Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Dades wrote: »

Dolph Lundgren movies???
    No pants????
    That IS heaven :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

one of those lothesome meme yokes that actually makes a good point. :)

2666639_460s.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,577 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭dmw07

Emmm, it's very possible that the Italian public will be made to pay for the majority of the cost. Monti has possibly cut a deal, something similar to how FF got us a "deal" when negotiating payments to rape victims.

Damn it anyway, i'm in the process of moving to Milan permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

dmw07 wrote: »
    Emmm, it's very possible that the Italian public will be made to pay for the majority of the cost. Monti has possibly cut a deal, something similar to how FF got us a "deal" when negotiating payments to rape victims.

How so? I seriously doubt, given Italy's financial state, that they'd be doing something like that which could anger much of the population AND cause them money. The only way Italy would do this is to raise money, and that way they could justify it to those who might not like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭muppeteer

Penn wrote: »
    How so? I seriously doubt, given Italy's financial state, that they'd be doing something like that which could anger much of the population AND cause them money. The only way Italy would do this is to raise money, and that way they could justify it to those who might not like it.

The EU are investigating this currently. If they find against the church, Italy gets fined and the CC has to pay back the Italian government for the past 5 years.
    By bringing in this now Monti is hoping that the investigation will go away, avoiding a fine and the church saves 5 years of back tax.

Everybody wins, where everybody is the church and the politicians that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

muppeteer wrote: »
    The EU are investigating this currently. If they find against the church, Italy gets fined and the CC has to pay back the Italian government for the past 5 years.
    By bringing in this now Monti is hoping that the investigation will go away, avoiding a fine and the church saves 5 years of back tax.

Ah.... The Journal didn't mention that....

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭muppeteer

QjuG9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

The church owns one fifth of Italy!
    100,000 properties!

POWER and MONEY!!!

The mafia ain't got sh1t on the church. Proper 'untouchables'. Bullet proof cars the lot.

Everybody means, the felines who are overweight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I am not sure it will go away... I think many investigations of this type are retrospective and fines can be levied on the basis of that that was done, not just was it currently being done. Hopefully this is the case becuase they will get the double whammy of Italy removing part of their special status and then the EU coming in and hammering in another nail.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Hope yer al watching Whitney's funeral on Sky News.
    Comedy gold.

CANNUH GEDDAH AY-MEYEN?!
    OH LORDEH.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

FjJNg.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_lznpnpmuRB1rpsc4so1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lzna23ISBM1r5yfmwo1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

1301108113874.jpg

wrong.jpg

college-humor.jpg

pissing-off-christians-jesus-funny-religion-demotivational-poster-1212988106.gif

binladenjesusNWPIX_450x220.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

^^^ Who was filming that? The cameraman stayed behind in the women's room and didn't get hassled by the "security" people at the end -- looks like a setup to me.

robindch wrote: »
    ^^^ Who was filming that? The cameraman stayed behind in the women's room and didn't get hassled by the "security" people at the end -- looks like a setup to me.

I don't know if he has hidden cameras. Check out his other video where he picks up a bunch of Mexicans to work on his deck. He drives them straight to immigration and they all jump out of his pick-up truck and scarper!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

koth wrote: »
    tumblr_lznpnpmuRB1rpsc4so1_500.jpg

I gotta give it to him, even if he ain't the son of God he can grow a mighty fine beard at age 12...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_lzp484CfnY1r4355oo1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

"we forgive sins without exception...

the only exception being..."

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭dmw07

Galvasean wrote: »
    "we forgive sins without exception...

the only exception being..."

Oh come on guys, there is a exception to every rule. You know that. Give the guy a break. He's only a human you know. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

See how messed up us atheists morals are?! We condemn priests for raping children but it's ok really, they can be forgiven as long as they don't say anything bad about the holy spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

152552.strip.gif

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭el oh el

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Looked like a solid hit. Not bad at all for a chap his age.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

favorite-time-year-not-lent-ecard-someecards.jpg

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

^^
    I gave up Catholicism for Lent nearly 20 years ago and managed to stay off it ever since. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement