Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tele Atlas coverage as good as Navteq's

• 05-04-2007 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭

Had the opportunity over the last couple of days to try out Tomtom Navigator 6. Tomtom use Tele Atlas maps (only) on this product.

As far as I can make out their latest Western Europe maps, on SD card only, have near 100% coverage of Ireland:
    http://www.tomtom.com/products/section.php?ID=281&Section=406&Category=2&Lid=1

The regional (ie UK & Ireland) and DVD versions are still on the old maps, which aren't great.

But after having used the latest SD card Western Europe maps I have to say I'm impressed with the coverage of Ireland. Road coverage seems to be on par with Navteq's, and they also have the toll roads covered (eg new M4 toll is covered, but missing on any Navteq-based product I've used).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

very interesting.
    I heard alright that teleatlas were getting their act together later on this year but didn't realise they had near-complete coverage already tbh.

do you know where to get full-coverage tomtom(software only) for pocketpc and any idea how much it might be.

i'm thinking of getting aa navigator software for pocketpc but wonder now if I should hold out for tomtom -probably a more accomplished (and expensive no doubt) piece of kit.

Advertisement