Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone with an electric boiler or anyone that knows about them....

Options
  • 06-04-2007 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

Renting an apt... Water is heated at night using elec n kept in a storage tank. No idea how it works, I know we're on the nightsaver and there's no controls for the boiler, only a boost timer for extra hot water.

Thing is... Its crap. U get one shower a day out of it and another luke warm/cold shower. It uses 1 1/2 times as many units by itself in 9 hours than we use in 15 hours during the day. The boost uses a wack of elec and dont feel i should need to use it..

There's 2 of us here, our bi-monthly bills are averaging about €225. Is this normal?? It seems exessive to me and the water heating is crap. I'd rather the boiler was turned off n we got an elec shower installed. Other than the shower we've no real need for it...

So all im asking is if anyone has a similar setup, what do they think of it??

Advertisement