Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning the Piano (solo)

Options
  • 05-04-2007 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any good websites that I could use to teach myself the piano?
    I would go to lessons but I'm both too busy and too strange for them. I learn best at weird times (like 2-5am) so I doubt any teacher would be willing to work with me at that time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Tbh you will find it difficult to teach yourself using the internet. Perhaps purchase some beginners books but without lessons I feel you will find it rather tough.
    Good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

i play best at night time too, once it gets dark out i can record and play proerly... not sure why

+ im interested i got a keyboard a few months ago im kinda leanrin my onw little way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 deklet

Pianonanny.com was supposed to be a good free one... however there's no substitute at all for proper one-on-one lessons in the earlier stages, in my humble opine...
    Love and peace, Dek.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I agree - there is nothing like sitting awake late at night with just your thoughts and piano keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I tried to teach myself online a few months ago and found it a bit silly.I used pianonanny.I also tried to get payed lessons!Its so freekin pricey!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

on youtube just search "piano tutorial", hundreds of videos of how to play popular modern songs. only good if you want to bypass the skill of piano! i cant reccommend finding the time to get lessons and do your grades enough. sight reading, aural training, its all so beneficial to your playing as a whole. especially if you hope to branch out from learning unfaithful by rihanna :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I've been learning myself off of youtube and stuff for the past 2 months. I can play trouble by coldplay and a few other bits and bobs, and I'm working on moonlight sonata at the moment, i'm up to the 6th measure of it. I'm getting there, but by bit.. It's a great piece.

Advertisement