Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Dreamcast problem with genuine game.

Options
  • 06-04-2007 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in Arcade/Retro but I thought here might get more replies.

Strange problem here. I have a European PAL Dreamcast (Rev 1). I was in London a week ago, picked up a few games in Gamestation, one being Chu Chu Rocket.

This game was new, sealed and a European PAL version. For some reason it won't boot up on my DC. When powering on with the disc it just goes to the main menu. When I click on play, it seems to attempt to boot but falls back to the main menu again. :confused:

Disc is scratch free and is genuine (not a rip from the net). DC can play other Euro Pal games as well as back-ups.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Well, as long as it's booting other DC games, then all i can think is that it might be a dodgy disk, which is horribly bad luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

That's probably the reason alright. :(

Pretty rare problem if it is. In all my years of gaming I have never came across a cartridge or disc that was bad.

Ah well it did only cost 99p!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmnn,

I'll be in London for the weekend, and I wouldn't mind picking up a DC game or two, what GameStop store were you in, or do many of them still carry older games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

it's Gamestation.

Check them out here: http://www.gamestation.co.uk/

Store Locator here: http://www.gamestation.co.uk/store_locator/

Pretty decent chain, pretty of new and second-hand games for current consoles, and nearly all shops have a retro section with consoles, accessories and games.

The one in London I was in, was in Camden Town. Decent enough stock of stuff, not as good as the branch I was in before, in Maidenhead Berkshire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Man that's bad luck. Back in the day all european gamers (including myself) got Chu-Chu Rocket for free. First online game I ever played. Great little number.

• Advertisement
Advertisement