Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

yay \o/, 10 out of 10 with 100% guesswork for me! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

eoin5 wrote: »
    10 without even reading all the questions :D

10 without reading any part of any of the questions

liamw wrote: »
    there's definitely an ongoing theme to the correct answers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Phallic Cross erected in old Abbey

212435785.jpg

Phallic cross in abbey sparks controversy

The otherwise peaceful seaside resort of Koksijde is the scene of quite a commotion these days as residents bicker about the erection of a phallic cross in the ruins of an abbey church.
    At issue is one exhibit in a summer exhibition: a white phallic cross with sizeable balls entitled Troika or Holy Trinity. Initially the artwork was placed where the altar used to stand, but has been moved to the side of the ruin following objections linked to an open air mass that is held in the ruins every year in August.

The artist Peter Delpelchin told VRT that his work has been painted white to emphasize virginity and purity and is a reference to the Roman Catholic Church that is battling with paedophile scandals.

The work's creator is a bit puzzled by the commotion and claims that the cross will now be even more visible for the faithful in its new location. He points to the debate his work has triggered and says that he hopes to make many more such works of art in the future.

Dirk Vanclooster, the abbey museum's head, says that the work should be displayed: "Art should lead to a dialogue. That's the social role of artists."

Koksijde alderman Jan Loones (Flemish nationalist) describes the work as "beautiful": It's not up to us to give a verdict on what the artist portrays. Peter Delpelchin is a promising artist and art teacher. We cherish his creativity."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭himnextdoor

liamw wrote: »

That's odd; I got 0/10 just for being gullible. Fancy that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

Nascar Prayer, buggity buggity buggity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

cavedave wrote: »

Nascar Prayer, buggity buggity buggity

Today's prayer is brought to you by…

"And lord, thank ya fur ma fine american made ferrari paid for by all the lovely patrons of my church."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

In today's Irish Times.

26.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

martyn turner jumped the shark many years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

probably reposted a few times already, but...

JSaRu.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

From reddit.
    Sure, I don't agree with their notion of white pride. And I don't believe in their desire to cut off all American foreign aid, nor their desire to outlaw homosexuality, nor their anti-abortion stance. I think their plans for creating a Christian nation are horrible and damaging. And I think their history of racism is a truly terrible thing.
    But there is a lot of good that comes out of being in the klan! A sense of community. A sense of belonging to something bigger than yourself. And some of the things they believe in, I also agree with. They believe in supporting strict environmental laws. They believe in balancing the budget. They stand behind states rights, and they strongly support veterans.
    Just because a few radical individuals did some terrible things in the past in the name of the Klan, that has nothing to do with how the Klan is today! Besides, those people weren't true Klansmen. A real, modern Klansman would never act like that!
    I can call myself a Klansman, even though I don't agree with everything they believe in. And I still go to a few Klan meetings each year, even though I disagree with some of their core tenets. I like the ceremonies, and some of the songs. I'm just choosing the parts that I like, and I'm going to with that, while I ignore the parts of The Klan that I disagree with.
    So really, there's nothing wrong with The Klan, or being a member. It's just a personal matter of how an individual chooses to live their life.
    I really don't understand why people have a problem with me being in the Klan!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

this one passed me by, or maybe it didn't and i forgot about it because it was ten years ago.
    satan is a sandal wearing hippy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/668048.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

this one passed me by, or maybe it didn't and i forgot about it because it was ten years ago.

Damn veggie, animal-loving pacifists — evil bastards, the lot of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Pygmalion wrote: »
    From reddit.

this comment made me lol
    you know the reason why 99.9999% of prayers aren't answered.. is because everyone is out of MP! You have to go out and start destroying things to get any and THEN pray. This is why prayers were more often answered during the Inquisition.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    From reddit.

Kinda like the Catholic church?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

ke403.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Why can't I see The Onion logo anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

YLYL:

178688_460s_v1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

40226418224236106553821.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

"hoes on my dick 'cuz I look like Jesus"

evolution for ID-iots. :)

not sure if funny or interesting.

vibe666 wrote: »
    evolution for ID-iots. :)

not sure if funny or interesting.

Wow! I'm the one on the left. And that's me Ma on the right.

Standman wrote: »
    "hoes on my dick 'cuz I look like Jesus"

Swearing ain't big and it's not clever. You could replace Jesus (or God) with my ex-girlfriend's name and this would make more sense.

• Moderators Posts: 51,799 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

If you can read this, you're too close!

ghEWu.jpg

Dragons were actually dinosaurs who just had trouble breathing oxygen after the flood. So they combusted themselves.

180937_460s.jpg

• Advertisement

vibe666 wrote: »
    180937_460s.jpg

That's the fuking brill.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement