Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless BB recommendations for Dublin 11?

Options
  • 06-04-2007 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone advise which service is best for D11 (Cedarwood area). Friend is moving into a ground floor east facing flat with no phone line (doesn't want one anyway). Has NTL connection I'm pretty sure.

Choices would seem to be IBB, Digiweb, Clearwire and NTL.

Would be grateful to hear advice/experience on which of these to go for/avoid.

Not your ornery onager

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BOOZY

I've heard reasonable stuff about IBB. NTL I've heard terrible customer relations stuff about.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If you are on a good part of cable, NTL should be good. IBB ripwave is poor. IBB breeze is OK. Digiweb Metro is faster than Breeze and has phone connection without a phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

esel I live in the area you are talking about. There is no NTL broadband available. A friend of mine got IBB and DigiWeb and they were both terrible. He's on Magnet now and happy. I myself use Eircom.

Skittle

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Skittle wrote:
    esel I live in the area you are talking about. There is no NTL broadband available.

I checked the NTL site last night and it said BB was available for the address?

Thanks everyone for the info.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement