Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

recedite wrote: »
    Didn't you hear about the 4 great Atheist pilgrimages?
    Pyongyang, Moscow, Beijing, and Hitler's bunker in Berlin.

Or the fact that, despite it being run by an insane dictatorship, it's actually an astonishingly beautiful country.

Stealing from YLYL thread :pac:

December-23-2011-19-02-45-1202136460s.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I always wondered how women like Wilma and Betty, with hips that small, managed to give birth to babies like Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm, with heads so freaking huge...

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

Sarky wrote: »
    I always wondered how women like Wilma and Betty, with hips that small, managed to give birth to babies like Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm, with heads so freaking huge...

You have too much free time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,002 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Sarky wrote: »
    Yeesh. If pixies such as Lily Allen and Natalie Portman can safely drop sprogs, I think the Bedrock Babes wouldn't have any problem at all. Even if the medical facilities were like something from the Stone Age ... :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Guys, don't ruin them for me

*drool*

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

new-jesus.jpg

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

funniest-picture-ever.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

186913.jpg

Stealing from YLYL is fun...
    hOTD7.jpg
    tvCha.jpg
    34o50cm.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

hell.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,002 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Today in the USA it's the Iowa Republican Caucus, the first stage in deciding who will be their candidate in the upcoming elections. All watched over by an approving god, if the candidates are to be believed ... or maybe not?
    god-and-politics.jpg

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Also from YLYL

tumblr_lwn6i0UI221qlire5o1_500.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

mewso wrote: »

Without looking:
    1)Bewbs
    2)Wincest
    3)Polytheism
    4)Rape
    5)No crucifix in the schools or hospitals
    6)Jamie Lannister instills homoerotic thoughts...
    7)Bit of the ol' Ultra Violence not in the Old Testament
    Running dry here....

EDIT: Can't believe I missed Lezzers, Quares and Witchcraft... am shame. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

The comments below the article, especially the writer's are hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

sephir0th wrote: »
    hell.png

It's quite true isn't it. Satan will reward those who are really evil. You can't misinterpret it. :pac:

CL7XM.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,580 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

My favourite is the eaten by worms and died passage. Imagine how long you would have to sit there until worms ate you to death. The guy should have been canonised just for his patience!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Okay, I've just scrapped a response I've written after realising this is a pisstake.

Now who does that reflect worse on; me, or the Christian right? :p

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Dades wrote: »
    Okay, I've just scrapped a response I've written after realising this is a pisstake.

Had to double check myself before losing complete faith in humanity

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Dades wrote: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

"Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor [sic], it is impossible to create a parody of fundamentalism that someone won't mistake for the real thing"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Worztron

3168794.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Thanks to that link, my new favorite word is vagitarian. :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

US Bishop almost obeys 1 Timothy 3:2. Interesting to see that the diocese was helping "the children with college costs" since I seem to remember that Eamon Casey got himself into trouble for persuading his diocese to help out within funding his own son.

Unbeatable last two lines in the report all the same.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16413105
    The Beeb wrote:
    A Catholic bishop who fathered two children has stepped down.

Pope Benedict has accepted the resignation of Gabino Zavala, an auxiliary bishop of Los Angeles, the Vatican said. The Archbishop of Los Angeles, Jose Gomez, wrote in a letter to worshippers that Bishop Zavala told him in December that he was the father of two teenage children. The children, who are minors, live with their mother in another state.

Archbishop Gomez said that the archdiocese was offering the family "spiritual care," as well as funding to help the children with college costs. In his letter he described the news as "sad and difficult" and said Bishop Zavala had been living privately and not participating in ministry since resigning.

Bishop Zavala is 60 and was born in Mexico. He has campaigned against the death penalty and for immigrants' rights. The Vatican did not spell out the reason for Bishop Zavala's resignation in its statement, but made reference to canon law which allows bishops to step down before normal retirement age if they are ill or unfit for office for some other reason.

The Pope has shown no sign of relaxing the Roman Catholic Church's rule on priestly celibacy, which has been in place since the 11th Century. In March 2010 he described celibacy as "the sign of full devotion, the entire commitment to the Lord and to the 'Lord's business', an expression of giving oneself to God and to others".

Priests are not allowed to marry but married Anglican priests who convert to Catholicism are exempted from the celibacy rule. Two days ago Pope Benedict appointed an American married priest to head the first US structure for Anglicans converting to Roman Catholicism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Bishop Zavala's big mistake there was not getting himself ordained as an Anglican priest first.
    Let that be a lesson to any young lad that might be thinking of taking up a priestly vocation. (permanent jobs are hard enough to find these days)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

393613_2403986618418_1213697810_31944585_1245147925_n.jpg

• Advertisement

funny-gifs-the-jesus-prepares-for-last-supper.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement