Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Yes, very undignified. And why aren't those Scottish Presbyterians having the same trouble with their kilts?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

enhanced-buzz-6880-1321801160-7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

funny-facebook-fails-oh-sh.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Why does god allow wind to keep blowing his shoulder towel up into his face?
    LOL - shoulder towel! Douglas Adams would have liked that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

2007-05-23%2B-%2BJesus%2Bvs%2BDr%2BWho%2B1.png

2007-05-25%2B-%2BJesus%2Bvs%2BDr%2BWho%2B2.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

not sure if this one was posted before.

tumblr_lssylw4QFx1qfk4mqo1_400.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

From YLYL:

ZXv4H.png

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

182296.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

dVaIL.png
    From reddit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

kiss_girl_hell_church_sign.jpg?w=294&h=201&h=201
    KATY PERRY’S SONG USED AS CHURCH WARNING TO TEENS

BLACKLICK, Ohio (AP) — A church near Columbus, Ohio, is using Katy Perry as a bad example. A sign outside Havens Corners Church in Blacklick has the lyrics from her song, “I kissed a girl and I liked it” — but it adds, “Then I went to hell.” Church pastor Reverend Dave Allison says the Bible is clear that homosexuality is a sin, so the sign is intended as a loving warning to teens. He says it’s confused some people who either don’t know the song or don’t understand the message. Lynne Bowman of the gay rights group Equality Ohio says the sign indicates the church isn’t very accepting. Perry has not responded to calls for comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Erm..... How the hell do I explain this video... Stephen Hawking like figure condemns us. :pac: I found it strangely disturbing yet funny purely because it sounds like a TQE argument against atheism. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Cartoon character with dodgy voice software = Stephen Hawking.
    I don't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

recedite wrote: »
    Cartoon character with dodgy voice software = Stephen Hawking.
    I don't think so.
    It was more just a summary of the dodgy voice software. :pac: I initially opened the clip because I thought it was family guy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Has to be a pisstake. Then again if the internet has taught me anything it's that Christians are the worst when it comes to production values.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

amacachi wrote: »
    Has to be a pisstake. Then again if the internet has taught me anything it's that Christians are the worst when it comes to production values.

It might not be look at his response to himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Become quite a fan of Bill Maher

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Pope falls foul of German hosts by shunning seat-belt.
    A GERMAN citizen has filed a complaint against Pope Benedict XVI for not using a seat belt in the Popemobile during his September visit to his homeland.

Lawyer Johannes Christian Sundermann has filed papers in Dortmund on behalf of his unnamed client, charging the Pope with “repeated breaches” of Germany’s seat belt law.

“Herr Joseph Ratzinger, born 16 April 1927 in Marktl/Altötting” travelled on September 24th and 25th “for the duration of more than an hour” without a seat belt, the lawyer states in documents.

Mr Sundermann and his client say they can prove the repeated misdemeanour during his visit to Freiburg – using videos from YouTube.

The lawyer says his client, though not a Catholic, was concerned for the safety of the Pope in his armoured car, which reportedly has a seat belt though it usually moves at a walking pace. As a repeat seat belt offender, the man believes the Pope should face the maximum €2,500 fine allowed.

Link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Become quite a fan of Bill Maher

Can't stand the fucker personally. If Bill O Reilly went atheist then fell and cracked his head off a curb knocking loose what little brains he had, got back up and decided to blame the curb and call it stupid for sitting there at the side of the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

strobe wrote: »
    If Bill O Reilly went atheist then fell and cracked his head off a curb knocking loose what little brains he had, got back up and decided to blame the curb and call it stupid for sitting there at the side of the road.

Then what?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

bluewolf wrote: »
    Then what?

Pfft obviously he would become Bill Maher.

:D

Lol. Oh sweet Jesus I can not wait until the day you finally make a grammatical error Blue. I shall be there waiting in the wings. Do not doubt it.

It's blue:pac:

Crafty bugger deleted his post. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

in fairness i make plenty of them all the time out of sheer laziness :D
    punctuation anyway

9926370.jpg

Can't stand the fucker personally. If Bill O Reilly went atheist then fell and cracked his head off a curb knocking loose what little brains he had, got back up and decided to blame the curb and call it stupid for sitting there at the side of the road.

I was starting to like him until I found out some things about him, namely he's a large supporter of PETA and the fact he's an anti-vaccination theorist (eg. claims things like the flu vaccine causes autism in kids etc without any real evidence, and being about as religious about it as people he makes fun of are about religion)

He can still be very funny sometimes, and I still love Religulous, but he went waayyyy down in my estimations after hearing those things.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

^^ I went though that experience with Chuck Norris recently. For shame, Chuck, for shame.

Dades wrote: »
    ^^ I went though that experience with Chuck Norris recently. For shame, Chuck, for shame.

Why? What's wrong with Chuck Norris?

Either way, I've placed all my trust in Penn Jillette
    Penn-Jillette.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

So Maher is on the Jenny McCarthy bandwagon? Disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭dmw07

Dades wrote: »

Bible could have "saved" you.

Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

:D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement