Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Actions from the CGP AGM - whats the story?

Options
  • 06-04-2007 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

About (or over) a year ago there was an AGM for Cuala where some of the main issues of concern were raised by residents of the Grove & Park - the state of parking and driving in general (including the use the superquinn carpark as a kiddie-racer hangout) and the condition/maintenance of the green areas across the board.

A number of actions and suggestions were taken away by Cuala/the then newly-formed Res. Ass.. Things like the installation of speed ramps, improved gardening upkeep, a security barriers at the carpark of Superquinn, resolution of the "path to nowhere" at the front of Charlesland Grove, update on the satellite dishes rules etc. We were told a number of meetings were to be set up with people to review and propose solutions (again, I think over a year ago??)

Just wondering if theres anyone out there sitting on either of these committees that has any kind of update at all as it seems that a large portion of the new and busy threads on here are still voicing the same old concerns over and over: speeding, parking, dishes...

Has there been any kind of traction or movement in getting anything done about anything or when can we expect some kind of a formalised update as sometimes it seems we're going around in circles here. :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anniec

I was onto Cuala in relation to another matter and enquired when the AGM was to be held and they have'nt finalised anything yet however it would be in June or July!

I gave them feedback to say it was ridiculous to have it then cause alot of people would be away!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭TnJ

Also, I was quite annoyed during the week to see the overflowing of the black litter bins in the comon areas in particular the one off the spine road outside the wood where the shuttle bus picks up people in the morning.
    The rubbish was flowing from the bin onto the path. This is clearly anacceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Grovey

anniec wrote:
    I was onto Cuala in relation to another matter and enquired when the AGM was to be held and they have'nt finalised anything yet however it would be in June or July!

I gave them feedback to say it was ridiculous to have it then cause alot of people would be away!!!!

Hi, have you read the pages of notes of the 6th June meeting?

Hubby and me were at the meeting and thought the committee were treated very unfairly by Bernie Eustace from Cuala. Looks like she does not have a lot of respect for the residents or the commitee. I emailed her a few times asking why the fees went up and nobody replied. The notes say the meeting was called because of stuff posted on here I think. cant believe that, why does she not answer my questions instead of reading the internet. I wonder how much that meeting cost us?

Was funny that some small fella up the front said that he was a law abiding citizen because he did not have a satellite dish! i have one at the back, am I a criminal? He said the same about someone who had a dog run over, that a law abiding citizen would not have a dog. nice neighbour :eek:

Good to see the committee saved us a lot of money getting a snag list done. A bit strange that Bernie tried to nearly put them on trial because they did not give her three quotes. What's she about? It looked to me like all she was interested in was saying how good Durkans where and how lucky we were to have him and her working for us and make the comittee look bad :eek: Whenever this AGM is, i'm going to be ready with plenty to say about Durkan and Cuala. I can not even grow grass out the back and Durkan will not do anything about it. The notes say the committee are trying to get Durkan to do stuff but he is not even replying. must be annoying and we should help them out.

And why am I paying for a bus me or the hubby do not use? good idea by one of the comittee to try and make only people on the bus pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

The bus is a service provided and was a stipulation of the planning permission. At least it's a visible indication of where some of the money is going!

I don't use the greens or look at the shrubs, so perhaps I don't have to pay for those....

I can't speak for how good or bad Cuala are (I'm in the Wood), but certainly wouldn't accept that it's up to the residents themselves to get three quotes. Surely that's part of the role of the AGENT?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,938 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the bus would not survive as a fare-paying service (quite aside from the licensing issues that would be involved). Many of the people currently using it have the use of a car, or have a Dublin Bus ticket, and would stop using it if they had to pay.

Perhaps if it was extended to eden gate, but even then I doubt it. Very few of Dublin Bus's services break even. I doubt the reduction in service charges would be significant either.

• Advertisement

Grovey wrote:
    Hi, have you read the pages of notes of the 6th June meeting?

Hubby and me were at the meeting and thought the committee were treated very unfairly by Bernie Eustace from Cuala. Looks like she does not have a lot of respect for the residents or the commitee. I emailed her a few times asking why the fees went up and nobody replied. The notes say the meeting was called because of stuff posted on here I think. cant believe that, why does she not answer my questions instead of reading the internet. I wonder how much that meeting cost us?

Was funny that some small fella up the front said that he was a law abiding citizen because he did not have a satellite dish! i have one at the back, am I a criminal? He said the same about someone who had a dog run over, that a law abiding citizen would not have a dog. nice neighbour :eek:

Good to see the committee saved us a lot of money getting a snag list done. A bit strange that Bernie tried to nearly put them on trial because they did not give her three quotes. What's she about? It looked to me like all she was interested in was saying how good Durkans where and how lucky we were to have him and her working for us and make the comittee look bad :eek: Whenever this AGM is, i'm going to be ready with plenty to say about Durkan and Cuala. I can not even grow grass out the back and Durkan will not do anything about it. The notes say the committee are trying to get Durkan to do stuff but he is not even replying. must be annoying and we should help them out.

And why am I paying for a bus me or the hubby do not use? good idea by one of the comittee to try and make only people on the bus pay.

had a look at my fees, we pay €46000 just for Cuala and about €80 each annually for the bus. I get benefit of having the grass cut because I live here and I have to look at it, that is obvious. I dont get any benefit of a bus I dont use. it might be in the planing permission but not that we have to pay for it. we should stop paying for it and see what happens but I should not have to pay for a bus I dont use.

I dont see any value out of €46000 paid to Cuala every year and the meeting made me think I get even less.

as for being a law abiding citizen, whoever said that has something wrong with them. NTL is terrible so I have dish on the back of my house so I am a criminal :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

Grovey wrote:
    had a look at my fees, we pay €46000 just for Cuala and about €80 each annually for the bus. I get benefit of having the grass cut because I live here and I have to look at it, that is obvious. I dont get any benefit of a bus I dont use. it might be in the planing permission but not that we have to pay for it. we should stop paying for it and see what happens but I should not have to pay for a bus I dont use.

It amazes me how short-sighted people can be when it comes to the issue of shuttle bus! I don't use it myself anymore either, but I think it's absolutely necessary for the estate. First of all, it's a selling point, if one ever wants to sell their house: people would be more inclined to buy a place when they know they can easily access public transport. Also, it reduces the rush-hour flow of cars in an out of estate, making it (very slightly) safer and easier for those who have cars. 80 euros per years is a very small fee to pay for such a service, and I don't mind that at all. There are people who bought houses here on the basis that they have easy access to dart using that bus, and it wouldn't be good for them to cease the service...

I we want to go by your logic: I don't use the lighting in general areas, I can carry MY OWN torch with me everyway, so why do I have to pay for the upkeep of that?

I can come up with many more silly examples but I think one is enough!

MuffinsDa wrote:
    It amazes me how short-sighted people can be when it comes to the issue of shuttle bus! I don't use it myself anymore either, but I think it's absolutely necessary for the estate. First of all, it's a selling point, if one ever wants to sell their house: people would be more inclined to buy a place when they know they can easily access public transport. Also, it reduces the rush-hour flow of cars in an out of estate, making it (very slightly) safer and easier for those who have cars. 80 euros per years is a very small fee to pay for such a service, and I don't mind that at all. There are people who bought houses here on the basis that they have easy access to dart using that bus, and it wouldn't be good for them to cease the service...

I we want to go by your logic: I don't use the lighting in general areas, I can carry MY OWN torch with me everyway, so why do I have to pay for the upkeep of that?

I can come up with many more silly examples but I think one is enough!

Ash you are right that is a silly examp[le and not logical. read my post and you would see that I said I see value out of fees for grass cutting, so to save you any more silly examples you can apply that to lighting and anything else which obviously I get value from. not that I think I should have to pay taxes and pay again to have my streets lit but at least I am paying for something I use.

you think the bus is a selling point:confused: it might be if you lie to your buyer and tell them it is a free service. so you are honest and tell your buyer there is a bus service they might never use but they have to pay €70 a year so their neighbours can use it. that is a great selling point ! anyway a lot of posts semm to be about selling houses. i am not selling my house now or if ever so i want value now not in 20 years when i have paid €1400 for a bus i don't use, and €2000 for Cuala fees for next to nothing.

you think it is ok to just accept your fees without asking questions. lucky for us the resident comittee doesnt think that way. did you say any thing at the meeting about your views because i dont think any one would agree with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

Grovey wrote:
    you think the bus is a selling point:confused: it might be if you lie to your buyer and tell them it is a free service. so you are honest and tell your buyer there is a bus service they might never use but they have to pay €70 a year so their neighbours can use it. that is a great selling point !

If you don't agree with the bus service, simply reduce your managment fee by €80... you seem very passionate about this.

And if you think the day will never come that your car won't start and you can't be late... i can guarantee you'll be loving the bus that day!!

Ru wrote:
    If you don't agree with the bus service, simply reduce your managment fee by €80... you seem very passionate about this.

And if you think the day will never come that your car won't start and you can't be late... i can guarantee you'll be loving the bus that day!!

if i do need the bus i would be happy to pay for it !! you know there are pensioners in charlesland paying so that workers can get a bus to earn money, why should they pay?

good uyseful suggestion about reducing the fee, can i reduce it because i think the managing company cuala are a waste of my €90 a year to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Grovey wrote:
    if i do need the bus i would be happy to pay for it !! you know there are pensioners in charlesland paying so that workers can get a bus to earn money, why should they pay?

good uyseful suggestion about reducing the fee, can i reduce it because i think the managing company cuala are a waste of my €90 a year to?

I don't use the bus but my wife does...she's on maternity leave at the moment so I reckon we only need pay for the bus for half the year...that only seems fair?!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement