Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB shafting P2P traffic agian?

Options
  • 06-04-2007 8:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

I can't seem to use Direct Connect at all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

who is IPP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Uthred

My torrent speeds have dropped to about one eighth of what I was getting since wednesday. Dropped an email to their support address, but nothing back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Everyone in the country is on the internet at the same
    time cos there is nothing else to do.

Internet is dog slow for me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Nothing wrong with my IBB speed....

(And no, they are not illegal torrents, they're BF2 mods)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I can't access Google. Huzzah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 fkm

Yep, have noticed a big drop off in speeds with IBB (down to max 20-30 kbps, upload speeds also affected). I've tried everything with the router and firewalls but seems the problem is with the ISP. I've also noticed Limewire is unable to connect anymore even with ports forwarded etc... Anyone else have this problem with IBB?

They do claim on their website that they don't traffic shape/ port limit so not sure what's going on but there does seem to be an issue...

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Last week my torrent speeds were amazing, i was getting a constant 340kbps downloading hd trailers and the like off the new azureus service, Now the max i get is like 29kbps which really sucks because all of the high def content looks amazing on my computer and now it will take me days to download something ffs, maybe they reduce peoples speed when you download a certain amount? i downloaded 3 or 4 gigs easily of high def video then my speed dropped off completely

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Seems to have been throttled between today and yesterday for a file i'm downloading:

From the commandline client:

download rate: 8.7 KB/s
    upload rate: 23.9 KB/s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

They're definitely doing something, my linux torrents have dropped from about 90-200kb to about 9-35kb in the last week or so. Upload speeds are still peaking at about 150kb, so it looks like it's just download speeds that are effected.

The speeds were ok for the last month or so but now things are going downhill rapidly.

here's the stats i have now:

download rate: 0.2 KB/s
    upload rate: 0.3 KB/s
    share rating: 3.571 (304.1 MB up / 85.1 MB down)
    seed status: 13 seen now
    peer status: 14 seen now

totally ridiculous! I'm quite new to Bit torrent but these seem crazy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I'm also seeing the same sort of crap performance in the last few days.

Now it's zero! Yikes!

Advertisement