Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real money or pretend?

Options
  • 05-04-2007 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Personally i play for fun, i put 50 into a betfair and PP account and both are in the 2500% or more region of profit.

But its money i play with i have only once taken money out and have no intention of doing so again. A bloke i know uses his betting skills to pay his mortage! Granted he is spot on i mean 9 out of 10 spot on and it bloody scraes me that he knows who is going to win a womens hockey final.

I look at bookies as places you only get what you put in and over time it evens itself out but this guy is living proof that betfair and pp get it wrong every week, betfair allows punters to lay odds and i won over a grand on the Derry gretna game thanks to dumb scottish people.

So is it real money or pretend when you bet online?

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

2500% in profit or €2500 in profit. betting online is real. you mightn't touch your winnings but if your like a lot of people constantly running up debt on a cc it is very real

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I dont understand betting for fun, why bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

What time frame are you showing this 2500% over? Are you using a system or just spot-betting?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I bet to earn money, and spend it. Doesn't always go like that though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I do it as a second income. I pay my mortgage (and some extra) though betfair trading. I withdraw all profits every Monday morning, and start from the same bank again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Dodge wrote:
    I do it as a second income. I pay my mortgage (and some extra) though betfair trading. I withdraw all profits every Monday morning, and start from the same bank again.

Thats good going....What software do you use? How long would you say you spend at it each week?

No software. I play mostly on football/tennis with the odd bit of rugby and american sports. I spent a couple of hours a night during midweek football and a fair bit on Saturday/Sunday afternoons.

If something catches my eye I don't mind lumping on and leaving it. I'm 11/11 on League of Ireland betting so far this year. I don't miss a night out to gamble and I try and keep some sort of family life going

Started off doing it for fun but realised I was kind of good at it so spent a bit more time researching tennis matches ;) and it paid off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Dodge = bloke i know.

Its ****ing scary seriously hes like rainman with sport :eek: :D

My system is Betfair and for a while PP gave stupid odds on the Eircom league, i stuck in 50 on both one via a top up card and other CC. I have bet on most pats games and Cork and Derry and Shels and at times was getting 2-1 on the latter 3. On Betfair now you can still get some decent odds on EL teams but PP seem to have lessened off.

From €50 too €2500 and now at 1k in each due to a stupid heart bet over a stupid cup final.

never bet on stuff i know nowt about and only bet on things i like ie footballl so to me its betting for fun.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

if i am correct at the moment u are 2 grand in profit -try looking at it like this -add up all the hours realistically that u have spent each week researching ur bets -take them total hours and if u would have worked the same amount of time in your job what would u have been paid -if ur salary would have been more than 2 grand than ure gambling is not paying u enuff -if it is less than u are slightly ahead -work is not a gamble where as what u are doing now is

knighted wrote:
    if i am correct at the moment u are 2 grand in profit -try looking at it like this -add up all the hours realistically that u have spent each week researching ur bets -take them total hours and if u would have worked the same amount of time in your job what would u have been paid -if ur salary would have been more than 2 grand than ure gambling is not paying u enuff -if it is less than u are slightly ahead -work is not a gamble where as what u are doing now is
    If thats directed at me...

I honestly don't spend that much time doing it. I know what I'm looking for and where to find it so its only a few clicks. Also add in the fact that I love sport so basically I'm making my hobby pay. If I wasn't gambling on it, I'd still watch the same amount of sport so I don't treat this as work. I've no intention of giving up my job to do this full time. I'm happy with the "extra" income but I don't rely on it, and never factor it into any budgets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement