Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend (6-7 April '07)

• 05-04-2007 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

No Wimbledon, no BSkyB... ;)

Premier Division
    06 April 2007
    Bohemians 7:45 Sligo Rovers Dalymount Park :cool:
    Galway United 7:45 St Patrick's Athletic Terryland Park
    UCD 7:45 Waterford United Belfield Park
    Bray Wanderers 5:00 Shamrock Rovers Carlisle Grounds
    07 April 2007
    Longford Town 7:30 Drogheda United Flancare Park
    09 April 2007
    Derry City 8:00 Cork City The Brandywell (date changed)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Derry Vs Cork City is actually moved to Monday night for TV coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Thanks. I've changed it. Will check kick-off time.
    edit: KO at 8pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Premier Division
    06 April 2007
    Bohemians 7:45 Sligo Rovers Dalymount Park Cant see Bohs jammying it vs Sligo gonna have to play well, hopefully they dont.

Galway United 7:45 St Patrick's Athletic Terryland Park not sure when we last beat them down there, 2 wingbacks out assume we play 433, gonna be horrrible going down on bus :(

UCD 7:45 Waterford United Belfield Park away

Bray Wanderers 5:00 Shamrock Rovers Carlisle Grounds home

07 April 2007
    Longford Town 7:30 Drogheda United Flancare Park away

09 April 2007
    Derry City 8:00 Cork City The Brandywell away

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Premier Division
    06 April 2007
    Bohemians 7:45 Sligo Rovers - Draw
    Galway United 7:45 St Patrick's Athletic - Away
    UCD 7:45 Waterford United - Away
    Bray Wanderers 5:00 Shamrock Rovers Home

07 April 2007
    Longford Town 7:30 Drogheda United - Away

09 April 2007
    Derry City 8:00 Cork City - Away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Premier Division
    06 April 2007
    Bohemians 7:45 Sligo Rovers Quietly confident about this one !
    Galway United 7:45 St Patrick's Athletic can see Pats taking this but itll be tough for them
    UCD 7:45 Waterford United UCD to win
    Bray Wanderers 5:00 Shamrock Rovers Bray to scrape through
    Longford Town 7:30 Drogheda United Drogs win
    Derry City 8:00 Cork City ,draw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Longford vs Drogs is tomorrow night at 7:45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

SectionF wrote:
    No Wimbledon, no BSkyB... ;)

And no pubs. ;) Friday anyway. Which is when we we hope to get our first win of the season over Athlone in Tolka (8pm ko). Don't know enough of Athlone to make a prediction-sure still getting to know the new-look Reds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

:(

We won't get three points tonight I'm afraid.

Zebra3 wrote:
    the new-look Reds.
    How's Niall O'Reilly doing? Is he getting a game? It says 0 appearances on the Shels site.

SectionF wrote:
    How's Niall O'Reilly doing? Is he getting a game? It says 0 appearances on the Shels site.
    He's played in every game.

Very decent looking player, good coming forward, but needs to get to grips with the other lads in the defence. He's been playing RB, and like all the other lads, has been playing out of his shirt for us.

Pity he's on loan tbh, he'll be a great player for you in a couple of years.

At the moment I think a Right midfield berth might suit him better, but in fairness, the whole defence has yet to gel.

One of my favourites of the new-look reds.

• Advertisement

Must say I always had a high opinion of him.
    A bit light -- looks 10 years old (probably more like 11 now) -- but played with confidence and intelligence.
    He made short work of Glen Crowe in one Tolka encounter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Is it just me or do Bohs looked nailed on to win tonight. Sligo missing 4/5 players and Bohs always strong at home.

See there is Evs's available at the bookies.

Could be a Great Friday.:o

Could be a Great Friday.:o
    Taxi for applehunter.

Im already at the airport:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

seansouth wrote:
    :(

We won't get three points tonight I'm afraid.
    I have a sneaky feeling you may be wrong there seansouth. Athlone played 120 minutes on Monday and they got a man sent off against us last weel when we stuffed them 6-2(Can't remember his name but hes one of their better players). I reckon tonights the night for Shels to break their duck and I've bet accordingly.

Tonight is also the night Pats winning streak shall come to an end. Galway plus a goal is the bet there. Happy Easter!

PS It goes without saying Dundalk shall beat Monaghan. 3-0 if you wanna know the score.

Pighead wrote:
    I reckon tonights the night for Shels to break their duck and I've bet accordingly.
    You must be more than a bit crazy to bet on the current Shels team. Even Dermot Keely admits he doesn't have the team in order yet.

We have shipped two goals in every game we have played this season, so an anything-nil scoreline to us, I just can't see happening.

Although, having seen your lot perform recently in Tolka Park, you are a long way off last season when I watched the Pats-Dundalk cup game in Inchicore, so if an off-colour Dundalk can hit Athlone for six, then just maybe we might get something, because I honestly didn't see much between Shels and Dundalk the night we played.

Hmm, that all sounds a bit contradictory.

Shels have a long way to go, I'd be happy with a point tonight.

I'm happy just seeing a Shels team take to the pitch these days though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Cant see Longford getting anything out of tonights game, simply cannot put the ball in the net, the amount of chances that have been missed so far this season is unreal. Could have drawn a few games or even won but cant see us picking up any points tonight. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

seansouth wrote:
    You must be more than a bit crazy to bet on the current Shels team. Even Dermot Keely admits he doesn't have the team in order yet.

We have shipped two goals in every game we have played this season, so an anything-nil scoreline to us, I just can't see happening.

Although, having seen your lot perform recently in Tolka Park, you are a long way off last season when I watched the Pats-Dundalk cup game in Inchicore, so if an off-colour Dundalk can hit Athlone for six, then just maybe we might get something, because I honestly didn't see much between Shels and Dundalk the night we played.

Hmm, that all sounds a bit contradictory.

Shels have a long way to go, I'd be happy with a point tonight.

I'm happy just seeing a Shels team take to the pitch these days though.

My word, I think you're being way too pessimistic regarding the state of Shels. To be honest I thought it'd take them at least 10 or so games to be even competitive.

Instead they've started the season in good heart and have been competitive in 3 of the 4 games thus far. Going up to Harps and almost snatching a draw is a good result for any team. Never an easy place to go. On top of that you've picked up a couple of points against Kilkenny and Kildare.

Athlone on the other hand were lucky to get a draw in Limerick and got tonked in Oriel last week.
    The two games they've won have been against two teams who i'm pretty sure will be in the bottom 3 come November. So farthis season they've been injury and suspension free. Tonight they have to cope with a suspension and at least 2 injuries.

Your lot have a much better chance of getting a result than you think.

Yes, the players are certainly playing out of their skins, that much is true, but it isn't enough.

Now, I know we have played the two teams most likely to be in the top three come November already, and got beaten, I expected that much.

But we've been giving away ridiculously sloppy goals, and seem to lack that killer touch in front of goal ourselves.

If Athlone are as bad as you seem to think, then I'll revise my outlook a little, but I still know I'll be happy with a point.

I'll be happy with points from games until at least the middle of May, then I'll start expecting some performances against the teams currently occupying the lower half of the division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Getting the chance to go to my first Dundalk match in about 2 years. Hitting the road with a car full of lunatic Lillywhites fans. If anyone sees a silver Ford Escor (with a lot of singing going on inside) on the road to Monaghan tonight, that'll be us!

3-0's an ambitious scoreline, but hopefully accurate. :)

• Advertisement

Galway 0 St Pats 1

Bring on the Bohs!

5 out of 5 , galway seemed to be on top for most of it but we scored on the break and then sat back and let them come onto us.

kdjac

Shels won :eek:

FT Bray Wanderers 0 - 2 Shamrock Rovers
    FT Bohemians 1 - 0 Sligo Rovers
    FT Galway 0 - 1 St. Patricks
    FT Longford Town 0 - 1 Drogheda United
    FT UC Dublin 3 - 0 Waterford U.

kdjac

Bohs got the win and MOTM for me even though he was only a 2nd half sub was Kevin Hunt. Got on the ball, tackled and made Bohs look much better when he came on.

Fair play to the Sligo fans, came in their numbers with voice and colour.

KdjaCL wrote:
    Shels won :eek:
    Indeed we did.

I bow to the superior footballing knowledge of Pighead...or do I?

We were well worth the win aswell, the players who got cleared after the FIFA shenanigans were the difference.

Mark Leech - hero tbh, scored our goal in the New Reds first win, he'll bag quite a few in this division.

The two legends Chambers and Crawford, came back to us in our hour of need, and haven't failed to live up to the expectation of wearing that jersey.

Tonight I am proud to say I support Shelbourne Football Club. You can keep your Hajduk and your Depor. One nil win against Athlone Town in the first division after that winter we had is the best feeling in the world.

Bring on the Mons.

Not the greatest game in the world (then again neither was the 0-0 with Depor!), but nice to get three points.

Movin' on up!

Pighead wrote:
    I reckon tonights the night for Shels to break their duck and I've bet accordingly.

Tonight is also the night Pats winning streak shall come to an end. Galway plus a goal is the bet there. Happy Easter!

PS It goes without saying Dundalk shall beat Monaghan. 3-0 if you wanna know the score.

I bow to the superior footballing knowledge of Pighead...or do I?

1 out 3 :p

kdjac

http://www.stpatsfc.com/watch_video.php?id=52

pats goal and tribute.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Very apt alright, very apt. And Milito scored first for Zaragoza last night against Barcelona.

Derry at home to Cork tonight. Live on Setanta, I think.

Already a must-win game for Derry.

• Advertisement

Not sure if they'll beat Cork, but I really can't see Derry losing tonight.

Always a tough game in Derry and we rarely get a result up there. Need to be more creative.

Would be happy with a draw.

prediction Derry City 2 - 1 Cork City :o

1-0 City O'Donovan

What a start. City playing some nice stuff. Fylnny with the shot, goalkeeper parried and Roy with the tap in.

1-1 ****

Hutton

Have Setanta put any mics in the crowd at all?

Well done Adi kid.

2-1 to Cork.

Derry's keeper looks Very dodgy.

• Advertisement

?//

Derry's keeper looks Very dodgy.

Is it Jennings?

No a Finish guy. Titmouse or something:D

Cork still playing the better stuff. Derry have just brought on Hynes.

Would be a massive result for us.

Would be a massive result for us.

And another kick in the proverbials for Nutsy. :eek:

:D

3-1

Murray

Rico take a bow, what a signing Darragh Ryan is. Better than Danny Murphy??

• Advertisement

Doesn't seem to be any passion in the Derry team.

3 defeats from 5 league games, bottom half of the table, and as good as out of the Setanta. Great start to the season for Derry!!!! :D

I'd even fancy our chances up there if we got them in the cup!!!! ;)

4-1 Behanator!

Can't believe the scoreline. Biggest win ever over Derry Id say:)

Derry are shocking. Whats happened them?:confused:

What's happened to them? I dunno, but I bet Fenlon wishes he'd takan the Bohs job now. Serves him right. I can see him walking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

A great win for Cork, but I think it's a bit early in the season to go writing Derry & Fenlon off. Plenty of time for them to get back into the title race....remember Cork were being written off too after a couple of games.

Interesting stat is that when Cork won the league in 05 we only lost 3 games.

Derry have already lost 3 games.

The fraud that is Pat Fenlon is being shown to all. Best manager in the league my arse. He had it easy with Shels, and ran away when the going got tough. Then he inherited another great squad with Derry and what does he do? Sign about the worst player to have a decent reputation in Dave Rogers, a waster in Alan Moore, and Greg O Halloran. Then he says he needs to sign more players? Shels got lucky. Shels lite haven't.

Anyway, Free The FIFA 2

Did not want to put this in my above post, but it was fantastic to see the St Pats tribute to a great fan of theirs.

I never knew the guy, but I do know a few of his friends and their grief has made me so sad, and for the first time ever I was deligthed to see Pats win a game. It was for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I think after Derry's performance tonight Shels would do a better job of boosting Ireland's coefficient in the CL! :p

Derry were appalling, what makes it worse is that Cork were hardly playing good football themselves. I think Derry have 2 keepers to get rid of now! :) I've great respect for Nutsy, I really hope he can prove that he can live without a chequebook but if this keeps up he'll be gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i didn't think cork city were all that good last night, apart from the end of the first half.

derry were muck, and didn't create many chances.

Denis behan's goal was top notch. absolutely cracking finish, and it'll give the lad all the confidence in the world.

we're up to third now, level with rovers who come to the cross on friday..

• Advertisement
Advertisement