Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art History

Options
  • 06-04-2007 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi,
    My Art teacher is somewhat incompetant, and has neglected to teach us any art history at all. None of us now what it entails, Artists or Some such. I dont really know. None of us do. He tends to focus his attention on keeping the Unruly morons busy. He plays with Photoshop and Ejay on his Mac with them, and crap like that.

So, Can anyone give me a quick list of what to study for the Art history?

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 lennykravitz

hey, thats a disgrace!
    anyway the good news is that art history revision is easy to narrow down. Download all the exam papers from examinations.ie and you'll see that a lot of the same stuff comes up a lot.
    Irish Section - newgrange, bronze age, la tene, stone crosses, book of kells/cathach/ .......that should cover ya there
    **georgian architecture is meant to appear quite regularly also

European Section - i'm gonna concentrate on the early and high renaissance painting and impressionism, both of which are very popular.
    **apparantly gothic architecture is v. popular(our teacher never covered it)
    Art Appreciation - i presume your class hasnt been brought to an exhibition, which is probably a shame since its the easiest question. Your best bet is either going to an exhibition or getting your hands on a less stress more success which has some sample answers on that topic.

Anyway our teacher isnt great either, but our situation is nowhere near yours!
    the web is brilliant for notes on all areas of art history by the way.
    Any questions dont hesitate to ask, best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Andeh

Thanks dude!
    Thats a massive help.

Advertisement