Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter Post

Options
  • 05-04-2007 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I was wondering if post is still delivered this Easter week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Well it was delivered every day until today, that's 80% of Easter Week gone already :) Not sure about tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I got a cheque in the post for winnings from Prize Bonds on Good Friday in 1998. That was the same day as the famed Agreement in Northern Ireland. So with that and my first ever win on Prize bonds arriving, it was a very Good Friday. :) So yes, post is delivered on Good Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Scheherazade

Thanks guys.

I was worried I won't get a birthday gift I ordered for a friend.

BTW, does anyone else here get leaflets from An Post saying pick up a package the next working day, but they don't specify which branch?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You go to your local delivery office to collect undelivered parcels/packages.
    On the back of the leaflet there will be a list of them and their phone numbers. If in doubt, ring them and see do they cover your area.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

#Elites wrote:
    well i got post today:)

Me too - a lovely long overdue cheque. 'We'll have you paid before Christmas' they told us.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I was at the parcel depot at 8am this morning.It was closed. Parcels will not be delivered today, only letters. Confirmed by the very nice man at my local sorting office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Scheherazade

spurious wrote:
    You go to your local delivery office to collect undelivered parcels/packages.
    On the back of the leaflet there will be a list of them and their phone numbers. If in doubt, ring them and see do they cover your area.

Yes, usually I collect stuff from Sandyford Ind. (which isn't really the closest one to me but anyway the leaflet specifies that I go there). But a couple of times I got leaflets that didn't specify where, so I assumed it's at Sandyford where I usually go, and they said it's not there try some other branch and there wasn't even a tracking number or anything on it. Just my name. Lazy postman.

That sucks about the parcel... I guess I'll have to wait till Monday and give the gift late. Please don't tell me Monday it's closed too?

Monday's a Bank Holiday so I think Tuesday will be your next chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

spurious wrote:
    Me too - a lovely long overdue cheque. 'We'll have you paid before Christmas' they told us.....

They did well. Christmas is almost 9 months away. :)

Advertisement