Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

307648_2033827092940_1462076474_31721567_309999860_n.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Hang on to your hats, folks, here's what happens at a "Creation Evidence" conference:

http://actionskeptics.blogspot.com/2011/09/guest-post-surviving-creation-evidence.html

Takeaways: (a) 40 people turned up, at least one of whom was a plant; (b) Noah's ark was fitted with railway tracks; (c) something about rubber aborted foetuses and (d) the leading creationist was a bloke with the unbeatable name of "Willie Dye"(*)

(*) That'll be Mr Willie Dye, since he too had to but his PhD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

VbRTG.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Shamelessly stolen from You Laugh You Lose:
    67be6b9a-ae2e-44e8-aa97-69ed9d7c34d1.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Also, from YLYL

0z9j6.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Bill O'Reilly is a troll, surely!
    I'm struggling to maintain my cool while looking at that. Whatever happened to unbiased journalism. I know fox is gutter news, but ****ing hell!

Also, why the hell is Dawkins even talking to this moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

Liamario wrote: »
    Bill O'Reilly is a troll, surely!
    I'm struggling to remain my cool while looking at that. Whatever happened to unbiased journalism. I know fox is gutter news, but ****ing hell!

Also, why the hell is Dawkins even talking to this moron.

He is probably trying to publicise his new book. But yeah he is talking to a professional troll/moron.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭caesarthechimp

I'm surprised Dawkins hasn't come up with the answer to that simple question yet. He's had two years now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Enrate wrote: »
    I'm surprised Dawkins hasn't come up with the answer to that simple question yet. He's had two years now.
    Which question?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Which question?

Probably the question that Liamario said:
    "Why the hell is Dawkins even talking to this moron. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭caesarthechimp

Which question?

The one Bill O'Reilly keeps asking him in the interviews;
    on the origin of the universe and the theory of everything :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Have the EU changed it from 42?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Enrate wrote: »
    The one Bill O'Reilly keeps asking him in the interviews;
    on the origin of the universe and the theory of everything :)

"Simple" question?

Answering such a question would take time - far too much time to expect to get your point across without Bill yelling at you to shut up.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Bill yelling at you to shut up.
    But Bill never told anybody to shut up!

robindch wrote: »

But of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

robindch wrote: »

i think he admitted to saying "shut up" to someone once in six years. there's a great compilation vid of it on youtube that starts with that statement and follows with the best of O'Reilly!

• Advertisement

3 minutes later...
    Doc_Savage wrote: »
    i think he admitted to saying "shut up" to someone once in six years. there's a great compilation vid of it on youtube that starts with that statement and follows with the best of O'Reilly!

I get no appreciation! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭Worztron

Most everybody else would like Bill O'Reilly to 'shut up' forever. What a horrible creature he is.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭dmw07

Worztron wrote: »
    Most everybody else would like Bill O'Reilly to 'shut up' forever. What a horrible creature he is.

No, no, no. Bill is the perfect media figure to represent the religious (Only christians allowed) republicans in america. He epitomises everything that is wrong with the way religious people think. If he didn't exist others would have to point out the obvious flaws in religious thinking. By him just being there, makes religious republicans in america look so bad. Not in the eyes of the republican support but to others.

He also provides hours of humour. I'm waiting for the new lines like, "what do you mean the world is not flat, prove it!!", "next thing you will tell me is that the sun actually revolves around the earth and not the other way around", "Everybody knows Noahs arc would beat the titanic in a rowing race, Noah was a beast".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭Worztron

dmw07 wrote: »
    No, no, no. Bill is the perfect media figure to represent the religious (Only christians allowed) republicans in america. He epitomises everything that is wrong with the way religious people think. If he didn't exist others would have to point out the obvious flaws in religious thinking. By him just being there, makes religious republicans in america look so bad. Not in the eyes of the republican support but to others.

He also provides hours of humour. I'm waiting for the new lines like, "what do you mean the world is not flat, prove it!!", "next thing you will tell me is that the sun actually revolves around the earth and not the other way around", "Everybody knows Noahs arc would beat the titanic in a rowing race, Noah was a beast".

You are absolutely right. ;)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

I think collectively, as irish people, we should ask for his O' back. its embarassing us

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Have the EU changed it from 42?

No - it's 54 now, but only because they converted it to metric.

No - it's 54 now, but only because they converted it to metric.

Bloody Germans, another reason to decamp the EU, esp as the cohesive funds are going east!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

o.png

Stay classy, Westboro!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

I get no appreciation! :mad:

in fairness i went looking at other high-larious O'Reilly vids before hitting submit and never looked at the thread again till now...

• Advertisement

Doc_Savage wrote: »
    in fairness i went looking at other high-larious O'Reilly vids before hitting submit and never looked at the thread again till now...

not good enough, i think sack cloth and some ashes is required.
    And some self flaggelation with a knotted rope.
    :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement