Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facial Hair?

• 05-04-2007 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

What's the official stance on facial hair on this board? Surely a mighty beard is possibly the most manly thing in existence?

I mean, what's not to love about beards? If you're beard enough, you cand do this:

windmill-beard.jpg

:D

Facial Hair? 22 votes

Mustache
    0% 0 votes
    Goatee
    13% 3 votes
    Full Beard and Sideburns
    45% 10 votes
    Huge ****ing Viking Beard!
    40% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Brother, art thou trolling?

You've long girlie hair but you're trying to make sure people don't mistake you for a woman by growing a beard? :eek:

(Misplaced) vanity should be a bannable offence in this forum, dude :D

Take the feckin' trimmer to it. Like I said in another thread, it only takes a couple of minutes per month. Save yourself lots of time to spend on worthier causes like consume alcohol or watch TV

Mods, may I suggest that admitting to blow drying your hair should be another bannable offence in this forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've had at least some class of facial growth since I was 15. It's a part of my identity...a full blown beard though, I don't think I'll ever reach those dizzying new heights...unless I become too lazy to even shave once a week as I usually do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

A nice bit of unkempt facial hair adds to the general surliness of a man. Like Havok I shave about once a week, twice if something special is on. I can't grow a beard again cause it will be ginger *sniff* why god why????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MOTHERTRUCKER

unkel wrote:
    Brother, art thou trolling?

You've long girlie hair but you're trying to make sure people don't mistake you for a woman by growing a beard? :eek:

(Misplaced) vanity should be a bannable offence in this forum, dude :D

My taughts exactly! What is it about guys with long hair only growing goaties to prove their not wimmen. You've long hair lads, you use shampoo if thats not girlee i don't know what is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Brothers I have a ponytail and a beard (quite a large forehead tho)

last time I was in Bougainville in PNG the local kids nicknamed me jesus :eek:

but still I'm too lazy to shave, and anyway I can comb it now so thats cool

• Advertisement

Oh and Brother Brian, be not ashamed of our firey celtic & norse heritage, some of the hardest bstrds in history had red beards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i have no facial hair although i used to have a goatee but i got fed up with being nicknamed ronnie o sullivan so i got rid of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I'm a lazy bastard. DarkJager can testify to this. I shave at the weekend, and don't bother shaving during the week. On Friday in work I have a pretty big bread. It's quite scary it actually grows very fast. After work, if I'm going out I'll shave it. If not I'll be shaving it on saturday morning. I just cba tbh.

Oh and Brother Brian, be not ashamed of our firey celtic & norse heritage, some of the hardest bstrds in history had red beards

Perhaps so Brother, but it looks a wee bit silly with black hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Dye it so... No wait, dye isn't manly. Eat lots of bovril really messily, and it'll get stained black. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I fight an eternal battle between which I hate more, shaving or facial hair. The shaving always wins out though, because I look stupid with facial hair as I am afflicted by that which afflicts many Irish men - my beard grows red even though my hair is dark brown. Damn those Viking ancestors!

I grew what facial hair I now have as a stance against the establishment. It was a challenge, to see how long before they make me shave it off. I keep it trimmed, however, as long facial hair doesn't suit me whatsoever.

You sayin I looks stoooooopid, with me long hair and me red beard, I think i looks fierce kewl alltogether.

begone, your vanity has no place in this forum :D

You sayin I looks stoooooopid, with me long black hair and me red beard, I think i looks fierce kewl alltogether.

begone, your vanity has no place in this forum :D

In that spirit brother I shall not be shaving today. I know its a brave sacrifice I'm making, but for the brothers (and to in some way make up for my lack of receeding hair...)

thats the spirit brother

my last shave was in January and my last haircut was the last time I was back at me barbers in Ireland in 2004

just let go, ignore vanity and all that ****e, if we was meant to be clean shaven our faces would be bald not our heads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

Had really big side burns for about 5 years. I reckon as a result I still apear to have cheek bones. The years of shaving can still been seen in either stuble growth of years of carving part of my face off.
    Have a beard these days and like how it frames my face.Woman have make-up men can use hair instead:)

Advertisement