Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

paddyandy wrote: »
    Humour has nothing whatsoever to do with Happiness but misery and humour are rarely far from each other.Humour is regional and confined to a decade it belongs to fickleness and frailty.It can have no place in eternal values.

I dunno, I reckon people will eternally laugh at stupid statements like this one

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Humour has nothing whatsoever to do with Happiness but misery and humour are rarely far from each other.Humour is regional and confined to a decade it belongs to fickleness and frailty.It can have no place in eternal values.
    LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

racing%20jesus%20in%20a%20speedboat.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

HUMOUR HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HAPPINESS neither has it anything to do with beauty or love or joy.Comedy is ridicule albeit gentle but often veiling jealousy and hurt. THE GREAT COMEDIANS OF THE 20TH CENTURY were the most miserable of men some of them committed suicide and had serious drink problems .Do you laugh when you listen to music no.When eating food ..no .Lots of great things in life that are great fun have NOTHiNG w h a t s o e v e r to do with humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You must be great fun at parties.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

HUMOUR HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HAPPINESS neither has it anything to do with beauty or love or joy.Comedy is ridicule albeit gentle but often veiling jealousy and hurt. THE GREAT COMEDIANS OF THE 20TH CENTURY were the most miserable of men some of them committed suicide and had serious drink problems .Do you laugh when you listen to music no.When eating food ..no .Lots of great things in life that are great fun have NOTHiNG w h a t s o e v e r to do with humour.

What an angry little man this mirthless life has produced

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Comedy is ridicule albeit gentle but often veiling jealousy and hurt.

So you reckon the comedians of the world are really just awfully jealous of their routine material?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Love it! More, MOAR!

Yes, I've never laughed at the Friday Night in San Fran version of Short Tales of the Black Forest by Al Di Meola, John McLaughlin and Paco de Lucia, because it has zero humour in it. And I have never laughed out loud when eating a special dessert made with popping candy on the top. Never!

Please don't be a troll, I beg you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Do you laugh when you listen to music no.When eating food ..no .Lots of great things in life that are great fun have NOTHiNG w h a t s o e v e r to do with humour.

I also don't chew when I listen to music, but I do when I'm eating food.
    Since there's a small difference between the two it must mean that only one of them can be enjoyable, yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

please dont feed the troll?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Undergod wrote: »
    I'm actually writing something about this at the moment.

:D

Do you know Stravinsky's Pulcinella? It's rife with cheerfully sarcastic jokes, especially taking swipes at old music.

You might also find one or two things to enjoy in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

:D

Do you know Stravinsky's Pulcinella? It's rife with cheerfully sarcastic jokes, especially taking swipes at old music.

You might also find one or two things to enjoy in this thread.

I haven't gotten around to Pulcinella, I like Stravinsky but I never put much time into him. I'll give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Undergod wrote: »
    I haven't gotten around to Pulcinella, I like Stravinsky but I never put much time into him. I'll give it a go.

I actually hate most of his music, except for that piece and The Rite (both of which I love)...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Andy Kauffman, is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

GENESIS 21:6
    And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me.

There you go, even your God is a comedian...who are you to question his part-time career choice :pac:?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me.

There you go, even your God is a comedian...who are you to question his part-time career choice :pac:?

And god did ask unto Job

"What time does Sean Connery go to Wimbledon?"

and Job not knowing the answer asked the lord "My lord I fear I do not know. what time does Sean Connery go to wimbledon?"

And the lord relpyeth "Tenish"

Taketh mine wife I beseech thee

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

The Announcing Angel disguised as a Wayfarer reprimanded her if you understand the text correctly.

The Announcing Angel disguised as a Wayfarer reprimanded her if you understand the text correctly.

If youre an announcing angel you need a better disguise than that. those guys are crap at hiding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

172571.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

1263656480477.jpg

c7ooz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I <3 Emo Phillips. My favourite religious joke of his "So I'm at the wailing wall, standing there like a moron, with my harpoon"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

rant-and-repent.jpg

ShooterSF wrote: »
    I <3 Emo Phillips. My favourite religious joke of his "So I'm at the wailing wall, standing there like a moron, with my harpoon"

"I was on a date with a lady and she got mad at me for not opening the car door for her. I just swam to the surface"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Meanwhile in Cornell, somebody connects two chatbots to each other and they're arguing about god in less than a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

...the hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

And god did ask unto Job

"What time does Sean Connery go to Wimbledon?"

and Job not knowing the answer asked the lord "My lord I fear I do not know. what time does Sean Connery go to wimbledon?"

And the lord relpyeth "Tenish"

Taketh mine wife I beseech thee

....Adam and Joe fan, Sensibleken?

STEPHEN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

20110831.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

www.youtube.com/v/v-bWz74h518

Interesting vid.

The opening monologue could have been about jehova witnesses im not sure...

Door to door people trying to tell you about thier religion doesnt really bother me,i guess they are just trying to get the word out... (I feel bad closing the door on them)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement