Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first date!!!!???

Options
  • 06-04-2007 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

hey, met a girl recently and am going out with her next week for first date.....i have been on so many dates over the last year as single since then and i have not had a problem.....i just bring the girl to a pub and have a few drinks and usually goes really well, i date for a while and then end things.......but this time i already feel something.....she is GORGEOUS....but not just that, shes really lovely, happy, and great to chat to....i met her in a pub and asked for her no. ....QUESTION I HAVE REALLY IS......WHERE WILL I BRING HER AND WHAT SHOULD WE DO??? really appreciate any answers...i really want this to be THE ONE...!!!! thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A/s/l?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Bring her out for noodles or spaghetti and watch the awkwarndess unfold before your eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You may have better luck Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭smokie78

hey biko.....29/ dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Bring her home and ride her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

bring her to the zoo and hope that you catch some monkeys at it, so that you can safely bring up the subject of going back to yours for the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭smokie78

haha thanks lads....id love to do that....but seriously.....before that????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Question: do you have easy access to Rohypnol?

If yes, take her wine-tasting. Actually that might be a good idea :confused: Not necessarily the Rohypnol part, but if there's anywhere near you that does wine-tasting, that could be a laugh (and you get her drunk at the same time).

If no, then the zoo could be cute (if it's a nice day obviously). Or somewhere else outdoors, cos you might as well make good use of the weather while we have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

smokie78 wrote:
    hey biko.....29/ dublin
    At that age the zoo prob won't cut it on a first date. The Boards ladies and Pighead may disagree with me here though.

If you have a car and she trusts you enough to get into it :D try Newgrange in the day or the scenic mountains at night. Go to some nice pub, remember - you can't drink drive but she can have a few ;)

You'd probably have better luck in the Dublin forum since those lads knows the city best.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

This thread was moved over to the Dublin forum from AH (Mods: Please ignore/edit/burn the previous responses as you see fit.). Reasoning: the OP has not expressed any desire to venture outside of Dublin on the "date"...!!11!!!! The userbase here knows better about Dublin...!!!1!!!!eleventy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Weather's picking up now. Prepare a picnic and have it in UCD in that big field on the right as you enter from the Clonskeagh side. Bring music and some cold wine and some blankets. Food too, something that isn't messy or undignified to eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

baztard wrote:
    Bring her home and ride her.

quite an apporpriate name for that response, well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Bring her on a bus tour of Dublin. Done it has a first date with a previous boyfriend and we had such a brilliant time. Learn loads about Dublin and you can go the Guinness Brewery and stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

The picnic idea is quite good actually. That'd give you a chance to get to talk without having to raise your voice like in a pub. So much fun just lazing and chatting in the sun. Would be a nice, relaxed atmosphere and if things went well you could go somewhere after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

biko wrote:
    A/s/l?
    smokie78 wrote:
    hey biko.....29/ dublin

Excellent.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I highly recommend a shooting trip. It worked for me, I'm married to the last one I took to the range. It's different, allows for conversation, and can mandate physical contact (Hand-to-hand or even arms around) if you work it right...

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

biko wrote:
    At that age the zoo prob won't cut it on a first date. The Boards ladies and Pighead may disagree with me here though.

If you have a car and she trusts you enough to get into it :D try Newgrange in the day or the scenic mountains at night. Go to some nice pub, remember - you can't drink drive but she can have a few ;)

You'd probably have better luck in the Dublin forum since those lads knows the city best.

So you would bring your date up to the mountains during the night then...mm, interesting!

I would go for either the wine testing or shooting myself. Both have advantages and disadvantages so you're going to have to weigh them up yourself. One thing about the wine testing is that neither of you will be able to drive so you will probably need to share a cab.... (may not be a bad thing but it could backfire)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

also a ska music gig, everyone loves ska, so much energy at the gigs, your a big sweaty mess, when you see each other after....and you still wanna lob it in, ya know its love

Advertisement