Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

0lkKH.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

he's the only person who emerged from 'transformers: revenge of the fallen' with any dignity.

a future cult classic that, mark my words.

Said the same thing myself during it. He knows it's going to be muck, so he overplays it to the nth degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Worztron

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Galvasean wrote: »
    Any film where Shia lebouff goes to Robot Heaven must have surely meant to be a comedy...
    OMG SPOILERS!

Although, thanks. Now I know that I'm definitely not missing anything.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Penn wrote: »
    That is fcuking awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Another gem from the Onion
    Members of the earth's earliest known civilization, the Sumerians, looked on in shock and confusion some 6,000 years ago as God, the Lord Almighty, created Heaven and Earth.

According to recently excavated clay tablets inscribed with cuneiform script, thousands of Sumerians—the first humans to establish systems of writing, agriculture, and government—were working on their sophisticated irrigation systems when the Father of All Creation reached down from the ether and blew the divine spirit of life into their thriving civilization.

"I do not understand," reads an ancient line of pictographs depicting the sun, the moon, water, and a Sumerian who appears to be scratching his head. "A booming voice is saying, 'Let there be light,' but there is already light. It is saying, 'Let the earth bring forth grass,' but I am already standing on grass."

"Everything is here already," the pictograph continues. "We do not need more stars."

Historians believe that, immediately following the biblical event, Sumerian witnesses returned to the city of Eridu, a bustling metropolis built 1,500 years before God called for the appearance of dry land, to discuss the new development. According to records, Sumerian farmers, priests, and civic administrators were not only befuddled, but also took issue with the face of God moving across the water, saying that He scared away those who were traveling to Mesopotamia to participate in their vast and intricate trade system.

Moreover, the Sumerians were taken aback by the creation of the same animals and herb-yielding seeds that they had been domesticating and cultivating for hundreds of generations.

"The Sumerian people must have found God's making of heaven and earth in the middle of their well-established society to be more of an annoyance than anything else," said Paul Helund, ancient history professor at Cornell University. "If what the pictographs indicate are true, His loud voice interrupted their ancient prayer rituals for an entire week."

According to the cuneiform tablets, Sumerians found God's most puzzling act to be the creation from dust of the first two human beings.

"These two people made in his image do not know how to communicate, lack skills in both mathematics and farming, and have the intellectual capacity of an infant," one Sumerian philosopher wrote. "They must be the creation of a complete idiot."

http://www.theonion.com/articles/sumerians-look-on-in-confusion-as-god-creates-worl,2879/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Screenshot_00.jpg

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

the-story-of-jesus.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

It does explain the Zombie,Cannibalism and numerous allegations of cover-ups links.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Title.+Not+mine.+Probably+Toast_3a063d_3156373.jpg

Truly a miracle, a funny 'In Soviet Russia' joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭muppeteer

CbJ0e.png

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

While I agree with the sentiment I'm not sure I'd call it funny :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

While I agree with the sentiment I'm not sure I'd call it funny :o

Indeed, some would say I'm going to hell with a sense of humor like that.

muppeteer wrote: »
    Indeed, some would say I'm going to hell with a sense of humor like that.

Some would say with a sense of humour like that they won't let you in to Hell as you'd lower the tone.

Lower the tone indeed;)
    20110627.gif

And something more light hearted:)
    JGzBk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

John Lennon? :eek:

trap.jpg

Sonics2k wrote: »
    John Lennon? :eek:

Say it ain't so!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Where's Johnny Cash at? I wanna go there! Bet its Valhalla...:)

inventions.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

YLYL:

2005sns.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

K G Hammar is a freaking awesome name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

K G Hammar, Lutheran Archbishop with attitude.

STOP!

Hammar time!

Hammar time!

:D:D:cool::D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,002 ✭✭✭✭bnt

god-came.jpg

Ew.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

So that's how he got round the whole virgin thing, some sort of dermal conception. Sneaky.

So that's how he got round the whole virgin thing, some sort of dermal conception. Sneaky.

Sneaky and I imagine sticky. Yuk!

Destroyman--article_image.jpg
    bnt wrote: »
    god-came.jpg

Ew.

• Advertisement

Not religious but I'm sure ye will enjoy:

resolutions2012.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement