Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cpu-z readings

Options
  • 05-04-2007 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

ran cpu-z on my new pc and it says core speed is 1600 mhz, is that right for an e6600, shouldn't it say 2400 mhz, also does anyone know the operating temperature range for core 2 duo's say under idle and under stress, have searched the web but not found much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Core2duo-e6600-cpuz.jpg

there's mine, still at stock.. for now ;)

looks like yours is underclocked.

the voltage is turned down and the multiplier is too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I checked the bios and settings there seem all ok, it says its using x9 multiplyer and voltage 1.3, so it's throttling itself for some reason, anyone know why it would do this and how to stop it. the cpu fan was acting up earlier - stopping and starting but it seems ok now, spinning all the time so it shouldn't be a temp issue i would hope, any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

whats your full system spec?

whats your full system spec?

mobo ,Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4
    cpu Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
    mem 4 gb Corsair PC5300
    graphics GeForce 8800 GTS
    disk Samsung SpinPoint T166 250GB SATA2

I think maybe its fine and cpuz is giving spurious readings, I've tried several programs and some say its running at 1.6 and others at 2.4 check out the pic, they can't agree with each other :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Speedstep like AMD's Cool & Quiet is probably enabled in the background. The stock balanced power management profile in Vista enables this if capable, so you can tweak the profile or select high performance stock profile instead.

Put the CPU under heavy load so the CPU usage is high and then run CPU-Z again and check the reported speed.

• Advertisement

8T8 wrote:
    Speedstep like AMD's Cool & Quiet is probably enabled in the background. The stock balanced power management profile in Vista enables this if capable, so you can tweak the profile or select high performance stock profile instead.

Put the CPU under heavy load so the CPU usage is high and then run CPU-Z again and check the reported speed.

cool, i put the cpu under 100% and checked it again and it's running at 2.4 :D
    thanks a mill for that, i just spent 1300 upgrading my system and was fretting having to send parts back, you have put my mind at rest

Advertisement