Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. I immediately ran over and said "Stop! Don't do it!"

"Why shouldn't I?" he said.

I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!"

"Like what?"

"Well ... are you religious or atheist?"

"Religious."

"Me too! Are you Christian or Jewish?"

"Christian."

"Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant?"

"Protestant."

"Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"

"Baptist."

"Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"

"Baptist Church of God."

"Me too! Are you Original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"

"Reformed Baptist Church of God."

"Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915?"

"Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915!"

To which I said, "Die, heretic scum!" and pushed him off.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

5uspect wrote: »
    Well I'm sold.

Also, I want a talking Jesus.
    Just make sure you don't have a puppy around when it arrives. Looks like puppies are Atheists!
    http://catsanddogs.videosift.com/video/Atheist-Puppy-vs-Religious-Doll

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

popecondom-copy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

orangejews.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

pts wrote: »
    Just make sure you don't have a puppy around when it arrives. Looks like puppies are Atheists!
    http://catsanddogs.videosift.com/video/Atheist-Puppy-vs-Religious-Doll

Poor puppy. Now I know how Overheal feels.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

972bd4a5-90ea-47a9-9c09-549a1ef3a028jesus-lol3.jpg

Quint wrote: »
    Don't think many will be ordering these:
    http://www.p4cm.com/p4cm/store/launch?f17bf850

Oh I see you've got a girlfriend and now you dont need it anymore? Good for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

robindch wrote: »
    Does Mary protect against SQL injection attacks?

She couldn't even protect herself from an injection attack, how is she gonna help them?!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

popecondom-copy-3.jpg

Pope Launches New Condom for Atheists

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

Got a giggle out of this one:
    children_of_god.png
    (src)

Hopefully I won't get prosecuted for that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I've just been reading some hilarious fundie commentary on what should be an innocuous YouTube video (linked from Friendly Atheist)

The video is a straight demonstration of a new medical dummy, designed to train nurses and midwives etc. in human childbirth. The dummy is nearly anatomically-correct, and can be used to simulate various problems, such as breech birth.

The fundie commentary is this site: christwire.org: atheist nurses make birth simulation video. Sample quote:
    When those who are qualified watch the video, notice how the separator flap is missing and the secret place ‘magically’ opens so the baby can pop out. This is just all wrong and not science!
    Metric measures are hopefully unfamiliar to you, and in their system 10 cm would not even be four inches in proper measures. A newborn is obviously far bigger than that and it would get stuck as it came down the birth canal and exited from the special parts down below.
    This video was not intended to be viewed by younger or female viewers, due to the content in it and the abortion mongering agenda. Since you still looked at it, I definitely want to ensure you don’t let this give you the wrong impression.
    Already this video has lead you to believe that a woman’s secret area can somehow ‘dilate’ by 10 cm, and that will somehow allow a full grown baby to come out of there. That is not physically possible.
    The "not intended to be viewed by female viewers" bits are drawing quite a bit of flak in other comments ... in what kind of cult are women not supposed to learn anything about childbirth? And what is this "separator flap"? If you go to this video on YouTube, it even suggests other videos of actual births, where there's at least four inches (10.16cm) of visible dilation.

How do these people survive their ignorance?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

bnt wrote: »
    I've just been reading some hilarious fundie commentary on what should be an innocuous YouTube video (linked from Friendly Atheist)

The video is a straight demonstration of a new medical dummy, designed to train nurses and midwives etc. in human childbirth. The dummy is nearly anatomically-correct, and can be used to simulate various problems, such as breech birth.

The fundie commentary is this site: christwire.org: atheist nurses make birth simulation video. Sample quote:

The "not intended to be viewed by female viewers" bits are drawing quite a bit of flak in other comments ... in what kind of cult are women not supposed to learn anything about childbirth? And what is this "separator flap"? If you go to this video on YouTube, it even suggests other videos of actual births, where there's at least four inches (10.16cm) of visible dilation.

I've learned that I have a much higher respect for humanity if I never read comment threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Wow. Excellent video. It was even favourited by Richard Dawkins' official channel!

There cannot be a god, and if there is, he's an arsehole for not telling us about penicillin.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Sorry guys. We have to delete this thread now. Blasphemy is not allowed in New Ireland. There is no humour in religion anymore.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Watched a few more of this guy's videos and this is the best I came across but there are many other good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Worship the kitkat jesus

image.axd?picture=2009%2f5%2fjesus-kitkat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dont know if this was posted before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

bnt wrote: »

are you sure that site isn't a piss take?
    But alas, the Left Wing Conspiracy and Liberal Agenda is spreading like a plague not only through our fine society, but through lesser cultures as well. Their sinful antics and attempt to pass off their wanton carnal desires into mainstream culture is destroying society and mankind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

From failblog:
    fail-owned-baby-label-fail.jpg?w=498&h=362
    yum yum!

I particularly like how it says at the end 'Subscribe or somebodys son dies'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

1000jawskoank.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

are you sure that site isn't a piss take?
    I'd call that a piss take on some level, even if the authors are deadly serious about their "separator flaps". If you mean "do they believe it?" - no, I'm not sure, but then it doesn't matter what I think.

In the past, every time I've gone "no freaking way, they cannot be serious" ... they were serious. I have yet to find a proposition on the Internet so ludicrous that it doesn't have some believers, somewhere. :eek:

In the meantime, have some Bizarro:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

634g.jpg

The Christian view - Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

The Buddhist view - Suicide is a temporary solution to a permanent problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Hagar wrote: »
    The Christian view - Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

The Buddhist view - Suicide is a temporary solution to a permanent problem.

Haha, brilliant!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement