Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nasty "Who's got Xmas Decorations still up" thread!!

• 06-04-2007 1:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭

Just want to say that is the nastiest thread I have ever come across on boards!!

Why??

......It keeps crashing my browser (IE7)..........on all my PC's???:D

Whats up with that? Every other thread works perfectly. Soon as I click on that thread my browser dies!!:eek:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It was a user spamming youtube links. Posts in AH deleted, site ban requested etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Damn, meant to post this in Feedback. Sorry.

Was it the actual spam links crashing the browser or just that the mods were working on that thread when I was trying to access it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Calibos wrote:
    Damn, meant to post this in Feedback. Sorry.

Was it the actual spam links crashing the browser or just that the mods were working on that thread when I was trying to access it?

Probably the number of youtube links being rendered at once or something. I don't think us doing things to the thread would crash your browser. Then, I'm not a techie type tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

nesf wrote:
    Probably the number of youtube links being rendered at once or something. I don't think us doing things to the thread would crash your browser. Then, I'm not a techie type tbh.
    heh, Lynx ftw! I was still able to browse it :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Few someone got rid of that spammer.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

He posted the same spam on a number of threads but funnily enough they didn't crash Firefox on my machine. It was really slow but Firefox coped with it :)

Advertisement