Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sevilla vs Spurs

• 05-04-2007 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

ITV and TV3 showing it .....honestly dont know which is worse.

Spurs team named on Sky , they left out the Sevilla team. So not sure if cagey UEFA cup winners will play or crazy attack attack team.

Spurs being soft in the middle could make this tie over tonight but there will be goals from both sides.

MATCH STATS: AT A GLANCE
    Sevilla

* 01 Palop
    * 02 Javi Navarro
    * 03 David
    * 04 Daniel
    * 14 Escude
    * 11 Renato
    * 08 Poulsen
    * 06 Adriano Correia
    * 09 Kerzhakov
    * 12 Kanoute
    * 15 Jesus Navas

Substitutes

* 13 Cobeno,
    * 05 Duda,
    * 07 Chevanton,
    * 18 Marti,
    * 19 Dragutinovic,
    * 24 Hinkel,
    * 25 Maresca

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1-0 Spurs Keane scores after 1 minute 20ish.

kdjac

Peno to Sevilla, Robinson got the ball and man but didnt hold the ball so ball fell loose and player was taken down like no dive or exaggeration. Blatant peno but english commentators on RTE think otherwise.

1-1 kanoute, great game so far.

kdjac

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

joke, never a penalty

Sparks400 wrote:
    joke, never a penalty

He got the ball and the man, how could it not be a peno? why didnt the player get the loose ball and score? Cos he was on his arse.....

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Very poor referring decision, no way was that a peno.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

He won the ball cleanly, if a defender had won the ball with a sliding challange and the striker fell across him it'd never be given. Very poor decision

KdjaCL wrote:
    He got the ball and the man, how could it not be a peno? why didnt the player get the loose ball and score? Cos he was on his arse.....

kdjac

No, because Robinson got his hands on the ball and knocked it away from the player as he's supposed to do as a goalie!!, thats why!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Definitely not a penalty, I have money on Seville and I considered that decision a gift from the gambling Gods.

Are you 2 commentating on tv3?

He took the player down and got the ball, cant have a good tackle and take the player down in the box when your the keeper and hes about to score/shoot.

Taino is doing his best to emulate Scholes :confused:

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:

He took the player down and got the ball, cant have a good tackle and take the player down in the box when your the keeper and hes about to score/shoot.

Taino is doing his best to emulate Scholes :confused:

kdjac

His hands touched the ball first , as a result of knocking the ball off the players feet, the plater fell over his arms.

Anyhow, tis all for nowt now, whats done is done.

Come on Keano!!

• Advertisement

"Police moving into the Spurs fans to quell fighting"

Fans coming off as innocent in the english media this week...odd that

kdjac

Damn yobs acting the bollix again it seems :(, why does this keep happening with English clubs in Europe :(

Trouble in the crowd now too.

ITV showing the yobs and TV3 not showing it, interesting.

2:1 Seville

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Longfield wrote:
    ITV showing the yobs and TV3 not showing it, interesting.

Odd, do they not all get the same feed, ie through a spanish editor or whatever?

Stekelly wrote:
    Odd, do they not all get the same feed, ie through a spanish editor or whatever?

being the same tv channel i thought they would, odd that.

kdjac

2-1 Kerzashogogogo

terrible defending.

kdjac

Stekelly wrote:

I think they do. Brutal defending alright.

Dunno how they are doing it either, only thing I can think of is that there is a delay in the stream that both channels can use for replays of their choice etc that allows one to filter out the yobs and the other to show it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

just saw a quick replay of the penalty. i don't think it was one, i think Robinson clearly wins the ball before contact was made with the defender. unless subsequent angles prove otherwise i don't think it should have been given.

Crowd trouble broke out during Thursday night's Uefa Cup quarter-final first leg between Sevilla and Tottenham.

Riot police were needed to separate both sets of supporters outside the Spanish club's ground before kick-off.

And less than half an hour into the match, trouble erupted in the enclosure housing 4,000 travelling Spurs fans.

Manchester United's Champions League tie in Rome on Wednesday was marred by violent scenes between police and visiting supporters.

Extra riot police were drafted into the Sevilla stadium in a bid to bring the situation under control.

More to follow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/6531683.stm

kdjac

All spurs this half , they should have a goal by now.

Maresca (best player ever) and Chevanton should be on soon Kerzahohohoh doing now and Sevilla midfield not in it anymore.

kdjac

what was with the ref deciding to throw the ball up between the two teams when it went out for a corner? he's been wierd in his decisions at times...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

KdjaCL wrote:
    Fans coming off as innocent in the english media this week...odd that
    Fans of the English club scene would never be involved in badness such as this. It's obviously the damn foreigners casing all the trouble.

left back on and a DMF....

bah stupid cagey Sevilla bring on Maresca and finish the game here :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,514 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I saw some stuff earlier on SSN, Spurs and Sevilla fans were getting on fine, and Spurs fans were praising the Spanish hospitality etc etc. Didnt look that way just there on RTÉ news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Spurs are rubbish, they can't penetrate the Sevilla defence so they just hoof it.

Spurs are rubbish, they can't penetrate the Sevilla defence so they just hoof it.

Sevilla were there for the taking at times, but Spurs just couldn't even get the ball into the box. the only way they seem to be able to hold onto possession is to go backwards.

Robbie shouldn't have turned away from the "headbutt." he might have been able to get Navarro(?) out for the next match.

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote:

Nope, it seems its you my good sir who should be commentating for TV3. All the reports I've read so far have agreed that it was a highly dubious penalty. That includes BBC and Soccernet.

Pighead: Spiteful Fcuker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

KdjaCL wrote:

You obviously know more about football than the SPA director of football.

Should go for his job tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Not a great performance by Spurs, though I'm not too disappointed by the result as we got an away goal. Cannot understand the penalty and the corner-cum-drop-kick thing was just a joke. Definitley one of the worst referring performances I've seen in such a high profile game.

Bring on White Hart Lane and a nice 1 - 0 win, which will keep me well happy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Was in a pub yesterday and could see the RTE and Sky coverage of the crowd trouble, Sky showed it and RTE didnt...must be an irish thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Shocking peno decision, he cleanly took the ball, the fact the player fell over Robinsons arms is "by-the-by". Spurs looked less than imperious when put under pressure but Seville did'nt use the talent. I guess they know they'll get at least one goal at WHL. I see Freddie Kanoute has fully acclimatised to Spainish football judging by that pathetic "l've been shot" moment.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Sevilla were there for the taking at times, but Spurs just couldn't even get the ball into the box. the only way they seem to be able to hold onto possession is to go backwards.

Robbie shouldn't have turned away from the "headbutt." he might have been able to get Navarro(?) out for the next match.
    Agree, Sevilla were no great shakes but Spurs didn't have the confidence/ability to knock them off.

Yea, as much as it guiles me, he should have went down for that, you can bet your bottom dollar the Sevilla lads would have. I think English teams in general need to ramp up the diving and the play acting. I can't say I agree with it but Sevilla were able to disrupt attacking Spurs play several times with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Not a bad game for Uefa Cup, Spurs could of got more out of the game with a bit of luck and penetration.

The ref had a shocker, gave some awful decisions against Spurs and that penalty was a joke, how a professional ref gets that wrong is beyond belief, shocking ref !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Watched bits of it , let down by the worst commentary team ever Trevor Welch and Ronnie Whelan , who was so biased towards Spurs it was unbelievable

The Soccer Mod had a shocker, gave some awful decisions against Spurs and that penalty was a joke, how a professional Soccer Mod gets that wrong is beyond belief, shocking Soccer Mod !
    Alright lads let it go, KdjaCL made a mistake. These things happen. He'll learn from this.

It was peno :eek: Kanoute scored from it irc therefore it was a peno....

Could be worse could be endorsing players diving........

kdjac

Carcharodon has'nt yet understood the sheer wrecklesness of mocking a mod!

Mike.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:
    Carcharodon has'nt yet understood the sheer wrecklesness of mocking a mod!

Mike.

Mike hasnt grasped pigheads subtle editing ;0

kdjac

:o:o:o

Leaves without bothering to collect coat....

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Is Andy Townsend the most dislikeable person ever? I think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

tdv wrote:
    Is Andy Townsend the most dislikeable person ever? I think so.
    vote!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

That ref was a disgrace. Pure and simple. Penalising every tackle where someone fell down and that penalty decision was simply disgusting. Hopefully at WHL we'll be allowed to play some football and kick the crap out of those playactors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

I only saw the first half and as much as I want Sevilla to progress that was never a penalty. Robinson's reaction said it all, he made a brilliant save, what more could he do? Shocking decision.

Advertisement