Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Company Of Heroes Announced

Options
  • 06-04-2007 1:35pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭

And it is not just an expansion, it is a stand alone game.

From IGN
    Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts Announced

The war branches out as we get a new stand alone game in the Company of Heroes franchise.

April 5, 2007 - We got the good news today that we'll be seeing the next Company of Heroes come out later this year. The game isn't your traditional expansion pack with Relic and THQ going the way they did with Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade. This will be a stand-alone game that anyone can pick up and play with or without the original game installed. It's pretty unsurprising given how successful that endeavor was with Dark Crusade.

This time around Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts will give players the opportunity to wear the uniform of both the British forces storming France to liberate Caen or the German Panzer Elite as the battle against the largest airborne invasion of the war during Market Garden. These two new campaigns will be a good stepping stone to pushing into the online space as both will be available in skirmish and multiplayer. Those who have the original Company of Heroes installed on their PC will be able to access the US forces as well as the basic German army as well as the new British and Panzer Elite armies.

It also looks like Company of Heroes is moving a little into a bit of the persistence that we've seen in previous Relic games like Homeworld and Dark Crusade where units persist from battle to battle. It also seems that the impressive Essence engine has been improved for this new title including some enhanced physics, dynamic weather, improved AI, and more. Opposing Fronts will also support DirectX 10 right out of the box.

If you want some more info, you can check out Relicnews.com and the podcast they have with Lead Designer Josh Mosqueira and Producer Shane Neville.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

No release date announced yet so it could be a a few months away I'd say. Looks great and I like the idea of playing as the Germans also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Pyr0 wrote:
    No release date announced yet so it could be a a few months away I'd say. Looks great and I like the idea of playing as the Germans also.

Autumn 2007

Advertisement