Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola Surfboard Modem

Options
  • 05-04-2007 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi,

I am setting up a Motorola Surfboard modem and was wondering what wireless options could i use with it

Mugie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Any router/WiFi with ethernet WAN port. Argos incorrectly call them Cable Routers. Komplett call them Routers with WiFi.

If its the Cable Modem, there is nothing to (legally) setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mugie

Thanks Watty,

It is the cable modem but they never gave my mate any software to install it with (Sorry im not that up to date with broadband stuff)

Mugie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Is it an installation disk for the modem you want??
    Is the modem from NTL??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If it's ethernet then you just set your ethernet Network card TCP/IP properites to automatic (DHCP) and untick all the other boxes abouve TCP/IP properties.

Disable and renable network card.

If it's USB, insist you have only ancient USB and need an ethernet one.

Only USB modems need software.

192.168.100.1 in your web browser will be the modem status.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mugie

Hi lads,

Ya its the installation disc/software that i need, NTL gave me a disc with 2 drivers but no joy after installing them.

It is a USB connection that the modem uses,

Is there anywhere i can download the software for it or do i have to configure something after installing the drivers

thanks in advance

Mugie

• Advertisement
Advertisement