Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Med diet 'could prevent asthma'

• 05-04-2007 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Some more veg* propaganda for all your prosletizing needs :p
    (just joking... )

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6525237.stm

"Eating a Mediterranean diet could help protect children from respiratory allergies and asthma, a study suggests.
    They found those with a diet rich in fruit and vegetables were protected against both conditions.
    Children who ate nuts - a rich source of vitamin E - at least three times a week, again just over 300, were less likely to wheeze.
    However, high consumption of margarine more than once a week (331 children) doubled the chances of asthma and allergic rhinitis, compared with those who ate it less frequently, the findings showed. "

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If I had to guess, I would also say that a diet rich in uncooked foods - that is, anything which hasn't had the bacteria incinerated out of it - would also have a similar effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Steak tartare anyone? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

well, anyone who does suffer from asthma; giving up dairy is the first step out!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

So this is where you heard about this. 'I heard it somewhere' indeed. :)

Advertisement