Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,002 ✭✭✭✭bnt

99598_600.jpg

(from Cagle Post)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Too soon...too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Not soon enough.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

From somewhere else this evening:
    Wherever wrote:
    Wonder if the last thing he heard was "Gaddafi, duck!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

tumblrl9ajxcmeje1qdmsah.jpg

tumblrl9cla4kpaq1qdmsah.jpg

• Advertisement

178814.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Dades wrote: »
    True God-fearing spotted handfish wouldn't eat shellfish!
    I presume you refer to the bible's description of pork and shellfish as being unclean, and not to be eaten, but you must remember that from a Christian perspective, in this context, pork and shellfish are metaphors for pi$$ and $hit, which you will notice are never eaten by god-fearing folk.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Whatever about shellfish, why would you use the tastiest animal to ever grace a plate as a metaphor for pi$$ and $hit? *

* This question is rhetorical - I don't give a crap about their crazy laws.

^^^ On the topic of crazy religious people and pigs, I see it's been a while since we last saw those rabbis responding to Swine Flew:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

robindch wrote: »
    ^^^ On the topic of crazy religious people and pigs, I see it's been a while since we last saw those rabbis responding to Swine Flew:

Who says wisdom comes with age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

YLYL (I long for the day when this ditziness is commonplace)

picdump-1014-11.jpg

Moar YLYL:

vWTWW.jpg

Okay, last one I swear:

310648_2538880432511_1268658437_2999855_1764343128_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

recedite wrote: »
    pork and shellfish are metaphors for pi$$ and $hit, which you will notice are never eaten by god-fearing folk.

last I checked the average american fast food burger contains 5% fesses...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

CiaranMT wrote: »
    i think you'll find that's actually Jeesarse. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

robindch wrote: »

What is this I don't even?! Is this a Jewish reenactment of the father ted episode when they're all on the plane or something? I'd be raging if I was on a plane with those noisy loons!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭muppeteer

5PxTb.jpg

Why do they have detailed instructions (& pictures) just to swing the kneeler up and down. Its no more complicated to operate than a cinema seat!
    Do they think we're stupid or what? :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

www.jesusween.com

If someone tried to give me a bible when I went out on halloween night looking for sweets... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

recedite wrote: »
    Why do they have detailed instructions (& pictures) just to swing the kneeler up and down. Its no more complicated to operate than a cinema seat!
    Do they think we're stupid or what? :D

What I want to know is how long it will take before it is filled up with tart cards for call girls and ads for gay chatlines?

• Advertisement

"A few days before Halloween, a word came to him to give out bibles to everyone knocking at his door expecting candy. On that day over 40 bibles were given out without him stepping out of his house. All it took was putting a bible into every bag as they opened each bag with a smile. It was much easier than expected "......

I wonder if he looked in the gutter on his street the next morning. Probably a load of bibles lying there along with all the unwanted apples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_ltl9cgruBV1r2jwlwo1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

fx1bW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Agree 100% about the Lorre's big bang theory.

Anyways as far as I'm concerned this sh1t is religion. Make sure to read the mouse-over text.

alternative_literature.png
    I just noticed CVS has started stocking homeopathic pills on the same shelves with--and labeled similarly to--their actual medicine. Telling someone who trusts you that you're giving them medicine, when you know you’re not, because you want their money, isn’t just lying--it’s like an example you’d make up if you had to illustrate for a child why lying is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

ZombieManger2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

communism.jpg?f22064
    Via broadsheet.ie, a letter to the Donegal Democrat.

The comments from broadsheet spot the same gentleman fighting the good fight elsewhere 1 2 3.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

mikhail wrote: »
    The comments from broadsheet spot the same gentleman fighting the good fight elsewhere 1 2 3.
    http://www.family-men.com/ ??

79c1a954bf77594e6ff559e9ce63ec42.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement