Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betfair laying?

Options
  • 05-04-2007 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Ok say I transfer 2,000 from my bank to my Betfair account.

I do Phil Taylor to win at 2.0 and stick 2,000 on him. Taylor goes up 3-0 his price goes to 1.5, How do I lay my bet for a profit? What do I go to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Click the pink lay button at 1.5....and fill in 2000. Then green it up using one of the free softwares to calculate it for you so you end up profiting no matter the result

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

To know how much to lay in order to guarantee an equal profit no matter what the result do the following math. (BACK price * Stake) / Lay Price. So it would be (2.0 * 2000) / 1.5 = €2666.67. That's €666.67 profit less commission whoever wins, happy days :). Mind you I doubt Phil Taylor would ever start a darts match at evens unless he had both arms tied behind his back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Hoops1888

To know how much to lay in order to guarantee an equal profit no matter what the result do the following math. (BACK price * Stake) / Lay Price. So it would be (2.0 * 2000) / 1.5 = €2666.67. That's €666.67 profit less commission whoever wins, happy days :). Mind you I doubt Phil Taylor would ever start a darts match at evens unless he had both arms tied behind his back!

I know how much I would win. It's just I did Colin Lloyd In the darts the last 400 In my account. He was losing 3-0 but came back 3-3 I wanted to lay off my bet but couldn't. So was wondering how its done.

Advertisement