Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Well I'm sold.

Also, I want a talking Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

5uspect wrote: »
    Well I'm sold.

Well, not strictly a talking one, but how's this?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

5uspect wrote: »
    This is what you want -- $19.99 plus shipping:

http://www.messengersoffaith.net/meoffado.html

BTW, what the hell's Peter doing in a nappy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

robindch wrote: »
    This is what you want -- $19.99 plus shipping:

http://www.messengersoffaith.net/meoffado.html

BTW, what the hell's Peter doing in a nappy?

I saw one of those Jesuses in Forbidden Planet a couple of years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

Noticed this while registering on old richie boyo's website

loldawninks.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Slightly off-topic, I saw this book for next to nothing in H&F:

The Ancestor's Tale : A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Life by Rico

Is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

Slightly off-topic, I saw this book for next to nothing in H&F:

The Ancestor's Tale : A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Life by Rico

Is it any good?

Highly recommended. Very accessible, and the device of the 'Pilgrimage' works really well. I know RD gets a lot of stick but as a writer of popular science he's among the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

very /b/tard but I found some of them pretty funny in context :rolleyes:

http://anub.ru/16.10.2006/it_is_jesus_lol

like this one:

116084247245_jesus_lol.jpg

Also thought this one was pretty good:

the_week_10916_27.jpg

Joke: The Atheist

A young lady came home from a date, rather sad. She told her mother, "Anthony proposed to me an hour ago." "Then why are you so sad?" her mother asked. "Because he also told me he is an atheist. Mom, he doesnt even believe theres a Hell." Her mother replied, "Marry him anyway. Between the two of us, well show him how wrong he is."

Carl Sagan vs. Kirk Cameron

(Ok, so yeah, it's a bit juvenile, but still...)

fail-owned-pimp-fail1.jpg
    Edit: I have a feeling this was on before but I'm not going through 400 posts to check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

more from failblog:

fail-owned-dangerous-church.jpg?w=498&h=388

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

161554.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

...or he was raptured, who cares.

Thought I'd share this cautionary tale with my fellow heathens... be ready Brothers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITnxElIzDvA

What a bunch of a-holes. Great prank though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

atheist-cartoon.gif

religion.jpg

dogs-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

jesus.jpg

funny-pictures-ten-commandments-of-.jpg

Rb wrote: »
    funny-pictures-ten-commandments-of-.jpg

You have seen the LOLcat Bible translation project, haven't you? (Or did I see that in this thread...?)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I gotta get me some of this stuff. Anyone know what it does? :confused:

engrish-funny-jesus-body.jpg

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement

You have seen the LOLcat Bible translation project, haven't you? (Or did I see that in this thread...?)
    I hadn't actually but that is absolutely fantastic, what a work of art :)

Motivational_Posters__Jesus_by_Exph.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

A Catholic priest, a Baptist preacher, and a rabbi all served as chaplains to the students of Northern Michigan University in Marquette . They would get together two or three times a week for coffee and to talk shop.

One day, someone made the comment that preaching to people isn't really all that hard. A real challenge would be to preach to a bear. One thing led to another, and they decided to do an experiment. They would all go out into the woods, find a bear, preach to it, and attempt to convert it. Seven days later, they all came together to discuss their experience.

Father Flannery, who had his arm in a sling, was on crutches, and had various bandages on his body and limbs, went first. 'Well,' he said 'I went into the woods to find me a bear. And when I found him, I began to read to him from the Catechism. Well, that bear wanted nothing to do with me and began to slap me around. So I quickly grabbed my holy water, sprinkled him and, Holy Mary Mother of God, he became as gentle as a lamb. The bishop is coming out next week to give him first communion and confirmation.

Reverend Billy Bob spoke next. He was in a wheelchair, had one arm and both legs in casts, and had an IV drip. In his best fire-and-brimstone oratory, he claimed, 'WELL, brothers, you KNOW that we don't sprinkle! I went out and I FOUND me a bear. And then I began to read to my bear from God's HOLY WORD! But that bear wanted nothing to do with me. So I took HOLD of him and we began to wrestle. We wrestled down one hill, UP another and DOWN another until we came to a creek. So I quickly DUNKED him and BAPTIZED his hairy soul. And just like you said, he became as gentle as a lamb. We spent the rest of the day praising Jesus.'

The priest and the reverend both looked down at the rabbi, who was lying in a hospital bed. He was in a body cast and traction with IVs and monitors running in and out of him. He was in really bad shape. The Rabbi looked up and said, 'Looking back on it, circumcision may not have been the best way to start...'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

This one was a favourite among members of the 'Underground Church' in the former Soviet Union:

An old woman waited for two hours to get in a bus. Bus after bus came full and she couldn't squeeze herself in. When she finally managed to crawl in, she wiped her forehead, and said, "Finally, glory to God!"

The driver said, "Mother, you must not say that. You must say 'Glory to comrade Stalin."

"Excuse me, comrade," the woman said. "I'm just a backward old woman. I'll say from now on as you told me."

After a while, she said, "Excuse me, comrade, I am old and stupid. What shall I say if, God forbid, Stalin dies?"

"Oh, mother, then you shall say, "'Glory to God!"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

muarry.jpg

Apparently some poor guy in Hungary got a year in jail for telling the following religious joke in 1953:

Stalin's successors called together the holy men of various religions to decide who should bury Stalin. Finally they entrusted job of performing the funeral ceremony to the Jewish rabbi, for in the Jewish religion there is no resurrection.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

PDN wrote: »
    Apparently some poor guy in Hungary got a year in jail for telling the following religious joke in 1953:

Stalin's successors called together the holy men of various religions to decide who should bury Stalin. Finally they entrusted job of performing the funeral ceremony to the Jewish rabbi, for in the Jewish religion there is no resurrection.

Was he imprisoned because his joke wasn't funny? It's definitely warranted.

Jewish rabbi

reminded me of this site. The jokes aren't the funniest but the way in which they tell them, is hilarious:

Old Jews Telling Jokes

Wikitravel's guide to hell, some of you guys might find it useful. ;)

http://wikitravel.org/en/Hell_(Hades)

Wikitravel's guide to hell, some of you guys might find it useful. ;)

http://wikitravel.org/en/Hell_(Hades)

It does not surprise me in the least that Ryanair has sold its soul to the devil to provide air travel into Hell. Sure their planes are already in accordance with Hells strict comfort and customer care standards :p

http://wikitravel.org/en/Hell_(Hades)#By_plane

• Advertisement

fair_display.jpg

atheism.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement