Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oranges are not the only Fruit - Jeanette Winterson

Options
  • 05-04-2007 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭

This was a very interesting book for me, mainly because it seemed like a 'chick' book, which I usually wouldn't read (mainly because I think I'd miss out on something) but I really enjoyed it. It was funny, the pastor and his conversion van being my favourite. I also thought it was quite philosophical in its scope and the parallel anecdotes were interesting. An original little tale on the whole, anybody else like it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

Valmont wrote:
    This was a very interesting book for me, mainly because it seemed like a 'chick' book, which I usually wouldn't read (mainly because I think I'd miss out on something) but I really enjoyed it. It was funny, the pastor and his conversion van being my favourite. I also thought it was quite philosophical in its scope and the parallel anecdotes were interesting. An original little tale on the whole, anybody else like it?

Yep I really liked this too :D I read it a few years ago though, so as is usual with me, I don't remember too much about it :o I really like Jeannette Winterson's writing style though - it is a mixture of (kind of) magic realism and realism isn't it?
    I read another of her more fantastical fairytale type books more recently and it didn't seem to work as well as Oranges though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭s&mbarbie

Read it a couple of months ago and enjoyed it...found The Passion a really good read too...

Advertisement