Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl saws

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Yorky wrote:
    I was thinking of getting a general purpose saw or a jigsaw and next Thursday Lidl have both! Has anyone any experience of either of the saws in question ? Are they good quality? Could the sabre saw this be used as a jigsaw also? See http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages...ectricSabreSaw
    and http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages...ElectricJigsaw
    Edit/Delete Message

Forget the Sabre saw ...... it's only really suitable for for special jobs and will break your heart if it's the only electric saw you have (I do have one myself and one day it will solve a real problem job but not day to day stuff)

I don't have the Jig saw because I already have a good Hitachi ..... however it will do loads of jobs and if you don't have a jig saw buy the LIDL .... I've purchased lots of electric tools from LIDL and been very pleased with them ....

07_0786_b.jpg

07_2640_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I noticed that the add says that the sabre saw will cut wood and plastic, but the add shows a guy cutting auminium or steel.

IMO Sabre saws are great for some DIY work, like preparing wooden floors for lifting etc they get down beteen the boards better than a jig saw and you wont break near as many blades., the jig is also good for this but not as quick as the sabre saw, the sabre saw is also great for cutting out plaster board etc, they are fast but crude

I'm not one for buying cheapo tools, but I'm on my second BLack and Decker Scorpion saw, it's about twice the price of the lidl sabre saw (but its still a cheapo tool) but it has a very nice wood blade with a neat notch at the top, its very very good for cross cutting floor boards at the joists. This sabre saw does not have this type of blade

Anyway I agree with Hobie about getting the jigsaw first, and if you were only getting one, then the jig is your man.

I'd only get the sabre saw if i had a job for it, like Hobie said they are good for certain things, I need to lift floor boards a few times a year, so I have one, they are a bit rough for most jobs around the house.

Advertisement