Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

vibe666 wrote: »
    165304.png

Science is a collective endeavour. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Malty_T wrote: »
    Science is a collective endeavour.
    Indeedy :)

robindch wrote: »
    Indeedy :)

I'm still trying to find my slip up :o
    Right now the puzzle mirrors present day modern physics hehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I'm still trying to find my slip up :o
    Right now the puzzle mirrors present day modern physics hehe.

There are 2 1's in the 2nd last row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

and you're missing one in the bottom middle square.

YOU JUST BEEN PEER REVIEWED BITCH!

Ahh goddammit when I exported the canvas and used paint for a screenshot the clipboard was cleared. I was gonna show you the step by step method I used so someone could see my mistake. Now I can't even see my own steps. Method Replication fail.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

This was about as far as I got.

2011-06-30%25252016.06.25.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

The Onion: Kansas Outlaws the Practice of Evolution
    The sweeping new law prohibits all living beings within state borders from being born with random genetic mutations that could make them better suited to evade predators, secure a mate, or, adapt to a changing environment. In addition, it bars any sexual reproduction, battles for survival, or instances of pure happenstance that might lead, after several generations, to a more well-adapted species or subspecies.

• Advertisement

American catholic fundamentalist visits Dublin and is so shocked at what he finds that he has to scare-quote catholics in the video title!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

American catholic fundamentalist visits Dublin and is so shocked at what he finds that he has to scare-quote catholics in the video title!

And most of these people ticked 'Catholic' in the census I bet.

CatholicTV is a 'low price of just $10 a month for the Premium service'..

http://youtu.be/SaGj1rJdPKo

I ****ing loved that. The presenter was presenting something that was meant to utterly depress the viewer and I was ****ing thrilled!

Best bit :
    "The Catholic Church is the only hope against evil."
    "Because that is it's God given mission. As our Lord said..."

Your one at 1:44 is a total plank though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

It has to sit on a floating steel barge, and it carries 1500 people and 2 chickens.

Poe's Ark?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

An replica of the Ark

For the Lord said, "She won't stay on her own, slap some carbon steel in there for good measure!" Praised be!

you got to love the defence some people give when logic is brought into the argument.

From the comments:
    I noticed a few comments saying steel didn't exist back then... technology was ... blah... blah.. back then... but everyone seems to be forgetting something very important. The world was entirely different before the flood... and the level of technology back then is unknown to the general public today. For all you know, technology could have been very advanced back then... even reaching a level equaling or exceeding "the 19th Century". After the flood.. everything was wiped out... including the world's current level of technology and the survivors has to start over.

That is something for everyone to think about... no one factored in that "reset" or the starting over bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

That was great! Shows a lot of Irish to be less sheepish about the whole thing than I'd give us credit for. I stopped after he mentioned the Gay Rights movement though.

Any reason to continue watching?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Best youtubing ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Anyone else really cheered up by that video? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

amacachi wrote: »

Yep.
    Also love the bit at the end, Give us money and love Christ more!

• Moderators Posts: 51,799 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

quite a few of the "mammy makes me go to mass" group in that video.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement

Hundreds of Peruvians, including outgoing President, Alan Garcia, turned out on Wednesday to welcome the world's largest statue of Christ in Peru.
    The structure which measures 123 foot (37 metres) has caused controversy among Peruvians, but there was little evidence of that on Wednesday as the people of Peru celebrated its arrival with music and fireworks.
    The statue was officially inaugurated by President Garcia.
    'Our Lord, Jesus Christ, I ask you to bring peace to our country,' he said adding, 'Material things can do a lot, but nothing is worth anything if there is not a transcendental and different message, and that is what you have brought here.'
    Monsignor Bruno Musaro, the Apostolic Nuncio to Peru, was also in attendance at the ceremony.
    'I am very excited by this show of faith,' he said.
    Peruvians have been divided over the statue, with many saying the figure of Christ will intrude on Lima's skyline and that it too closely resembles the statue, Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro.
    The enormous structure was created in Brazil and transported to Peru in pieces, where it was assembled in the historic Morro Solar hill which overlooks Lima's bay and 19 kilometres of beach on the Pacific coast.
    Many citizens, including Lima's Mayor Susana Villaran have called into question the location of the statue and say its lighting system with 26 different colours will be an eyesore.
    Peru's newly erected statue of Christ is the tallest in the world.
    Second is the 120 foot (36 metre) Christ the King statue which was erected last year in Swiebodzin, Poland.
    Rio de Janeiro's world-famous 99 foot (30 metre) Christ the Redeemer came in third.

Source.

Them crazy Christians think Egyptians and Greeks are crazy with their statues.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

amacachi wrote: »
    Yes and no.

One major thing that struck me is how uncomfortable we are at talking openly about our religious belief. It seems that expressing any kind of critical view of catholicism is very much seen as "dirty". Most of them shuffled uncomfortably or cringed or made a bit of an "oh crap" face when asked why they don't go to mass. Obviously we should feel perfectly comfortable saying that we believe X and that's how we are, but 1500 years of catholic oppression will do that to a country I guess.

The census results have and will continue to reflect this.

Them crazy Christians think Egyptians and Greeks are crazy with their statues.:pac:
    Sod the Egyptians and Greeks. It's the Poles who must be the most pissed off with the Peruvians:

http://en.rian.ru/world/20101122/161435748.html

Six months and one meter.

^^^ Wonder why he's wearing something that could be pink:

0004bb2a-314.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

strobe wrote: »
    Best youtubing ever!

1:02 : "I believe in Jesus Kyuss"

Fúck Yeah!

Blatant repost and plagiarism from another recent thread but I thought this pic was class and hadn't seen it until now.
    050411100239_ZOMBIE_JESUS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Teddy_Picker

Ew! Never mind the state of the (kinda) godless Irish, someone needs to have a word with Fr. Fright-wig over that haircut! It looks like what you'd find on Donald Trump's dressing table!

/pulls back in claws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Marsha McMallow

tumblr_lnd4ikXYj51qh6rgho1_500.jpg

tumblr_lnktypQAYE1qze8f7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Not strictly religious, but was expecting a religious-themed punchline :D

(Stolen from YLYL)

2011-02-02-018.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Napoleon bonepart;

"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich"