're not on meteor,
    consider giving them an old phone with a meteor SIM in it,
    and ring that :-)

If they're on O2, ring from an O2 phone, and
    if they're on Vodafone, use a vodafone phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭shaneh

I know you wanted to avoid using your mobile but if that's your only choice, then check this site by comreg

http://www.callcosts.ie/home/default.asp

Based on your phone usage it will show you the cost of each possible price plan. Perhaps changing plan or operator may save you some money

• Advertisement
Advertisement