Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

The Holy Gospel of the Easter Rabbit

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A single reason for not wearing burkha :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

robindch wrote: »

LOL"Nearly finished. It went on very long. This must be how lay people feel.":pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Read this in the comment sections in NewScientist. Gave me a small little chuckle.:)

Aren't we supposed to learn from history? I /we may have identified the problem... maybe because of its connection to Higher Authority, the Bible scares people away. So try renaming it "The Ancient History of Humanity Containing Most of the Mistakes Possible for the Period", then those who value learning from history and avoiding those mistakes might take up the reading and save us from reinventing an old moral/legal/ philosophical "wheel". Oh, well, I tried.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I had to laugh at the "but batman is fictional" argument

jesus-vs-batman.jpg

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I can't believe I just read an entire Facebook argument on Batman versus Jesus. :o

That said,
    Batman_VS_Jesus_by_leifleif.jpg&sa=X&ei=jYS9TcLHCYSFhQe4_oTSBQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEL8jfXmC16CIALFLeVFYWVNau_ag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

This is a brilliant idea :D
    Gideons International are well known for leaving Bibles in hotel rooms. Problem is, I don't really want a Bible in my hotel room, any more than I want a Koran or Book of Mormon.

If I want one, I'll bring my own.

Some people like to take the Bibles home, but that is stealing. Other people like to write notes, but that is vandalism.

That's why I like to Hide the Bible.

tumblr_lkdi2c7DVv1qjzgmto1_500.jpg

tumblr_lkdjabfKCd1qjzgmto1_500.jpg

No doubt some will find the Bible in some odd place and take it as a sign :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Galvasean wrote: »
    I can't believe I just read an entire Facebook argument on Batman versus Jesus. :o

That said,
    Batman_VS_Jesus_by_leifleif.jpg&sa=X&ei=jYS9TcLHCYSFhQe4_oTSBQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEL8jfXmC16CIALFLeVFYWVNau_ag

Why does Jesus have a hammer? Didn't Thor piss Him off enough already?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Malty_T wrote: »
    Why is Jesus black?! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

He's not black - he's racially representative.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

He's not black, he looks like one of the Bee Gees.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

they should produce a pocket guide.

http://www.rowdydow.co.uk/eotw/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

priestly_standards.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Malty_T wrote: »

Looks like a wooden mallet which would be befitting as Jesus was said to be a carpenter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Stolen from YLYL :D

staredad-bible.jpg

54327.jpg?v=1

NYOMNYOM NYOM!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

The majority of the Wicked Bible's copies were immediately cancelled and burned

Why couldn't they just write it in or reprint that page and rebind it or whatever.

Always with the burning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

eoin5 wrote: »
    Why couldn't they just write it in or reprint that page and rebind it or whatever.

Always with the burning!

A reminder that the bible is a fallible book translated and printed by fallible men? Best to burn it after all...

A reminder that the bible is a fallible book translated and printed by fallible men?

No no no!!!! The Bible is completely infallible because it is the word of God which makes it infallible. It has not been mistranslated, altered or edited in any way (except that one time, but that was nipped in the bud).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

No no no!!!! The Bible is completely infallible because it is the word of God which makes it infallible. It has not been mistranslated, altered or edited in any way (except that one time, but that was nipped in the bud).

Or that time he was distracted by a squirrel with a fluffy tail and didn't see Matthew accidentally attribute a prophecy by Zechariah to Jeremy :D

Here puff puff

(Please no apologist corrections. If you think I'm wrong assume I was joking)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Well, perhaps not all that successfully:

Religious evangelists implemented a plan named "Pray for Newark" (website here) in which religious evangelists would attempt to deploy one believer per street in the city, whose responsibility it was to pray and walk around that street alone. Following implementation, they claimed credit in March last year, for the city's first murder-free month since 1966.

Some months later, and possibly buoyed by this success and certainly under financial pressure, Newark's mayor fired over 150 cops. Without batting so much as an omnipotent eyelid, God stopped listening to the prayers and instead caused the annual rates of shootings, theft and murder to rise by 30%, 40% and 70% respectively.

http://www.talk2action.org/story/2011/5/3/91235/90609/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Without batting so much as an omnipotent eyelid, God stopped listening to the prayers and instead caused the annual rates of shootings, theft and murder to rise by 30%, 40% and 70% respectively.
    Cops > God

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭DeBunny

:confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

157756.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

From Peter Serafinowicz (@Serafinowicz) on twitter:
    I wonder if there's a ninja whose wife is an orthodox Muslim.

157756.jpg

What a ****!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement