Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've Just Registered A Business Name but I don't have any idea what i'm doing!

Options
  • 06-04-2007 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

How's It going,
    I am a student and I just registered a business name on cro.ie because basically i was sick of saying that i sould like to open my own business and this seemed the best way to start. Now, upon registering the business name I am a little concerned as to whether I have to pay any kind of taxes or costs or anything. It was all a little too easy to do (It was just a case of sending €20 in the post to dublin!) and I would like to use the name to trade under but I cannot afford any additional costs to be honest.
    Also is there any annual forms that I am required to fill out or anything like that?
    Also does this mean that i am not allowed to draw the dole when I leave college?
    Does it mean that my new status is self employed?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

no !

chillax willya !

you now have some rights to that name/brand and thats all. Now build the name brand in your own time. Tax is paid on cash income / profits and not on concepts .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 adder

Relax and take your time. Tax is paid on cash income / profits. If you registered with Cro Online, your account should tell you if and when you have any forms to fill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Sponge Bob wrote:
    you now have some rights to that name/brand and thats all.
    Business names are not unique. He has rights to the name but not exclusive rights.

Advertisement