Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perplex City Stories

Options
  • 05-04-2007 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

Didn't know where to post this - the available "Real World Games" forums didn't seem to fit. Mods, feel free to move.

I've just discovered ARGs recently (Alternate Reality Games, such as the I Love Bees event for Halo 2), and am pretty happy to note that my interest in this genre has occurred shortly before the lauch of Perplex City Stories, season two of the rather awesome sounding Perplex City ARG.

The game itself starts in June, but the first batch of accompanying puzzle cards went on sale on March 1st.

Does anyone here have any experience or play ARGs, and does anyone know if the Perplex cards are available in Ireland in places like Forbidden Planet? Postage etc seems very expensive if you buy them online from the UK.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Never heard of ARGs until I read this (and even then I had to look wikipedia to figure it out) Sounds pretty cool and odd at the same time. I think there's a computer game that's like this, where you receive real emails and phonecalls in the middle of the night and stuff like that.

You may want to check out the Roleplay forum since it's probably most closely linked to that and they may be able to help.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Lost Experience is the only one Im aware of. Followed its progress for a while and it got pretty deep indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Hmm. It sounds like that weird Nokia Game mystery thing that happened a few years back. It took place mainly through text messages, but there were websites and even the radio (I think) involved at times.

Advertisement