Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linksys WRT54G + ZyXel (Imagine BroadBand) Woes

Options
  • 05-04-2007 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

Hi guys/gals,
    Firstly apologies if this has come up before. I tried searching the forum but did not find much on it. I have followed the instructions in the wireless FAQ but am still having difficulties. I have done this set up fine with a Belkin router, but for some reason I'm having trouble with the Linksys. Here goes.

The ZyXel modem is the DSL modem Imagine provided. This can go online fine. I put this modem into Bridging mode following the advice on here http://kb.earthlink.net/case.asp?article=158823 , and connected it to the Linksys via a network cable. In the settings on the Linksys, I followed the instructions in step 4 here http://raxso.wordpress.com/2006/08/15/how-to-set-up-pppoe-dsl-connections-with-a-linksys-router/
    and entered in the correct username and password to connect to imagine's DSL service onto the Linksys. I saved the settings, power cycled the router and the dsl modem. By this, I mean I left both of them turned off for 20 minutes then powered on the ZyXel modem, then the Linksys router. No joy connecting to the DSL service though. In the Connection Status on the Linksys router it just says "Disconnected". The phone line is connected to the ZyXel box, and the DSL light is green. As I said, if I just use the imagine box and put it back into Routing mode it connects fine so I know there's no problems with the line, and the PPPoE settings in the Linksys match up exactly with the settings in the ZyXel.

I'm pretty sure I've followed the instructions successfully as I have done this a good few times for mates with Belkin routers, but for some reason it's not working with the Linksys. Have I missed something?

Once again I'm really sorry if this has been covered before.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

put pc into zyxel, get ip address off it , say 192.168.15.100 and dns 192.168.15.1 and gateway 192.168.15.1, note these three settings

now put those settings in linksys wan port and plug linksys into zyxel where pc was plugged in and plug pc into linksys .

pc should now have a 192.168.1.100 address from linksys but the wan port should be fine .

the only issue is if zyxel gives a 192.168.1.n address to pc in step one, that would confuse linksys

report back if that works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Ignore me. It took a power cycle of 30 mintues to sort it out. Thanks anyway Sponge Bob! :)

Advertisement