Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence Fee Increases - Shooters Quite Unhappy.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Worth a try Veg.
    We're trying a few of the stations at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Sparks wrote:
    Worth a try Veg.

well they'd never have me on as I am an average Joe soap and would be better off trying Joe Duffy :p

They'd only let people of importance in their organisations on Matt Cooper

Worth a try..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭cantona

Press Contacts of Political Parties

Political Party
    Tel (01)
    Fax (01)

Fianna Fáil 618 3297 618 4164 info@fiannafail.ie
    Fine Gael 618 3379 618 4144 fgmedia@indigo.ie
    The Labour Party 618 3433 618 4151 press@labour.ie
    Progressive
    Democrats 618 3615 679 4162 soshea@oireachtas.ie
    The Green Party 618 4088 618 4190 srawson@oireachtas.ie
    Sinn Féin 618 4276 618 4210 sinnfeinpress@oireachtas.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

i can never understand why people feel the need to always be in line with the UK?can't we manage ourselves?or look slightly further afield.
    I thnk things have worked well in Ireland,but they are looking for way too much money now for nothing extra,not that you get anything for your money anyway.
    Tiny groups have given themselves a huge voice in the hunting debate,the same person being chairmen of 3 or more different groups,Irish rifle club,Irish association for rifle safety Etc.
    calling to the local TD in person can be a great help.No one else is going to be speaking to them against this
    Bryan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

Great links

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

]QUOTE=Vegeta]well they'd never have me on as I am an average Joe soap and would be better off trying Joe Duffy :p [/QUOTE]

Ohh Boy!!!do you really want to tackle Joe Duffy??The Irish skinheaded,bovver booted boy of Irish airwaves???Guy has done NOWT for Irish shooters or gun issues. Let him call us ,[which he will,proably Sparks or me :( ]not vice versa.:(
    But please folks,of you do get a call,make the most of it.Just be yourselves,get the point across and dont be intimidated by being on radio or TV.If you dont feel up to it say to them look you would be better off speaking to NARGC or your organistaion PRO of choice.Better to let somone else use the media bite.No shame in it.

stevoman wrote:
    e i will be lettin my local gov representatives know when they call to the door looking for votes this year.

Dont wait until they are at your door!!!Hit them now!!! There is now posted here plenty of info on how to contact them here and now!!

Damn Sparks !! You beat me to it!!!!:D :D Was goin to post HALF that list!!!
    Could you post this onto the protest list too?? Would help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭FLAG

http://www.wfsa.net/WFSANEWS/2007/April07.htm

Hi folks

Information published on the WFSA web site to which the SSAI is an associate member.

Regards

PS:

Sorry Sparks we did not ask your permission when we made application for membership some years ago!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

chem wrote:
    Who is going to pay that much for a training licence? Its just going to make people break the law by takeing there son/daughter out with the gun for a shot of a sunday without a training licence.

Does this mean that an individual who doesn't have a licence cannot now go to a clay pidgeon range for a shot. If so it will be the cause of a lot of lost business for ranges such as Courtlough especially with regard to corporate days.

Given that farming is well and truly screwed, the manufacturing industry has followed closely behind and now that it appears that the house building industry is screwed as well, you would think that the powers that be could maybe not tax tourism out of existence.

Well done again FF. Pack of scroungers. Given the lack of any real opposition party in this country would this be a platform for an independant candidate. I reckon alot of farmers (probably the largest gun owning group) would give this cause their number 2 vote. This coupled with the number 1 of all game and target shooters would surely get a candidate elected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Are you allowed to shoot targets on a limited licence?

FLAG wrote:
    Information published on the WFSA web site to which the SSAI is an associate member.
    Odd that it's the NARGC information up there then...
    Sorry Sparks we did not ask your permission when we made application for membership some years ago!
    What are you on about Declan, the NRPAI were the ones joined the WFSA without asking the constituent bodies...

BryanL wrote:
    i can never understand why people feel the need to always be in line with the UK?
    To avoid reinventing the wheel.
    And it's not just the UK, it's the EU too.
    can't we manage ourselves?
    Evidently not!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

I think you'll find the fee change wasn't a political decision, rather one made by civil servants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Absolutely agree Civdef. Someone looked at the licence fees and asked "when was the last increase?" then did a little compounding and rounded them up to a nice handy number that could be defended on the basis of "it's only x% a year since the last increase, in line with inflation yada, yada, yada"

No actual thought involved.

In which case, easily reversed or avoided.

Except it was passed in the Finance Bill. One of my local TDs is on the Finance and Public Accounts committees, waiting for a call back from him.

Still easily avoided and reversed civ. Put a change in the 2008 budget or finance bill and with the sorry exception of anyone getting a new licence between Jan 1 2008 and when the new budget comes into effect, noone else has to pay these fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

I wrote an angry letter to my to local FF TD's, Sean Power and Sean O' Fearghaill last night. I'll stick it up here when i get home tonight. Every little helps. don't just moaning about it lets just be proactive for once. We might not change anything but in the words of Steve Earle "If ya don't vote don't bitch"

• Advertisement

Anyone know where to get a list of all the local representitives

Your local authority's website will have it - if you're talking about county / city councillors etc. This would be an area outside their remit, so you'd be depending on them to intercede with TD's etc for you - can be surprisingly effective if they're "well-in".

If you're talking about TD's, go to www.oireachtas.ie or to the relevant party website.

These details will also be in your phone book - politicians are keen to get their contact details out and about.

And politics.ie has a list of all confirmed candidates for the 2007 general election which may be useful.

Thank you, got all the addresses there

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

Has anyone a contact in the Farmers Journal? I'm sure they would do a campaign.

Simply tell every FF candidate you'll be voting for FG if fee is not repealed

Might be nice to get FG candidates on side first, won't do much good if they won't support our case.

Sparks wrote:
    And politics.ie has a list of all confirmed candidates for the 2007 general election which may be useful.

Best list sofar Sparks,you can "zero in " on your local lot really nicely.
    TIP if you are emailing your local hopegul,make sure you cc it to Bertie Ahern, Brian Cowen and especially Mr Micheal Mc Dowell:mad:
    The more those three get repitious emails the better.:)

Sparks wrote:
    I'm apparently on ClareFM tomorrow at 1140 to talk about this btw. So at least four sheep will be well informed :)
    In the words of everyone who's done something like this for the first time; feck, that was fast. And I wasn't really happy with it either. Was more prepared to have a bit more time, the "we have 40 seconds left" bit tends to kick your preperation out the window.

I think we need to get more media training in for our PROs!

Anyone make a recording of it?

• Advertisement

Take a leaf from the politicos.Get one or max two points across and get them well across.There is a brilliant book on this How you can influence the media,by Paladin press,usa.If anyone in the PRO line of things wants a copy,I will loan it out.

Advertisement