Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Car Show Woodlands Hotel

• 06-04-2007 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Just a heads up for anyone who wants to gaze at some lovely old metal in the sun on Sunday from midday. Woodlands Hotel is on the Dunmore road.

map_2.gif

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

I've twice previously driven to City West in Dublin to see this show/sale and have always enjoyed it. good to see it coming to Waterford. Hope they get as good a turnout here as in citywest.
    For those who dont know what to expect, basicially its just a big outdoor gathering of classic cars, mostly from the 60's/70's/80's and most if not all of them are for sale. (leave the check book at home) There's usually some interesting motors in the visitors car park too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was going to be there but I'm too sick! :(

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I wonder was that why the traffic was mental on the Dunmore road about 2 today? I hit it at the park and it took me about 15 mins to make Statoil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

Went to this early enough so there were probably more cars later on, but some cool ones there when we went to have a look anyway. There were a couple of Jag E-types that were particularly gorgeous, I'd love one of those cars! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Had a look there myself but forgot to bring the camera:o There was a lovely '67 Ford Mustang Shelby that couldn't help but catch everybodys' attention:D

Did anybody get any pics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

Maharet wrote:
    Went to this early enough so there were probably more cars later on, but some cool ones there when we went to have a look anyway. There were a couple of Jag E-types that were particularly gorgeous, I'd love one of those cars! :)

Yeah, those E type Jags were nice. The Yellow one is actually a Waterford based car thats been for sale for ages now at a mere €37500.00! Coincidentally thats exactly the asking price my landlord wanted for a house in Riverview that I was renting in 1992. I could'nt afford it then and I still can't now!
    In hindsight the house would have been the best investment of my life...not so sure about the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

Heh, yeah the house prob would have been the better investment, but wouldn't have been as cool as the pretty car. ;)

Pics of some of the cars:
    http://pics.livejournal.com/vixen_ie/gallery/0000sfws

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

I was there and took some photos.Posted them on the classic motors thread .
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=256944&page=30
    You have to scroll down 17 posts to see the photos .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 emer_bee

Hey there,

If i'm coming from Dublin where would I head for in Carlow?? Please :):):D:D

Advertisement