Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Fans G.T.R 2

Options
  • 05-04-2007 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

An amazing game in my mind. Havent played a driving game in which the cars react so realisticly..well maybe test drive unlimited but anyway. Anyone who enjoys a great challenge and wants to drive some beautiful cars knock your 8800's up full and give GTR2 a go! I played with the Wheel and pedals, makes it a lot more fun and really tests you if your opponenents are maxed out.

Any other driving sim's fans enjoy this title?

http://gtr-game.10tacle.com/index.php?id=246&L=1

A link to the homepage.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Its only average in the simracing world.
    Rfactor and live for speed both a far superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

ya i actually love this game, i use a nice logitech wheel and pedal set with it and once you get a nice rhythm going in a race it can be very addictive.
    so frustrating when you get it wrong though and spin off. that's why i love it though, very realistic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

BazMcG wrote:
    An amazing game in my mind. Havent played a driving game in which the cars react so realisticly..well maybe test drive unlimited but anyway.
    Test drive unlimited, realistic? Your joking right? It's even more of an arcade game then gran turismo. The only thing realistic about it is the cars accereration and top speed. Other then that it is 100% an arcade game. Still and enjoyable game though.

Gtr2 is a good game. The cars are maybe a little bit too easy to control. Can anyone who has played both pc and xbox version confirm that the cars control the same on both platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

nope only used it on PC, and i have to say that when you turn off all of the driving aids on the PC version the cards def aren't too easy to control.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭BazMcG

tuxy wrote:
    Test drive unlimited, realistic? Your joking right? It's even more of an arcade game then gran turismo. The only thing realistic about it is the cars accereration and top speed.

No way, have you tried many handbrake turns in Test Drive lol? They arent realistic in the sense of damage etc but handle like real cars. And as the previous post mentions, when you take off all the controls in GTR2 the cars are extremely hard to control, if you clip sand your screwed most likely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Mojito

Love the game! Running it on a 8800GTX on widescreen with the graphics up to the max the game is just beautiful.
    tuxy wrote:
    The cars are maybe a little bit too easy to control.

No way! Check out what driving aids you have on and turn them all off and then try driving around in the lambo!

Get yourselves a G25 and you will enjoy it and other racing sims all the more.

Heres a few tasters of what rfactor has to offer :)

rFactor 79 F1 action
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJgKzcRxx3U&mode=related&search=
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9shCrYdLvg&mode=related&search=

Mojito wrote:

No way! Check out what driving aids you have on and turn them all off and then try driving around in the lambo!

Of course I play with aids off (apart from auto clutch). And after a few hours practise I can beat the best times that pro FIA GT drivers get IRL. So yes way!
    It's fairly realistic but not as much as something like rFactor or live for speed.

Test Drive cars are in no way realistic, for example the only time the rear wheel drive cars act anything like rear wheel drive is when you go over a bump in the road. You can take sharp turns with out careful control of the throttle, what a joke. But I don't think the developers were aiming for realism so it's ok.

That 79 F1 mod is crazy Dcully. Turbo lag! :P

Hehe great aint it :)

tuxy wrote:
    Of course I play with aids off (apart from auto clutch). And after a few hours practise I can beat the best times that pro FIA GT drivers get IRL. So yes way!
    It's fairly realistic but not as much as something like rFactor or live for speed.

Test Drive cars are in no way realistic, for example the only time the rear wheel drive cars act anything like rear wheel drive is when you go over a bump in the road. You can take sharp turns with out careful control of the throttle, what a joke. But I don't think the developers were aiming for realism so it's ok.

:eek:

My bad! :o

That rFactor looks class! cheers Dcully, I must check it out once I've mastered GTR2 :D

• Advertisement

Don't get me wrong it's a really cool game. Just not as realistic as some. I actually enjoy it more than rfactor. Unfortunately the community is very divided rfactor because there are so many mods. I find rfactor good for just hotlapping on your own in a wide variety of cars.

What you should do is check out live for speed, you can download a free demo that allows you to play online(3 cars, one track). The demo servers are very active. It's based on fictional cars and tracks but has the best online support of any racing sim.
    http://www.liveforspeed.net/

Does anyone know if simulator mode in gtr2 for xbox is the same as the pc version?

Cheers tuxy!

Downloading the Live for Speed demo now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Have to say its a cracking game! That Live for Speed looks good, I'm going to download the demo and try it out later. :)

Advertisement