Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi there.

Options
  • 05-04-2007 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hello,

I am new on this forum, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I work as a full time dog trainer and I absolutely love my job. I am originally from Sweden but have been living in Ireland for 10 years now.

Have a Happy Easter everyone,
    Annika

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭andrawolf

how did you learn to be a dog trainer?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Annika30

Hello andrawolf,

I have completed 2 dogtraining courses, one theory and one practical. I am also donig a dog psychology course at the moment. I have been training dogs for years, it's always been my big interest of mine:) Annika

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭cathald

Hi Annika, welcome to the boards, you must be enjoying Ireland if you've been here for 10 years!

cathald, Thanks:) I love Ireland, I can't ever see myself moving back to Sweden.
    Annika

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Hi Annika, we're somewhat in need of a dog trainer at the moment;) Who did you train with?

• Advertisement

Arcadian, I have PMed you.
    Annika

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Why not share with us? Sounds dodgy otherwise.

Sorry about that. I have done a 'shadowing' course in Sweden,where I am from, you 'shadow' an experienced dog trainier while they hold puppy and obedience classes. I have also completed a diploma course in Dog Training, it's a theory course. I am currently doing a diploma course in dog/canine psychology. And I have a good few years experience of training dogs.

Annika:)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Hi and welcome annika, and HAPPY EASTER to you and all the boards gang......:)

artieanna, Thanks:) what kind of artist are you? Just curious.
    Annika

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Välkommen till Irland Annika!

Haha! Are you Swedish to?:confused:

Nope I'm Irish but I've been to Sweden a few times (to Gothenburg) and I absolutely love the place! I'd love to see more of it and learn Swedish too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Welcome

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

May I ask what you like about Sweden:confused:

Annika

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Carroll

Annika30 wrote:
    Sorry about that. I have done a 'shadowing' course in Sweden,where I am from, you 'shadow' an experienced dog trainier while they hold puppy and obedience classes. I have also completed a diploma course in Dog Training, it's a theory course. I am currently doing a diploma course in dog/canine psychology. And I have a good few years experience of training dogs.

Annika:)

I have a friend who is thinking of moving to Sweden, and also has a huge interest in dogs. Could you give me the details of the courses you completed, and where you studied? I think that's something she might be interested in.

:)

Annika30 wrote:
    May I ask what you like about Sweden:confused:

Annika
    I dunno if you saw this on the RTE news the other night but they did a report about the huge number of stray dogs in Ireland and how it's such a big problem over here. Anyway, they've started sending the homeless dogs out to Sweden to be rehomed, because Sweden have such low numbers of homeless dogs! So I suppose that's 1 thing I like about Sweden anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Due to complaints it's time to close this thread.

Remember no advertising is allowed. Bannings will follow if this is not adhered to.

We have received so many complaints about these threads that we are locking the thread. If the bickering continues and we receive more complaints bannings will follow. This is the only warning.

If members have issues with each other then take them off forum. Also abuse of the reported posts function will not be tolerated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement