Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

not only that, but the holy ghost better watch out as pac man is coming to get him!

1C09EEFFDCF7426290D2E95FFEE47280-0000334738-0002628806-00500L-239171ACD3BF43D394ED2BDA1E0E3869.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭dmw07

robindch wrote: »
    ^^^ Pareidolia, FTW!

Or for laymen like myself, seeing what you want to see.

** gets distracted
    Oh, there goes a fluffy white cloud that looks like Tiger Woods....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

CramCycle wrote: »
    Which one is Jesus?

which%252520one%252520is%252520jesus.jpg

The pink guy is looking out in the other direction

Ye guys don't know your religion.

It's the Trinity.

The pink 'guy' doesn't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Kivaro wrote: »
    Ye guys don't know your religion.

It's the Trinity.

The pink 'guy' doesn't count.

That's Mohammed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

CiaranMT wrote: »

Nothing specifically to do with religion, I'm afraid, and lots to do with opera.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Those darn meddling kids and their questions:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I don't know if this has been posted before but saw it and laughed.

Pope-Mugshot--53753.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

I find that a bit creepy. I'd happily see the man arrested and tried for enabling child abuse, but the photoshopped bruises and other signs of violence are a bit much.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

mikhail wrote: »
    but the photoshopped bruises and other signs of violence are a bit much.

More importantly they are poorly done, in this day and age, I would expect a better attempt using photoshop, this looks like something accomplished with MS paint.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Malty_T wrote: »
    Those darn meddling kids and their questions
    Outnumbered is written by Andy Hamilton who's also written and acted in Old Harry's Game.

Andy Hamilton is both funny, strongly anti-religious and not a fan of the Daily Mail (see the last christmas special of OHG). I suspect he'd enjoy A+A :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Those kids in Outnumbered crack me up. Loved that episode where the son comes home from the hospital saying they needed to question the dad over "a pattern of unexplained bruises".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

Cross-post from Reddit. I liked it enough to save it. Would make a nice wallpaper.

M0bx7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Benetton-picture-007.jpg

So sad, they can't even get married.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

fitz0 wrote: »
    Benetton-picture-007.jpg

So sad, they can't even get married.

It's been pulled already. Strange that they would go through with that campaign and then immediately back down once the Vatican gets predictably offended. Maybe that was the intention all along. It has served it's purpose already.

^^^ Ad pulled already. Benetton reaps the reward of widespread coverage:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/11/16/benetton-pope-vatican-kissing-obama.html

Meanwhile, here's what happens if you're a nun and you steal almost a million dollars:

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Gambling-Irish-nun-blew-close-to-1-million-in-Atlantic-City-133949023.html

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Kepti wrote: »
    Strange that they would go through with that campaign and then immediately back down once the Vatican gets predictably offended.
    Jeez, if they were going to get offended why did the Pope agree to the shoot anyway? :confused:

"Why don't you loosen your robes a bit, Benny. That's it. No, of course there's no film in the camera. Honest to God."

Not sure if repost.

Straight to the point, no roundabouts with this guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭MarchDub

Dades wrote: »
    Jeez, if they were going to get offended why did the Pope agree to the shoot anyway? :confused:

"Why don't you loosen your robes a bit, Benny. That's it. No, of course there's no film in the camera. Honest to God."

The photo is fake - that's the point. Original sources are important.
    CNN) - United Colors of Benetton announced Wednesday it is pulling an ad featuring a doctored picture of the pope kissing a male Muslim cleric on the same day the ad was unveiled in response to criticism. The ad featured a fake picture of Pope Benedict XVI kissing Ahmed Mohamed el-Tayeb, imam of the Al-Azhar mosque, a prominent Muslim house of worship in Cairo, Egypt.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/16/benetton-pulls-ad-featuring-doctored-photo-of-pope-kissing-imam/comment-page-2/

There are other fakes that they have 'invented' like Hilary Clinton passionately kissing Sarkozy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

MarchDub wrote: »
    The photo is fake - that's the point. Original sources are important.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/16/benetton-pulls-ad-featuring-doctored-photo-of-pope-kissing-imam/comment-page-2/

There are other fakes that they have 'invented' like Hilary Clinton passionately kissing Sarkozy.

How can you fake photos? I know one could mess around with the film but surely that would cause a loss of quality when it was blown up to the size of that poster.

amacachi wrote: »
    How can you fake photos? I know one could mess around with the film but surely that would cause a loss of quality when it was blown up to the size of that poster.

This way -

http://www.usatoday.com/money/advertising/story/2011-11-16/benetton-fake--kissing-ads/51244712/1
    Today, the socially forward clothing retailer rolls out a new ad campaign that features fake but convincing computer-generated photos of top world leaders — including Barack Obama and Chinese leader Hu Jinto — kissing.
    These aren't just pecks on the cheek, either. They are major eyes-closed, body-embracing, mouth-to-mouth smoocheroos.

The ads also include Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu kissing Palestinian Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas. Benetton had planned to run an ad of the Pope kissing Ahmed Mohamed el-Tayeb, Imam of the Al-Azhar mosque, but dropped it from the campaign Wednesday following protests from the Vatican.
    BTW 'film' hasn't been used for years by professional photographers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

fapfapfapfapfapfap

amacachi - MarchDub, who's trolling who?

I can't tell. :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

This way -

http://www.usatoday.com/money/advertising/story/2011-11-16/benetton-fake--kissing-ads/51244712/1

BTW 'film' hasn't been used for years by professional photographers.

Progress is amazing. Next they'll be using computers to make cartoon movies or something.

amacachi wrote: »
    Progress is amazing. Next they'll be using computers to make cartoon movies or something.

Well, you did ask.

dmw07 wrote: »
    amacachi - MarchDub, who's trolling who?

I can't tell. :confused::confused:

Amacachi's not trolling, and neither am I.

I just saw the subject this morning when I came on boards - I don't usually visit here. I knew the photo was a fake - had been reading about all the fake world leaders photos for a few days. Thought they were all funny actually - as fakes.
    So I just posted what I knew to be the evidence or source of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Amacachi's not trolling, and neither am I.

I just saw the subject this morning when I came on boards - I don't usually visit here. I knew the photo was a fake - had been reading about all the fake world leaders photos for a few days. Thought they were all funny actually - as fakes.
    So I just posted what I knew to be the evidence or source of it all.

Ah, yes he was.

And Dades was being tongue in cheek.

• Advertisement

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Ah, yes he was.

And Dades was being tongue in cheek.

Or sophomoric.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement