Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro Coverage Map / Vodafone 3G

Options
  • 06-04-2007 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

I'm living in Whites Cross, Co. Cork. Could someone please give me a link to the coverage of the metro area's?

They said last year that they were putting a mast over the road from me so I think there's a chance I might be able to get it.

I can't get anything else, IBB came out last year and said I was too far away from their mast, I fail the Eircom line test every time. I'm using Vodafone's 3G service atm but its hardly Broadband when the top download speed is 6kb.

Note: Another thing about the Vodafone 3G, they gave me a E618 data card last year when I wanted the other one. Would there be a big difference between the speed of the E618 and the E620?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Bare in mind that some vodafone masts are standard 3G while others are 3.5G (HSDPA) which is their 3G broadband service.
    It's an upgrade to the initial 3G service.

If you're connected to a 3G site that hasn't yet been upgraded, you'll get speeds that are really not very fast, they're aimed at providing video content on mobile handsets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Indicative coverage of Whites Cross - Blue is an area covered but does not guarantee line of sight (Trees etc could impact)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

If you can get vodafone 3G you should definetly be able to get 3 3G and most of their 3G masts are now HSPDA so you will have download speeds of a lot faster than 6kb
    highly recommend it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

The vast majority of Vodafone's 3G masts have also been upgraded to HSDPA. If you look at their coverage map on their web site, which was recently updated, you'll see that there's only a few not upgraded in the whole country. Even my little town got upgraded last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

crawler wrote:
    Indicative coverage of Whites Cross - Blue is an area covered but does not guarantee line of sight (Trees etc could impact)

Hi Crawler ...can you post a similar pic of digiweb coverage in Galway County?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

The vast majority of Vodafone's 3G masts have also been upgraded to HSDPA. If you look at their coverage map on their web site, which was recently updated, you'll see that there's only a few not upgraded in the whole country. Even my little town got upgraded last year.

Now if we could only get them to upgrade ALL their masts to HSDPA it would be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Guys,

On coverage maps - we will have these up on our web site in the coming weeks....sorry for the delay but all our coverage areas are being mapped in a "user friendly" way...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

crawler wrote:
    our coverage areas are being mapped in a "user friendly" way...
    "for thicks" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭niallb

Dean820 wrote:
    Note: Another thing about the Vodafone 3G, they gave me a E618 data card last year when I wanted the other one. Would there be a big difference between the speed of the E618 and the E620?

There can be a huge difference in speed.
    Max 384k as against max 1.8M

This thread discusses the issue.
    If you bought it after they advertised the speed, you should be entitled to an upgrade.
    If you bought it before September, maybe not.

Advertisement