Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel in Dublin with all day residents bar tomorrow?

Options
  • 06-04-2007 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

Any suggestions? Some are only open from 12 midnight tmw night.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ring and ask, chances are you would have to be looking at 4 to 5 star hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Afaik, the law is that the *sale* of alcohol on good friday is illegal, regardless. So resident's bars aren't exempt. I could very much be wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

If the drinks are charged to the room account they are not techinally being sold as they are not paid for until the person settles thier bill when they check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

seamus, thats definately wrong! sure how can residents bars stay open after closing in the first place! liek say on a regualr saturday night!

as regards the topic, i dunno. i would assume any hotel that actually has a residents bar will be open all day, like usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

While staying at a hotel it is effectively your home. As such the rules about closing don't apply. You are entitled to drink in your own home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

(1) Save as otherwise provided by this Act, it shall not be lawful for any person to sell or expose for sale any intoxicating liquor, or to open or keep open any premises for the sale of intoxicating liquor, or to permit any intoxicating liquor to be consumed on licensed premises—

(a) at any time on Christmas Day or Good Friday;
    Shirley, that'd cover hotel bars too?

Advertisement